19 8.6%

23 10.4%

10 4.5%

15 6.8%

8 3.6%

20 9.0%

• Total voters

handeyener

Im so sorry this is not in the finals :(. Filipa sings superb!!!!!
Continue singing on your language Portugal!!, ive enjoyed your entries :D

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I think maybe the reason this didnt pass was due to the chorus. The song starts beautifully, Filipa is a stunning singer.. then the chorus comes, it's soo heavy and depressing. I find the melody quite uncomfortable to listen to and yes you can all shout hypocrite at me as im a "Suus" fan:lol: I just find the chorus to be unpleasent. At first I thought id fall in love with the song but I sadly grew futher and futher apart from it. Filipa's voice though, beautiful and she should feel very proud of her performance.

Miguel

To start, I won't be hypocrite. Europe doesn't care about quality (who cares, right?). It was not a surprise. It was expected.

However, I am very proud. This woman was a true diva on stage. :eek: She delivered. A charming and classy performance, no matter what they say. Shame on me for not supporting her song at the beginning.

Portugal, if you want attention you:

- Should be in Central or East Europe
- Should send old people
- Should send dance songs with screaming singers
- Should stop sending quality songs

I don't think I'm going to be interested in Eurovision 2013 like I was this year. I lost faith. Not because we are not in the final, but because I see cheap material in the final instead of something really good. It doesn't seem fair, it doesn't seem right. But that's the game. I just can't ignore it and be happy about it. That's life. You need to lose to win someday. I'm disappointed but I'll live. Well done, Filipa. You're still better than 90% of that final. ;)

handeyener

To start, I won't be hypocrite. Europe doesn't care about quality (who cares, right?). It was not a surprise. It was expected.

However, I am very proud. This woman was a true diva on stage. :eek: She delivered. A charming and classy performance, no matter what they say. Shame on me for not supporting her song at the beginning.

Portugal, if you want attention you:

- Should be in Central or East Europe
- Should send old people
- Should send dance songs with screaming singers
- Should stop sending quality songs

I don't think I'm going to be interested in Eurovision 2013 like I was this year. I lost faith. Not because we are not in the final, but because I see cheap material in the final instead of something really good. It doesn't seem fair, it doesn't seem right. But that's the game. I just can't ignore it and be happy about it. That's life. You need to lose to win someday. I'm disappointed but I'll live. Well done, Filipa. You're still better than 90% of that final. ;)

I totally agree with you, this song will stay in our hearts and after the festival we will still remember it like many other songs that didnt made it (Of course ill continue following Filipa's career), while afrodisiac, lautar or waterline we'll forget em after the contest ends :lol::lol:, because they are really cheap. This contest is political mainly so it's expected what is happening.

Miguel

I totally agree with you, this song will stay in our hearts and after the festival we will still remember it like many other songs that didnt made it (Of course ill continue following Filipa's career), while afrodisiac, lautar or waterline we'll forget em after the contest ends :lol::lol:, because they are really cheap. This contest is political mainly so it's expected what is happening.

Hummm, it's all a matter of taste at the end of the day. Looking at the finalists, I can see other 2 songs far worse than those you have mentioned. I have to agree about the political voting (not news). I wonder how the juries supported Filipa. Around 7-9 place, I guess. But that's the game.
God, I'm getting so mature. When I was 16 I only wanted trash. Now I want class. xrofl3

Thanks for the support, Mexican friend. ;)

dezbee2008

I cannot believe Filipa missed out. This was the best song in the competition, and Vida Minha will stay in my heart for a long time.

Well done, Filipa. You are my winner. :pt: xheart

GRE

Οh Portugal...so sad that you didnt make it...:(
but congratulations for your song and performance!

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Boring, boring, boring. I'm gonna be brutally honest and say this was the least memorable, most bland and overall worst song of the semi-finals for me :/

Miguel

Boring, boring, boring. I'm gonna be brutally honest and say this was the least memorable, most bland and overall worst song of the semi-finals for me :/

I could say the same about your comment. What went wrong? What was missing there? Horns? Screams? Dancers jumping? A circus stage? A rainbow?

evija87

I could say the same about your comment. What went wrong? What was missing there? Horns? Screams? Dancers jumping? A circus stage? A rainbow?

Miguel, about you post... it's + infinity ;D
Maybe he likes shows like this year France is going to be. Song that consist of 3 different songs in one, hot acrobats and pyro and God knows what more...
Let Portugal be Portugal! Maybe you guys should try something up tempo next time, but nothing cheesy, more like something in style O meu coração não tem cor? It's my personal favourite I love everything about that song and performance. Portugal is so long in the contest and yet Lucia's entry is the highest ranked one to happen (sixth). Even Poland has second place...
Come on Europe, Portugal deserve a credit.

Miguel

Miguel, about you post... it's + infinity ;D
Maybe he likes shows like this year France is going to be. Song that consist of 3 different songs in one, hot acrobats and pyro and God knows what more...
Let Portugal be Portugal! Maybe you guys should try something up tempo next time, but nothing cheesy, more like something in style O meu coração não tem cor? It's my personal favourite I love everything about that song and performance. Portugal is so long in the contest and yet Lucia's entry is the highest ranked one to happen (sixth). Even Poland has second place...
Come on Europe, Portugal deserve a credit.

LOOOOL! Thanks for the +. :lol:
Let me be unbiased here! I just don't understand why something classy is ALWAYS cataloged as "boring". I mean, WTF? :confused:

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
LOOOOL! Thanks for the +. :lol:
Let me be unbiased here! I just don't understand why something classy is ALWAYS cataloged as "boring". I mean, WTF? :confused:

But I think that is the point. Some classify it as boring but you classify it as classy. Isn't that the same thing? Quite a few people feel that the Portuguese song is far from classy.

Miguel

But I think that is the point. Some classify it as boring but you classify it as classy. Isn't that the same thing? Quite a few people feel that the Portuguese song is far from classy.

I'm talking about the performance as a whole. Not the song itself. The performance includes song + staging + outfits. And in this case, Portugal 2012 isn't far from being classy. I think you can see that. If this isn't glamorous, then God I'm lost.

And what about uptempos? Why so few people say they are "boring" when some of them are trashy? You see the point? I just won't be able to understand some people here, really.

evija87

LOOOOL! Thanks for the +.
Let me unbiased here! I just don't understand why something classy is ALWAYS cataloged as "boring". I mean, WTF?

I know, right? Not every slow song must be boring. Seems like just majority of people don't have attention and patience for songs anymore. Anything that is slower is like automaticaly called boring. Sure some songs can be boring, but I think people don't try to feel the songs. Filipa's song this year was definately demanding to have a feeling for it, my mum was watching with me and first she said she thinks OK, but doesn't get into it it but when she heard it second time she said: you know, you're right Eva, that song is beautiful! Same she had with Finland. She said that Filipa sang beautiful and unlike other songs , she said to her are just wailing fest.

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Lol. Why is everyone shitting themselves in anger when someone criticises their country's entry lately. Songs like this personally bore me to death, OK? I know a lot of other people liked this entry but its just a non-entity to me.

For the record, France this year has an appalling stage show, but that's for another topic.

Miguel

Hum, I think a rainbow was missing on stage then.

ANYWAY, Filipa Sousa posted a comment in her Eurovision's video performance (Youtube):

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR COMENTS! TO READ THIS IS MUCH MORE IMPORTANT THAN A RESULT! WE ARE REALLY PROUD BECAUSE WE DID OUR BEST! :)

FilipaASousa

ESCfan

Unfair....Unfair....just UNFAIR!!!!!Filipa deserved to be in the final tonight....neighbor voting once again...

Top Bottom