Can you hear them
A million voices voices
Can you hear them
A million voices voices
Can you hear them
A million voices​

Last edited by a moderator:

Realest

It was around my 11th Place but I dont care if it flops.

Preuss

Norway is the only televoter in the semi for Sweden. So, how much is in for them from your country?

I mean, we don't blindly reward Sweden with points every year, but I'd say perhaps 6 points from us. At least.

VikingTiger

There will be only 6 N,Q from the semi. I dont think it's very easy to predict the result. I think several entries here will see a rather big discrepancy between the televotes and the juries. One of these being Sweden. I expect a really good jury result, probably top 3, with a televotes result in the lower half (around 10?). But it should be enough to qualify.

Preuss

It's not nonsense, we're top. 3 with the juries every damn year (except for 2010), did we deserve it all those years? Nope... some yes, but not all of them, let's be real here, the bias is clear and as long as Swedes are running the show it'll probably continue.
I mean, this doesn't make sense at all -- how on earth do you distinguish between the years where Sweden "deserved" the jurypoints and the years they don't? Whether you like the entry or not? I mean, the weirdest argument I see online is when people are like "Sweden's overrated and get points unfairly but this entry I like(d) so that's alright and deserved". I don't know which entries you thought "deserved" the points and who didn't, but if the juries pushed Benjamin and Robin and John, so did they push Loreen and Sanna for example

It's when William LeeAdams says the juries were biased toward Australia, more specifically Guy Sebastian and Isaiah Firebrace because he found those acts overrated, but according to him, they completely got it right with Dami Im because that entry he adores. But if the juries pushed Guy and Isaiah unfairly, so did they push Dami Im to that jurywin unfairly. Makes no sense

Ezio

Veteran
There will be only 6 N,Q from the semi. I dont think it's very easy to predict the result. I think several entries here will see a rather big discrepancy between the televotes and the juries. One of these being Sweden. I expect a really good jury result, probably top 3, with a televotes result in the lower half (around 10?). But it should be enough to qualify.
Sweden is not Top 3 with juries, but Bottom 3 with televotes

A-lister

Veteran
I mean, this doesn't make sense at all -- how on earth do you distinguish between the years where Sweden "deserved" the jurypoints and the years they don't? Whether you like the entry or not? I mean, the weirdest argument I see online is when people are like "Sweden's overrated and get points unfairly but this entry I like(d) so that's alright and deserved". I don't know which entries you thought "deserved" the points and who didn't, but if the juries pushed Benjamin and Robin and John, so did they push Loreen and Sanna for example

It's when William LeeAdams says the juries were biased toward Australia, more specifically Guy Sebastian and Isaiah Firebrace because he found those acts overrated, but according to him, they completely got it right with Dami Im because that entry he adores. But if the juries pushed Guy and Isaiah unfairly, so did they push Dami Im to that jurywin unfairly. Makes no sense

I don't see what's illogical in my comment tbh? xshrug

More illogical is the claim that all Swedish entries deserved top. 3...

If you really think Loreen and Tusse are on the same level then be my guest, but I would say the vast majority would disagree...

Now we don't know what the juries will reward Tusse, but if they once again put us in the top. 3 it's just parodical by now...

I'm not even referring to my own opinions here, one way to look at it can be to for instance compare the public vote with the jury vote, in cases where the discrepancy is way too big.

Gitte

If it wasn't Sweden this would be a sure disqualifier by now. People don't like his outfit, his vocals haven't been the best, the song is not exactly exciting and unique, and the staging isn't anything special either (and those lights!) When this won melodifestivalen I didn't understand the lukewarm to bad reaction it got but I am starting to understand it. Hopefully the rehearsals just being rehearsals don't show the full picture at all and the semi-final performance will be better, but tbh I hope it will be bad because there are too many qualify-worthy entries and Sweden not qualifying could free up a spot for another country.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Eek this was... not good.

