Contact us

Petra Mede - Eurovision 2013 host

LalehForWD

ZjLzsyX.jpg

Sundsvall jury reading their tribute poem to Petra Mede in Melodifestivalen 2009 grand final

Free quote from show (in Swedish)
Sundsvall jury said:
Glöm din smärta - rara ärta
Du är själva sevärdheten
Sveriges hanar trånar, spanar
Varje man är mede-veten
gay som hetero - trendig, retro
Finns det någon du ej kan golva?
För din lyster, kära syster
skänker juryn dig en tolva
xrosexrose (I think :D)

anto475

Re: Possible Hosts for 2013

as hilarious as this is, i'm worried about this kind of humour, i.e. video clips of sketches, becoming a big part of ESC2013, i mean it seems that SVT/Bjorkman are going for a Melodifestivalen-isation of the contest, although i hope i'm wrong. at the same time, if Petra and Eddie af Sillen ar going to write the script, then i wish for more live routines, rather than cut-away sketches. it's the Eurovision, not Family Guy.

Petra Mede is good enough.

I'm surprised that it hasn't occurred to people that maybe SDF declined a potential offer? I mean it's not as everyone wants to do this for different reasons (conflicting schedules for instance).

Yeah actually, I do remember SDF saying that she had awful nerves performing in Melodifestivalen and they came back last year when she was hosting. Eurovision might be too much for her like!

LalehForWD

as hilarious as this is, i'm worried about this kind of humour, i.e. video clips of sketches, becoming a big part of ESC2013, i mean it seems that SVT/Bjorkman are going for a Melodifestivalen-isation of the contest, although i hope i'm wrong. at the same time, if Petra and Eddie af Sillen ar going to write the script, then i wish for more live routines, rather than cut-away sketches. it's the Eurovision, not Family Guy.

I don't understand this point of view. It seems that many forum-members greatest fears are events that satirize the contest and rather see that everything is carried out in manner of complete seriousness. I picture some quiet lone souls sitting among of pack of roaring haters ready to laugh at any little funny detail. :D Guess what - Petra may very well be your answer to all your prayers! xrunhug:mrgreen:

anto475

I don't understand this point of view. It seems that many forum-members greatest fears are events that satirize the contest and rather see that everything is carried out in manner of complete seriousness. I picture some quiet lone souls sitting among of pack of roaring haters ready to laugh at any little funny detail. :D Guess what - Petra may very well be your answer to all your prayers! xrunhug:mrgreen:

No it's not even that like, like I love when the stuffy formality is taken out of the contest, but if all the jokes in the live show are clips then it's almost as if it's an episode of You've Been Framed or something like that. I mean why not just put up the Funniest moments in Eurovision voting history video from Youtube as the interval act then?! But judging from the fact that she was on Parlamentet and from what I saw at MF, I am hoping that she will be a breath of fresh, and funny air, something we haven't seen since 2007 I think

LalehForWD

No it's not even that like, like I love when the stuffy formality is taken out of the contest, but if all the jokes in the live show are clips then it's almost as if it's an episode of You've Been Framed or something like that. I mean why not just put up the Funniest moments in Eurovision voting history video from Youtube as the interval act then?! But judging from the fact that she was on Parlamentet and from what I saw at MF, I am hoping that she will be a breath of fresh, and funny air, something we haven't seen since 2007 I think

Ah OK, you were afraid of loads of pre-recorded small sketches. Agree with you there, but I don't think the very limited time she has to play with allows anything fancy. I think (and some may fear) she can be very edgy in presentations and interviews, a touch of Melodifestivalen madness brought to Eurovision. I guess many hoped for that to happen in one way or the other. The approach can flop of course, but the attempt will not be carelessly done (at least this is what I think). :)

A-lister

Veteran
As for funny vs. serious... it depends.

The funny should not be on the expense of the contest, ESC should not be turned into a comedy show. Acts and broadcasters spend alot of time and effort (and money) into this, it shouldn't be ridiculed. If the fun is tongue in cheek and more in a way to have fun with the public, acts and the contest as a whole it's one thing... but it should not be made fun of or at... there's a difference there.

Also, as much as I like Petra and her humor and want that to be part of it, I still wish for interval acts showcasing Sweden aswell... not just funny sketches all the time, there need to be a balance there.

