A million voices voices
Can you hear them
A million voices voices
Can you hear them
A million voices voices
Can you hear them
A million voices​

Last edited by a moderator:

I said from the get-go that this would be a bad choice, I feel like my instincts have been correct the whole time.

As for Anna, she was #9 with the public and #11 with the juries, it just shows how close things can be in order not to qualify... I am really afraid though that the juries will unfairly push this upwards (as they always do with us), but if they actually act professional for a change, this should be maximum in the bottom of the top. 10 of the semi and the public could very well rank this lower than #11, so yeah a NQ is possible but it all comes down to the juries.

The difference is that Tusse had a solid international jury score in melfest. All 8 juries gave points to him, 4 gave 12 points and 2 gave 10 points.

Anna had no good international jury score. Out of 6 juries, 2 gave nothing and not a single one gave her full points. With international juries she was 6th / 7th place out of 10 songs.
So.. the thing that happened to her in melfest repeated itself in Eurovision. So you can only hope that Tusse performs bad in order for him not to get a good jury result.

A-lister

Veteran
The difference is that Tusse had a solid international jury score in melfest. All 8 juries gave points to him, 4 gave 12 points and 2 gave 10 points.

Anna had no good international jury score. Out of 6 juries, 2 gave nothing and not a single one gave her full points. With international juries she was 6th / 7th place out of 10 songs.
So.. the thing that happened to her in melfest repeated itself in Eurovision. So you can only hope that Tusse performs bad in order for him not to get a good jury result.

I don't really care much for the IJ in Melodifestivalen tbh, they are practically Björkman's colleagues and contacts from the other countries' delegations and they are voting with instructions and guidelines from the MF team so I wouldn't really use them as an indication of what will happen in Eurovision. Also, in particular this year, there was almost no Eastern representation among them, which makes it even less legit.

crashworld

Veteran
Plus the IJ only rate songs from Melo. It's a different ballgame when "Voices" has to be graded against the songs in the semi. It could be an indication but not an accurate representation.

FilipFromSweden

Well it's gotten quite clear that Tusse will finish 6th-13th in the semi-final and then 17-25th in the final

Zeus

If his vocals are shaky with the jury show this will NQ.

Ezio

Veteran
I feel like Swedes get actually quite excited about the prospects of an eventual flop at ESC after 11 years and would be disappointed if they don't.

That of course takes away the fun from us schadenfreudian Non-Swedes :-(

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
If his vocals are shaky with the jury show this will NQ.

That's the problem, I feel like the juries will still unfairly rank this high even with shaky vocals :/

It really would be a shame if this takes the spot of some more worthy entry only due to it being Sweden and no other qualities xshrug

LoveHate

I miss Clara Klingenström.

...but there is no way Sweden misses the final. There are only 16 songs in the semi, and too many weak ones for Sweden to NQ.

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
I miss Clara Klingenström.

...but there is no way Sweden misses the final. There are only 16 songs in the semi, and too many weak ones for Sweden to NQ.

The semi is strong and Sweden has one of the weaker entries in it, I also think we'll make it to the final but it will not because our entry is good but the juries constantly backing us up. I feel sorry for whatever country that will miss the final because of that.

A-lister

Veteran
If he ends up top 10 with televoters in the semi, would these numbers be rigged?

I don't think he will...

Juries however can rig results and they do.

We had cases of televoting rigging in the past too though (not for Sweden as far as I know, but there were some incidents in the past for instance with Azeri owned cellphone company in Malta and sim-cards among Russian diaspora to name some, but seems like those years are past us now).

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Tbh everything we've seen from Sweden is far below par for them, no matter what we think of the song and singer, they always look very polished and clean on stage. Could Sweden be in trouble? Possibly? However I'm still fairly certain they're gonna qualify regardless. So those hoping for failure may be waiting a long while.

i anixi

I think people do get carried away too often. Rigged indeed! I myself can see 6 obvious non qualifiers and none of them is nowhere near Sweden. North Macedonia, for instance, is dreadful, no way is it going though. Ireland's a mess and there's no song there for that matter. Norway's the blandest thing you've ever heard on BlandVision. Ridiculous as hell too. Israel and Croatia are nothing but lame pop numbers, with much stronger competition in their genre. Romania, Slovenia and Belgium aren't all going to make it. General opinion seems to point at Slovenia, but I can see some jury love there, so it's anyone's game. Sweden will be fine, anyway.

FilipFromSweden

Yeah about the level this year: I've always felt like the Sweden's entry has been really elevated (regardless of what you think of the song), like there's been an obvious attempt to take it to the top 5. I believe Christer Björkman described it as every year they tried to create a couple of ''perfect'' seconds that would be imprinted on the viewers mind. For example: the seconds before and after Sanna Nielsen does the final refrain in 2014.

This year I feel like the ambition and the attention to detail isn't there and as if the whole entry could belong to any other country (no offence) and I've never felt that before. Even if he qualifies he doesn't stand a chance of making top 15 in the final, other entries just have glow and a spark to them that Tusse is missing in Rotterdam, partly because his voice isn't all that it can be.

Ringdalen

I think the song is good, Tusse seems like a great person and he was my favorite in the Melfest final, but does anyone really care about his act?
Out of the hundreds I have discussed Eurovision with this year is this one of the songs that never get’s mentioned, except for the «it’s nice, but nothing special».

I’m hopeful the jury will make it go through since it’s a song I guess most people will enjoy, but not have as their favorite. While the jury has to rank a top 10 and it’s easy to include.

But I’m wondering why this is so forgotten (for for myself included). Cause I know that the song has it’s audience, but where is it?

A-lister

Veteran
I think the song is good, Tusse seems like a great person and he was my favorite in the Melfest final, but does anyone really care about his act?
Out of the hundreds I have discussed Eurovision with this year is this one of the songs that never get’s mentioned, except for the «it’s nice, but nothing special».

I’m hopeful the jury will make it go through since it’s a song I guess most people will enjoy, but not have as their favorite. While the jury has to rank a top 10 and it’s easy to include.

But I’m wondering why this is so forgotten (for for myself included). Cause I know that the song has it’s audience, but where is it?

I think it's a no-brainer tbh, the entry simply is forgettable, I mean of course there is an audience for this as well, but it just doesn't stand out in any shape or form (except for a bad choice of wardrobe).

Top Bottom