Stay strong Tusse for the hate he will inevitably receive (whether it is a YOU STOLE A PLACE IN THE FINAL!!!!!! or a YOU MADE US FLOP IN THE SEMI YOU MONSTER!!!!!!! kind of hate) :(

Loindici

Veteran
Tusse has such a powerful vocal and he has good control over it, but I noticed Sweden's prerec backings somehow sounded equal to, if not louder than, his live voice. And that prerec is even the lead vocal :(.

From what I have been reading here, it seems like Sweden is about to miss the final and we will better of it if that's the case. Hopefully, this will be a wake-up call for SVT and they should revamp Melodifestivalen for the better as a result. It's easier said than done though because this would mean that the entire delegation has to be reconstructed, and there will be fights over this.

In the long run, I think it's better to go back to the basics. Select songs that better represent the Swedish music scene and go from there to develop the national selection to become stronger than ever. Like what they did in the late 90s following up to the grand reboot of Melodifestivalen in 2002.

A-lister

Veteran
From what I have been reading here, it seems like Sweden is about to miss the final and we will better of it if that's the case. Hopefully, this will be a wake-up call for SVT and they should revamp Melodifestivalen for the better as a result. It's easier said than done though because this would mean that the entire delegation has to be reconstructed, and there will be fights over this.

In the long run, I think it's better to go back to the basics. Select songs that better represent the Swedish music scene and go from there to develop the national selection to become stronger than ever. Like what they did in the late 90s following up to the grand reboot of Melodifestivalen in 2002.

100% agree, and the latter is something I've been craving for years (a better representation of the Swedish music scene), but for this to happen I'm afraid we NEED to flop, because they (the MF team and SVT) seem to think that all is fine and no proper adjustments are needed as long as we get good positions in ESC.

Ezio

Veteran
I have a very uncomfortable question:

Crimea .... is Ukraine?

Sorry, wrong question: Sweden ..... has lack of ambition or a lot of delusion this year?

I wonder why all of a sudden they fall behind everybody else, come up with a mediocre song, a lackluster and lazy staging.

I find it also kinda ironic that their idea of having back up recoded vocals comes now to bite them in the ass.

I really thought that Sweden would pose the biggest threat this year, when Christer finally retires.

Preuss

I don't see what's illogical in my comment tbh? xshrug

More illogical is the claim that all Swedish entries deserved top. 3...

If you really think Loreen and Tusse are on the same level then be my guest, but I would say the vast majority would disagree...

Now we don't know what the juries will reward Tusse, but if they once again put us in the top. 3 it's just parodical by now...

I'm not even referring to my own opinions here, one way to look at it can be to for instance compare the public vote with the jury vote, in cases where the discrepancy is way too big.

You're saying there's a bias towards Swedish entries, but "sometimes it's alright because we deserve it" -- that's devoid of logic, really, unless you're saying those entries you mean were deserved of those jurypoints deserved it anyway and you don't care about the juries unfairly voting for them... no?

Different years, different songs, different results. I mean, let us not believe that "Nobody but you" and "Proud" are anywhere near the same level as Euphoria either

lasse braun

sweden lacks lightness in my opinium - 10 years ago they have had also this option - 2021 p.e. klara,clara or dotter but sweden wanted tusse and got tusse and must now go the way to the end.
xcheer xmusicxcheer

A-lister

Veteran
You're saying there's a bias towards Swedish entries, but "sometimes it's alright because we deserve it" -- that's devoid of logic, really, unless you're saying those entries you mean were deserved of those jurypoints deserved it anyway and you don't care about the juries unfairly voting for them... no?

Different years, different songs, different results. I mean, let us not believe that "Nobody but you" and "Proud" are anywhere near the same level as Euphoria either

No, I think my comment was misunderstood then.

Yes, I believe there is a bias, but it's not as if we never deserved any jury support? That would be equally illogical. All I am saying is that I don't buy that us ending up top. 3 every year is on merit alone, surely we didn't deserve all that jury love every time.

Top Bottom