Reach up to heaven
To you

I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Yeah I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
And I'm still not sure
What you ever saw in me

No, I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Tryna fly, but I'm not able, so
Just let me go (I'm a, I'm a fallen angel)
'Cause no matter where my heart is
There's no way I'll ever
Reach up to heaven
To you​

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezio

Veteran
If you don't know it, it's a cover of a Jean-Jacques Goldman (and Michael Jones) song:

JJG is very huge in France, he had a huge career in the 80s-90s and is still each year amongst the favourite French celebrities, even if he isn't active and doesn't go to tv.

Oui, c'est vrai!

OMG, there it is! Fallen Angel realness xscream

Ezio

Veteran
Fact: Euphoria sounds like a 1996 club track

Conspiracy: Fallen Angel sounds like a 2000 boyband song (as if iit were a bad thing)

Here is a list of the most relevant boybands. None of them has a track similar to Fallen Angel.

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
Then give an example and stop talking around the bush. You have tons of references here where nobody thinks "Yes, this is like FA."
What is specifically boybandish about FA? Breaking news, it is a pop ballad, written in Moll, bpm around 90 – like most other (pop) ballads in existence. What about the melody and CoMpOsItIoN reminds you specifically about them?
And I referenced the choir in Pompeii, not Bastille in general (even though they also like to include electronic sounds). Reading comprehension is very important, but since I had to repeat myself in my comments earlier already when others apparently understood what I wrote, I get this is a recurrent issue.

And once again: "Alot people claim his lyrics are so deep and tackles the issue of mental illness, I'm just pointing out it's not." [Citation needed]
What I read is that they are able to connect to the lyrics, which is TIX' intention all along. Not that they are deep.

And here we go in circles, I am not really sure what exactly you want me to say? The melody and composition sounds like it could have been a Westlife ballad for instance, of course without the harmonies that a group brings and with a different type of background beat/production than what we had back then. But like I said, the background music sounds more like a "contemporary" revamp if anything (I can give you that the background music production alone is probably more in line with those 2010's soft electro-Pop track you referred to).

I can't really point out what particular it is, but it's just how the melody and composition sounds, music is alot about feeling, it's hard to describe in words.

It's been mentioned all over the thread, I can't and won't go around look for quotes really but no need to pretend it hasn't been mentioned every now and then that the song tackles mental illness etc.

A-lister

Veteran
Fact: Euphoria sounds like a 1996 club track

Conspiracy: Fallen Angel sounds like a 2000 boyband song (as if iit were a bad thing)

Here is a list of the most relevant boybands. None of them has a track similar to Fallen Angel.

Yeah of course it's a fact if you state it... xshrug

Obviously if someone mentions an uptempo 1D it's not going to sound alike, so the game being played around the thread makes little sense...

Apparently people think it's a bad thing to compare with because they get so defensive about the comparison... :lol:

A-lister

Veteran
people really talk about us this year, I see

Not exactly, it's just a never-ending discussion started due to some people getting defensive about my comparison with early 00's boyband ballads :lol:

But one can give this entry one thing at least, it has diehard stans that won't rest until it's being described as a unique masterpiece :lol:

Jopi

It's not a unique masterpiece, I'll be the first one to say it... But still haven't got the answer....

Franzilein

What is specifically boybandish about FA? Breaking news, it is a pop ballad, written in Moll, bpm around 90

Nope, had a listen again, written in D flat major by the way which makes it even funnier because the dramatic boyband songs are usually in Moll. Oh well, another comparison debunked ~

And here we go in circles, I am not really sure what exactly you want me to say? The melody and composition sounds like it could have been a Westlife ballad for instance, of course without the harmonies that a group brings and with a different type of background beat/production than what we had back then. But like I said, the background music sounds more like a "contemporary" revamp if anything (I can give you that the background music production alone is probably more in line with those 2010's soft electro-Pop track you referred to).

Gib a Westlife ballad then which you think is similar in melody and composition, we already had quite a few in this thread as well where nobody said "Oh, hey, that's actually a bit like FA."

I can't really point out what particular it is, but it's just how the melody and composition sounds, music is alot about feeling, it's hard to describe in words.

Great, we're talking about feelings now. Amazing discussion, thanks. Explains the "it sounds like that because it sounds like that" - fAcT however.

It's been mentioned all over the thread, I can't and won't go around look for quotes really but no need to pretend it hasn't been mentioned every now and then that the song tackles mental illness etc.

Demons are a common metaphor for mental illness or problems in general; also in music. Imagine Dragons – Demons e.g. Sure it tackles it. Doesn't mean it's deep.

Preuss

i don't know really, i'd take something "old-ish" and tacky going to Eurovision representing us than blatantly copying someone else like Switzerland 2019, ewww, I don't know how I'd feel if we came 4th with a blatant Fuego copy lol

A-lister

Veteran
Nope, had a listen again, written in D flat major by the way which makes it even funnier because the dramatic boyband songs are usually in Moll. Oh well, another comparison debunked ~

Gib a Westlife ballad then which you think is similar in melody and composition, we already had quite a few in this thread as well where nobody said "Oh, hey, that's actually a bit like FA."

Great, we're talking about feelings now. Amazing discussion, thanks. Explains the "it sounds like that because it sounds like that" - fAcT however.

Demons are a common metaphor for mental illness or problems in general; also in music. Imagine Dragons – Demons e.g. Sure it tackles it. Doesn't mean it's deep.

Not going to play your condescending game any longer.

It's not because I changed my mind or anything, it's just tiring and gives a bit of bad taste right now.

Preuss

Sunlight is imo a song that sounds like a boyband 00s ish one direction inspired song. It was a fun performance though

Jopi

Sunlight is imo a song that sounds like a boyband 00s ish one direction inspired song. It was a fun performance though
So since it doesn't sound similar to FA, from where is this comparison boyband sound with FA?:D What do you think?

Preuss

I don't know why, they're entitled to their opinions ofc but some people probably just say it to put our entry in a bad light, though having a similar sound to a boyband song isn't necessarily a negative thing

Top Bottom