19 8.6%

23 10.4%

10 4.5%

15 6.8%

8 3.6%

20 9.0%

• Total voters

CC92

I have a strong feeling this will qualify. And this would be really deserving I think, one of my favourite Portuguese entries til now. I gave it 7 points for the first valuations but now it should be more.

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
I have a strong feeling this will qualify. And this would be really deserving I think, one of my favourite Portuguese entries til now. I gave it 7 points for the first valuations but now it should be more.

Thanks for the support CC92, so are we forgiven for having a foreign composer this year then? :mrgreen: hehe, just teasing you ;)

Miguel

I made a compilation of comments from Eurovision.tv. Comments to me are very important to understand how a song is received in certain countries.
P.S.: we need Latin America, definitely. :lol:

Germany :de:

• "I don't understand a word of what she is singing, however the music is beautiful and I love her voicel!! I'm def going to vote for Portugal this year!"
• "Amazing! Looking forward to hear from her in the semifinal!!!!!"
• "I will definitely vote for Portugal. Great song and singer"

The Netherlands :nl:

• "I love the fado music and the beautiful portuguese language! I will definitely vote for Portugal!"

Macedonia :mk:

• "Great song! One of my favorites this year! Good luck!"

Greece :gr:

• "I love this song!!! In my top 10"

Belgium :be:

• "Portugal needs to continue to sing in Portugese, it's beautiful.
PS: love the golden heels (they're a keeper)"

United Kingdom :uk:

• "Along with Serbia,my favorites"
• "Nice simple staging. Background looked good."
• "The best music ever. Quality is the key word."
• "This song has grown on me SO much! It's starts of like a lovely tourist advert for Portugak and then turns in to a dramatic ballad. Great!"

Armenia :am:

• "The best background so far...Lovely and cute girl with great fado..Like it so much...Hope to see Portugal in the final
Good luck"

Bosnia & Herzegovina :ba:

• "so sweety song! good luck Filipa"

Spain :es:

• "I wish her the best. Good luck to our beautiful neighbours! Their streets are the prettiest of Europe. "

Venezuela :ve:

• "A lot of luck to my lovely Portugal ♥ .. She should make the final =) , cuz Vida minha is a beautiful song.."
• ":) The song is a modern FADO... tipic music of portugal... and talking about the desire of return and give a big hug to her love :), is a great song but portugal only have a neighbor (spain) for this reason i think NEVER win this contest :("

Mexico :mx:

• "I love Portugal! Good Luck Filipa!! Vida Minha is a beautiful song!!"

Argentina :ar:

• "She was very cute with that dress :)
Portugal has chances get in to final!!!. Nice performance.

Good Luck Portugal!!"

Brazil :br:

• "Great song, it is one of my favorites and I hope to see Filipa in the final or maybe who knows win it, everything's possible. Go Portugal!"

Unknown ::un

• "Portugal and Estonia are the best songs, to my mind."

une

Very nice dress for Filipa, I don't think I liked the costumes of the backing singers as much, but let's see tomorrow how it will all look....

Miguel

Very nice dress for Filipa, I don't think I liked the costumes of the backing singers as much, but let's see tomorrow how it will all look....

The backing singers are underrated then. :lol: I love their clothers. And OMG, Filipa looks like an empress. Black & Gold, like Sam Sparro's song xrofl3. I didn't see this coming. :eek: Nuno Baltazar, her stylist, is awesome. :D I couldn't be happier about this choice.

Class is Portugal's keyword in ESC 2012. :p

I did some screenshots:

82909898.jpg

96608485.jpg

60145383.jpg

26913396.jpg

ParadiseES

wow! If the song was played in El Corte Inglés, then you'll have success for sure. They really know how to sell! :lol:

Seriously though, I will be rooting for you tonight, brothers! This song really deserves to qualify and I hope we'll be together on Saturday. It's difficult, but I think juries can save you. They like this stuff.

And if the other Filipa could do it with such an uninspiring song, why not this Filipa with such a genuine song? :D

Terence

Good luck Portugal! I love Filipa's dress... I'm not predicting a qualification for this tonight but I'm not writing it off either. I guess it will be very close between songs placing 8th and like 13th tonight!

Miguel

I was reading the "Recap of the dress rehearsal of the 2nd Semi-Final of 2012 Eurovision Song Contest" comments on Eurovision's Youtube channel. I am actually surprised by the support. Tons of people are putting Portugal in their top 10. I wasn't expecting such a warm support from the viewers (more from the juries). Maybe my theory is right: it's an overrated/weak semi-final. :lol:

A-lister

Veteran
Good luck Portugal! It's in my top. 10 of this particular semi, so I hope you can manage to qualify for the final. It looks tough though, but I hope you can somehow manage to.

Miguel

Dress Rehearsals leave good expectations for tonight

ensaiogeral.jpg

Took place yesterday the dress rehearsals for tonight semi-final, and the professional jury has awarded their votes, which, however, were not revealed.

Filipa exhibited a dress designed by Nuno Baltazar.

Here are some analyzes of Eurovision websites about the portuguese rehearsals:

1st dress rehearsal:

“After a short break it was time for the sixth entry, which comes from Portugal. Filipa Sousa sang her fado-influenced song Vida Minha in a long black dress, shimmering in golden colour. She delivered a fabulous vocal performance in front of a backdrop showing images from Lisbon.”

eurovision.tv

“Rather than go over each performance individually I will only mention my highlights and lowlights.The best performances were from Serbia,Macedonia,Portugal,Slovenia and Lithuania.”

akoe07.livejournal.com

«Portugal’s Filipa Sousa on the other hand is exemplary in selling ‘Vida Minha’. She’s got a full-length gold dress with slit to show a bit of leg, and her backing singers are in black. If the preceding six minutes has appeared rather desperate in fishing for votes, this comes as a breath of fresh air in doing what it does very competently without bells or whistles. It could sneak into the final.»

sofabet.com

2nd dress rehearsal:

“Portugal – Filipa is in floor length split to the thigh silver dress. Lisbon city scape in the background with pink and red mood lighting. 5 backing singers in black ad depth to this beautiful vocal. This is the first time i have really “felt” this song. She has chosen a good night to give her best performance – will it be memorable enough? I am not sure. Beautiful though.”

akoe07.livejournal.com

“Filipa wears a beautiful shiny dress, and both her and her five backing vocalists seem very sure about every step they do on the stage. There is a beautiful backdrop, and the stage looks nice with red colors dominating it. Filipa’s vocals are flawless, and match the vocals of the backing vocalists perfectly. A great performance, and the juries might easily go for it!”

escxtra.com

FilipaSousa.com

CC92

It grew on me much the last days. And I have a very good feeling about this. Really hope they will qualify.

Pedram

Hey Quent91
I followed Your posts in many threads . you like anything!xsos
Do you like yourself?:mrgreen:

Pedram

you mean "you don't like anything" ? :mrgreen:

But on the swedish topic, I said I loved the song. And also about Estonia, Lithuania and the Netherlands. ;)
Yes mister garrulous

I was really concern about You
So it makes me so happier You like Swedish song (You and Swedish are in cahoot?)

A-lister

Veteran
While I'm not surprised it didn't qualify, I still wished it would have. This deserved a spot more than some of the others.

Sorry Portugal :(

Top Bottom