Petra Mede - Eurovision 2013 host

alca

Re: Possible Hosts for 2013

1:00 "please put your legs together" xrofl2 xrofl2 xrofl2 xrofl2 xrofl2 xrofl2

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Re: Possible Hosts for 2013

I liked her in 2009 so I'm quite happy with this choice. It's interesting cause she sometimes has that over the top approach but in her case it seems to work. I'm glad they chose a comedian for this job. As the sole host, you need to have someone that is funny yet efficient and based on my observation she got both....Good luck to her.

A-lister

Veteran
^
Yup, it's from the "Petra Mede Show". I liked that show, it was a twist at a regular late night talk show. She was always in character while interviewing her guests. I haven't seen the Mika interview before, pretty hilarious.

Ok I'm officially 100% backing her now! xcheer

toinou03

She will be HUGE !!!!! I find her very funny and über-cool !

The only piece of Swedish humour you won't export is the kind of the spokesperson in I think that played the idiot while giving the points...

T-t-t-twe-e-e-e-lve po-o-o-oints go to Swe-e-e-deeeen... Oh that was very embarrassing. We didn't understand what was going on. It was not cool at all, it was annoying, like the Dutch who harrassed Sakis... This was not funny ! :D

evilperson

Awesome choice, I wanted her from the beginning but I thought they'd go with someone else since her name wasn't mentioned a lot. I'm sure she'll do a great job! :)

Gerly

This is going to be amazing. I don't know her, but as she is comedian it will be funny Eurovision. Something that people will love and laugh at for years :D

A-lister

Veteran
She will be HUGE !!!!! I find her very funny and über-cool !

The only piece of Swedish humour you won't export is the kind of the spokesperson in I think that played the idiot while giving the points...

T-t-t-twe-e-e-e-lve po-o-o-oints go to Swe-e-e-deeeen... Oh that was very embarrassing. We didn't understand what was going on. It was not cool at all, it was annoying, like the Dutch who harrassed Sakis... This was not funny ! :D

Yeah she's funny and cool :)

Oh you talk about Björn Gustafsson, that was just embarrassing, I felt ashamed for Sweden when he announced our points... total jerk.

VikingTiger

Petra seems to be an interesting choice. Normally I would be VERY sceptical about letting a comedian do this job. I think all these "funny moments" we have had both from the different hosts and the different presenters of the country votes in best case have been just lame - and in worst case absolutely embarassing...

Humour is definitely not universal...And there are very few comedians that manage to appeal to the very wide specter of viewers that will be watching. There are young and old and there are people from all corners of Europe with different cultural backgrounds. Trying to please all and offend nobody, it is easy for any comedian to fall flat... and having people applauding out of cortesy only...

But Petra did a really good job back when she hosted the MF. I am hoping to see a cheerful presenters, a "lighter" version of the usual 2-3 presenters. But without extensive use of jokes..

Yamarus

I think it is a very welcome change to see a single host after 18 (!) years. Let's see how it turns out!

LalehForWD

da7e7dd95ae80d61baadeba1d5db95.jpg

Apparently Edward af Sillén and Petra Mede are good friends and will write the script and stage the performance in detail, just as they did in Melodifestivalen 2009.

Petra interviews MIKA and show her language talents :D (Petra Mede Show 5, TV3 2010)

I didn't really catch a lot of the Petra Mede show back when it was on TV3, but after seeing that I'm definitely going to check out some more vids on youtube. :lol: :lol:

Yeah she's funny and cool :)

Oh you talk about Björn Gustafsson, that was just embarrassing, I felt ashamed for Sweden when he announced our points... total jerk.

In all fairness, Björn Gustafsson can actually be somewhat funny at times.

Case in point:

But I do however agree that he was definitely the wrong person to deliver the points in '08. That was just awful.

alca

I never ever laughed with Björn Gustafsson! I find him the most annoying and unfunny "comedian"! He comes on more like stupid than funny IMO.

LalehForWD

The complete Melodifestivalen 2009 grand final in Globen (2 hours):
Hostess Petra Mede
Wiki info

1. Måns Zelmerlöw - Hope & Glory
  2. Caroline af Ugglas - Snälla snälla
  3. Agnes - Love Love Love
  4. H.E.A.T. - 1000 Miles
  5. Emilia - You're My World
  6. Alcazar - Stay the Night
  7. Sarah Dawn Finer - Moving On
  8. E.M.D. - Baby Goodbye
  9. Sofia - Alla
  10. Molly Sandén - Så vill stjärnorna
  11. Malena Ernman - La voix
including epic Tingaling Russia Remix Interval act xheyaxheya

CPV4931

I didn´t really know her before the anouncement today, but she seems to be a good choice.

DanielLuis

Bjorn Gustafsson was ridiculous in 2008. I don't know if he realizes it, but the huge majority of people in Europe don't know who the hell he is, and thought he was a stupid drunk, tainting Sweden's image a bit :lol:

DanielLuis

Anyway, I'm very happen for SVT's choice. I know have high hopes hosting-wise :D
Let's hope she'll do something original, unexpected and funny, like the wardrobe malfunction some years ago :lol:

Top Bottom