A million voices voices
Can you hear them
A million voices voices
Can you hear them
A million voices​

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezio

Veteran
well you can count with high points from estonia, both juries and televotes. we're just wannabe sweden stans no matter what. i already read in one forum people saying they like sweden the most and one musician in tv show also picked sweden out as standout.. it might be the case in other not so developed european countries too. but its just a feeling maybe in the night estonians surprise me and wont vote for it :lol:
You picked Cesar Sampson over Benjamin Ingrosso though.

A-lister

Veteran
well you can count with high points from estonia, both juries and televotes. we're just wannabe sweden stans no matter what. i already read in one forum people saying they like sweden the most and one musician in tv show also picked sweden out as standout.. it might be the case in other not so developed european countries too. but its just a feeling maybe in the night estonians surprise me and wont vote for it :lol:

Ok Estonia is a an oddity here, you really are a bit of Sweden stans (for better and worse :lol:), but you're not in our semi though. In our semi I can see some support from Netherlands, Germany, Norway, Australia, Ireland, Belgium and Malta... it might look much, but it's not even half of the countries and apart from jury groups, I don't expect top points from their televoters either.

A-lister

Veteran
Except Robin Stjernberg everything was more or less understandable. The Juries just respond to Swedens Professionality, its no Mistery. The Juries dont care, who is running the Show. And Btw. 'If I were sorry', One of the biggest Hits last Decade was only 9th Place.

If you think the juries are completely independent from the EBU and the producers I think you're mistaken, they even get voting guidelines so I mean xshrug

One of the biggest hits? xshrug

ekzuu

You picked Cesar Sampson over Benjamin Ingrosso though.
true. i didnt check any facts so yeah, it's just the feeling i'm used to watching esc that we give sweden always high points. but it actually still depends on performance too, maybe this year too sweden misses out, but some points it will get for sure i think. i think our public shouldn't like sweden this year thinking about our society.... so televote 0 i can imagine, but juries should give something??? honestly i can't predict

Shadowfuxcs

I want Sweden to miss out on the final not out of spite but because it would be beneficial both for them and for the contest. By rewarding their "keep it safe" mentality the juries are practically not only preventing Sweden from sending interesting songs but also making every country more fearful of going out of the box.
However I don't think that Tusse is the artist that deserves to pay the price for that. The song in itself is not inferior to their previous attempts and Tusse is a much better performer than some of their recent representatives.

Ezio

Veteran
I want Sweden to miss out on the final not out of spite but because it would be beneficial both for them and for the contest. By rewarding their "keep it safe" mentality the juries are practically not only preventing Sweden from sending interesting songs but also making every country more fearful of going out of the box.
However I don't think that Tusse is the artist that deserves to pay the price for that. The song in itself is not inferior to their previous attempts and Tusse is a much better performer than some of their recent representatives.
That's what made Eurovision 2019 so boring. It was Eurovision Safe Contest.

A-lister

Veteran

I agree with the first part, I really think it would do us (Sweden) and also whole Eurovision good.

I think Tusse isn't ready, is he worse than some of our previous performers? Probably not, but he needs to mature, the others were more ready for this. As far as song goes, it's also among our worst entries in the past decade/s so being a song contest after all, I can't get behind this.

I would have preferred Tusse to come back in a couple of years from now, find his sound and enter with a better song, and then represent us instead and not what happened now.

Lance Esgard

I guess I'm in the minority regarding Tusse's costume. I applaud it, myself, because I see it in the kind of personality and relative originality I just don't get from the rest the entry that I personally find too repetitive and too much an 'X-Factor single'.

DanielLuis

If you think the juries are completely independent from the EBU and the producers I think you're mistaken, they even get voting guidelines so I mean xshrug

One of the biggest hits? xshrug
The only non-Portuguese Eurovision song tht played in Portuguese radios for more than a month at least. It was played for years on our most popular radio stations actually. And Portugal didn't even compete in Eurovision 2016.

A-lister

Veteran
I guess I'm in the minority regarding Tusse's costume. I applaud it, myself, because I see it in the kind of personality and relative originality I just don't get from the rest the entry that I personally find too repetitive and too much an 'X-Factor single'.

I don't mind originality, but it looks awful :lol:

But you make the most crucial point, what does a wacky stage costume mean if the entry itself has absolutely zero personality or originality? Imo the purpose of a staging (including the styling) is to visualize the song, if the song is quirky then a quirky costume could work, now it just feels like a distraction to not pay attention to how bleak the song itself is.

Sweden and Norway are basically doing the same this year, generic entries that are being promoted with sob-stories and odd costume choices for the stagings to distract from how basic and unoriginal the songs are. I think the viewers are smarter than that and will see through it.

A-lister

Veteran
The only non-Portuguese Eurovision song tht played in Portuguese radios for more than a month at least. It was played for years on our most popular radio stations actually. And Portugal didn't even compete in Eurovision 2016.

I guess for a Eurovision entry it did quite well, but "one of the biggest hits of the decade" ? nah... that's exaggerating alot

Ezio

Veteran
There are so many improved rehearsals already and Sweden with a mediocre non-eventful show did not improve. I still think, this is the year that Sweden could falter in the semis.

Lance Esgard

I don't mind originality, but it looks awful :lol:

But you make the most crucial point, what does a wacky stage costume mean if the entry itself has absolutely zero personality or originality? Imo the purpose of a staging (including the styling) is to visualize the song, if the song is quirky then a quirky costume could work, now it just feels like a distraction to not pay attention to how bleak the song itself is.

Sweden and Norway are basically doing the same this year, generic entries that are being promoted with sob-stories and odd costume choices for the stagings to distract from how basic and unoriginal the songs are. I think the viewers are smarter than that and will see through it.
I think in the case of Sweden the situation with the costume is worse than a distraction. Having read some interviews, I think the delegation or some members of it genuinely don't see how bland their entry is and the costume is in line with a message of liberation and diversity (it sure is liberated from conventional standards of fashion) they believe the song expresses. Even though to me the way it is put together is more mass-produced conformity to ears like mine.

To me the song greatly holds Tusse back and possibly so does his recent vocal situation. Just because you are cleared by a doctor to sing post-surgery doesn't necessarily mean you have fully recovered. It just means you aren't risking your health by singing.

Sabrewulf238

It's hard to imagine this not qualifying because it feels very much in line with what the juries will like....although the first semi is so strong and I do think Malta could get in the way of Sweden being heavily favoured by the juries.

I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up falling closer to 10th place in the semi final than 1st.

I don't think a Sweden NQ is completely impossible...but very very improbable.

A-lister

Veteran
I think in the case of Sweden the situation with the costume is worse than a distraction. Having read some interviews, I think the delegation or some members of it genuinely don't see how bland their entry is and the costume is in line with a message of liberation and diversity (it sure is liberated from conventional standards of fashion) they believe the song expresses. Even though to me the way it is put together is more mass-produced conformity to ears like mine.

To me the song greatly holds Tusse back and possibly so does his recent vocal situation. Just because you are cleared by a doctor to sing post-surgery doesn't necessarily mean you have fully recovered. It just means you aren't risking your health by singing.

I'm not surprised the delegation would say that, they seem to be pretty delusional but also they have to keep up appearance...

Message of liberation and diversity? I love how anyone can hear a "message" in these generic lyrics...

Top Bottom