19 8.6%

23 10.4%

10 4.5%

15 6.8%

8 3.6%

20 9.0%

• Total voters

mikept

so.....for all of you that in the lasts months were saying that Portugal need another change (Just one more....) do you really think that Portugal must stay in ESC?? for me again and again: PORTUGAL MUST WITHDRAW....we are not doing anything in this contest...
Once more we saw diaspora votes working a lot!!!

Miguel

so.....for all of you that in the lasts months were saying that Portugal need another change (Just one more....) do you really think that Portugal must stay in ESC?? for me again and again: PORTUGAL MUST WITHDRAW....we are not doing anything in this contest...

I have to agree. I already said in Portugal 2013 thread that we should withdraw. It's pointless right now. No matter how good or bad you are, they will never praise anything coming from here. 2012 results are :?!!!

seb89

I feel sorry for Portugal. I love fado music! Shame she didn't made it into the final.

I really hope you're not going to withdraw, I would miss the Portuguese language :(.

Yamarus

Yeah, it's clear that diaspora votes have prevented Portugal from winning ever since it debuted in 1964. :rolleyes:.

Portugal reached the finals in 2008, 2009 and 2010, which is pretty amazing considering it is (in rajo's terms) a friendless country. I loved "Vida Minha" and the performance was excellent, but everyone knew that Fado was not going to appeal to a large audience. And Portugal obviously deserved to stay behind in 2011.

Miguel

For those who don't know, Filipa came 13th place in SF 2 with 39 points. We just needed 7 more points to qualify!!! :mad:
SF 2 was hard. All countries were so close until 17th place.

mikept

For those who don't know, Filipa came 13rd place in SF 2 with 39 points. We just needed 7 more points to qualify!!! :mad:
SF 2 was hard. All countries were so close until 17th place.
yes Miguel but.....didn´t qualify...this is the reality!!

mikept

I feel sorry for Portugal. I love fado music! Shame she didn't made it into the final.

I really hope you're not going to withdraw, I would miss the Portuguese language :(.

thanks, but I really think Portugal must whithdraw...we are not doing anything in this contest!!

mikept

I have to agree. I already said in Portugal 2013 thread that we should withdraw. It's pointless right now. No matter how good or bad you are, they will never praise anything coming from here. 2012 results are :?!!!
Yes...finally someone understand what is the best position that we can have with ESCfor that reason and many others!!!....Now I am preparing a list of people which are going to ask RTP to Withdraw in ESC ...I really hope they finally understand which must be the RTP position in this contest....PORTUGAL MUST WITHDRAW IN 2013!!

mikept

neither are we, so what? xrofl2
so what?? I can give many reasons to withdraw, for ex:
1 - the history of Portugal in the ESC since 1959....
2 - The neighbours of Portugal (Just 1!!),
- RTP broadcast is from the estate and is spending money of portuguese people ...the country is poor for that....!we have at this moment a big economic problem and we can not spend money playing a song game which we can´t give any return to the country. thanks

Yamarus

History of Portugal in ESC since 1959? That's a reason to withdraw?? If anything, it's something to be proud of. Winning isn't everything you know, and there are a lot of countries that eagerly await their first victory. Competition has just multiplied lately.

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
History of Portugal in ESC since 1959? That's a reason to withdraw?? If anything, it's something to be proud of. Winning isn't everything you know, and there are a lot of countries that eagerly await their first victory. Competition has just multiplied lately.

I totally agree. There's nothing to be ashamed of (exceptions made for 2006 and 2011 :lol: but I suppose all the countries have their black sheeps in the history of ESC :mrgreen:). I'm against withdrawal. Maybe something will change now that RTP1 is going to be privitized, I don't know. Let's wait and see...

mikept

Sorry but I really don´t agree with you...Proud of what? Proud to be in the contest for 53 years whitout victories even in years with very strong entries? thats right that winning isn´t everything but when you have some entries that deserve to win and did not it is not fair at all...and this happen not one e not 2 or 3 but many times since 1958....at this moment also RTP broadcast don´t care about ESC...they don´t bet in a strong way, and this is another reason why we shouldn´t be here....
On the other hand....that´s right there are some countries waiting for a victory but none of them are in the contest for 53 years like Portugal....my view is if in 53 years we couldn´t win that is because Europe really don´t like our music....and if this is correct, what are we doing here??

mikept

I totally agree. There's nothing to be ashamed of (exceptions made for 2006 and 2011 :lol: but I suppose all the countries have their black sheeps in the history of ESC :mrgreen:). I'm against withdrawal. Maybe something will change now that RTP1 is going to be privitized, I don't know. Let's wait and see...
Eurovision smile: don´t you see this is not just of problem of the broadcast?? this is really a big problem of political and diaspora voting system.....nothing more....If rtp is going to be privitized I am not sure and I really don´t believe, but so, this is not going to give a winner to Portugal...forget that...

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
Eurovision smile: don´t you see this is not just of problem of the broadcast?? this is really a big problem of political and diaspora voting system.....nothing more....If rtp is going to be privitized I am not sure and I really don´t believe, but so, this is not going to give a winner to Portugal...forget that...

Mike, if that was true, nothing would change year after year. Norway, with no other friends than their neighbours achieved the strongest victory in ESC. Sweden too. Even Finland had an amazing victory. Portugal qualified for the final three years in a row. It's nothing that objective or simple. There are more reasons than diaspora and friendly votes for a win or a good result. To what Portugal concerns, the issue of bad results relies on the lack of interest from the broadcaster, poor ideas concerning to stage performance and also to the selection process. That's pretty obvious for everybody.

CypriotGirl

Veteran
^But dudes, Portugal never had a "winning" song, why do you complain for not winning? Finland was in the same situation with you for years, and eventually won in 2006.

Although I agree that Portugal is one of the most underrated countries, I simply cannot understand how in 2007 and 2012 you didn't qualify, and in 2008 you were not at least in top 10!

hijirio

Veteran
I'm surprised to see Portugese people willing to withdraw.
Come on guys!
If Euphoria or Fairytale was the song of Portugal, it would still win.
Just find an original and catchy rhythm, the victory isn't that hard.
From 1975 to 1997 the best result of Turkey was 9th.

Top Bottom