FilipFromSweden

Well, in Sweden this choice is not popular. I was first surprised of the choice as i really thought that SVT had bigger plans but actually i think that Petra is going to handle this quite well. My concern is that she is going to put out bad jokes that no one will get. My first choice was Dolph Lundgren and Helena Bergström. I first thought that SVT's choice was going to be Charlotte Perelli as SVT really like her. Im happy for Petra as this is a once in a lifetime chance, but im not quite sure if she is the one for this job. As she was the host of Swedens NF Melodifestivalen 2009 she actually handled the job quite well. Looking at this youtube-clip makes me more satisfied as she being the host: Petra Mede - Vi Ska Kämpa, Det är Krig (Live Melodifestivalen 2009) - YouTube

When it comes to the whole Eurovision 2013 in Malmö, Sweden im starting to think that this show is going to end up bretty bad. The arena is small and the choice of the city is not good at all. Only 16 countrys in semi-final 1 (that is not much at all!) and i don't want it to end up like Helsinki 2007! SVT never lets me down as they are REALLY good at hosting the national takeout, but this time im not sure. And im quite bitter at :ba: :sk: and :tr: '' BOHO WEE DID NOT WIN, WE WILL NOT PARTICIPATE! '' common Turkey, you ended up 8th, is that really that bad? You did not even qualify in 2011, but you ended up 2nd in 2010! I can understand :pt: as they have financial issues. Same thing for you Poland and Czech Republic, if you can't play with the same rules as everyone do then fine, go and cry just because you end up bad in the contest.

Nikkita

:tr: '' BOHO WEE DID NOT WIN, WE WILL NOT PARTICIPATE! '' common Turkey, you ended up 8th, is that really that bad? You did not even qualify in 2011, but you ended up 2nd in 2010!
Trust me,TRT is just hiding under it.The real problem is,we are going more and more Muslim and alienated from Europe.
Anyway,let's talk about Petra Mede.She's beautiful and funny,i'll definitely like her.But as A-lister said,i don't want sketches either.A good joke in live sounds much better.

FilipFromSweden

Trust me,TRT is just hiding under it.The real problem is,we are going more and more Muslim and alienated from Europe.
Anyway,let's talk about Petra Mede.She's beautiful and funny,i'll definitely like her.But as A-lister said,i don't want sketches either.A good joke in live sounds much better.

Hmm, that does not sound good. Well pretty much of your land is in Asia near the other muslim countrys. I really think its weird that the host of 2004 dropped out.
I think the next one is Latvia

FilipFromSweden

Bullsh!t haha, you shouldn't read Aftonbladet commentary and take these gloomers seriously! :mrgreen:
You're right, almost every poll Aftonbladet has the most votes goes to '' - ''

LalehForWD

More interesting perhaps is how the Aftonbladet TV pajas Jan-Olov Andersson managed to anger bloggers including Hanna Fahl at DN, by clumsy comments on mothers and their children. Melodifestivalen have indeed started. :D

FilipFromSweden

I hate Aftonbladets staff, especially Alex Schulman. And i have no idea why Markus Larsson got the job reviewing Melodifestivalen and Eurovision songs, he hates them..

A-lister

Veteran
I hate Aftonbladets staff, especially Alex Schulman. And i have no idea why Markus Larsson got the job reviewing Melodifestivalen and Eurovision songs, he hates them..

Who can take Aftonbladet seriously? It's a joke tabloid and the staff and chief editor are just effed up! There's zero credibility there and like paper - like readers... no wonder Petra Mede got so bad response by the braindead Aftonbladet readers...

Well, if Aftonbladet and their readers are unhappy with the choice, I'm even happier :)

LalehForWD

??? Those are the ones that saves the sh!t from total mediacre boredom! :D Personally, I tend to agree with Markus Larsson in everything except his faebless for "indie" rock/britrock which is just crap however you look at it. Besides enthusiastic Tobbe Ek is usually there to balance his Luleå-melancholy. Seemingly nobles-wannabe Alex Schulman and his endless exploration of bratwise manners is hilarious IMO and usually actually ends up with a reflective thought (yes it does :)). Alex Schulman should never express anything about music though.

Then there is Helena Trus of course. xkiss:mrgreen:

However I can't forgive Aftonbladet for their slander campaign against Loreen during 2012. Totally uncalled for and probably made real damage to her artistry. Neither of the mentioned journalists were involved in that though.

FilipFromSweden

No, i just hate Alex Schulman as he may have had one article i laughed so hard i started crying. For an example he often complains on Melodifestivalen and his childhood
I like Tobbe Ek and Helena Trus

Top Bottom