Reach up to heaven
To you

I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Yeah I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
And I'm still not sure
What you ever saw in me

No, I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Tryna fly, but I'm not able, so
Just let me go (I'm a, I'm a fallen angel)
'Cause no matter where my heart is
There's no way I'll ever
Reach up to heaven
To you​

Last edited by a moderator:

A-lister

Veteran
Back up your reference points or shut up

Don't tell me what to do and don't tell me to shut up.

Back up your own points... oh shit... you never do... I guess you're above everyone else...

Did I hit a soft spot, why the personal attack?

A-lister

Veteran
Every post trying to manipulate us to believe that we are some bullies... Thats just not right man...

You're not one of them, but yes, it is very middle school behavior when a bunch of "kids" target someone for whatever reason... make something personal that isn't

A-lister

Veteran
I respect when someone shares his or her feeling about a song. No one should be discouraged to do so, when it comes from a sincere place. But feelings are not facts and should not be representated as such, or I will come and shred those facts to pieces.

Biggest lie of the day (proven over and over again in this thread and elsewhere) :lol:

Franzilein

And here we go again, I never said people have to agree with me, people hear what they "wanna" hear, but is it so hard to just respect that people hear different things? xshrug I really don't get it...

And yes, music to a large extent is about perceptions and feelings, it's not math we're talking about (although you seem to want to make it math).

Stop. Twisting. Your. Words.

And have a nice read.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_and_mathematics

Musical taste is about perception, feelings, subjective emotions. Music itself and how it works much less.

A-lister

Veteran
Stop. Twisting. Your. Words.

And have a nice read.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_and_mathematics

Musical taste is about perception, feelings, subjective emotions. Music itself and how it works much less.

Not twisting anything, however they've been twisted around by you and others in here because you simply disagree with what I said. It's a bit sad tbh.

I'm actually well aware of the connection between music and maths from a technical point of view, although I find it a bit vague tbh...

I would argue the vast majority in here describe music from perceptions, that's not even about taste as you put it. I can dislike and like songs of a similar "style".

Ezio

Veteran
Biggest lie of the day (proven over and over again in this thread and elsewhere) :lol:
You should go to jail for twisting everyone's words. Seriously, this comes from a place of love.

And I didn't personally attack you, because I told you that I applaud your vigor for shoving baseless claims down everyone's throat.

If you wouldn't mistate your feeling as facts, everything would be fine, but since you love drama, you do what you gotta do. I am living!

A-lister

Veteran
You should go to jail for twisting everyone's words. Seriously, this comes from a place of love.

And I didn't personally attack you, because I told you that I applaud your vigor for shoving baseless claims down everyone's throat.

If you wouldn't mistate your feeling as facts, everything would be fine, but since you love drama, you do what you gotta do. I am living!

If you tell someone to "shut up" then yes, it is an attack...

And apparently now I should go to jail too :lol:

A-lister

Veteran
But no one is targeting you ( we just want an example for your fact...)

Ok wait...

"Shut up"

"Don't speak if you can't "proof"

etc. etc.

Yes... no targeting at all...

I never seen anything like this in other threads, people are constantly throwing around different references but they don't have to stand trial for it... it is all a bit disturbing xshrug

Ezio

Veteran
If you tell someone to "shut up" then yes, it is an attack...

And apparently now I should go to jail too :lol:

"Shut up" is not an attack but a command. And you are very disobedient, because you didn't back your claim up neither.

If I called you Laganja Extranja, then you could feel very attacked or whatever.

tenor.gif

Jopi

"Shut up"

"Don't speak if you can't "proof"

etc. etc.

Yes... no targeting at all...

I never seen anything like this in other threads, people are constantly throwing around different references but they don't have to stand trial for it... it is all a bit disturbing xshrug
Why are you not listening?😭😭

Ezio

Veteran
Why does A-lister is not listening?😭😂

Why are you not listening?😭😭

If you are wearing a sponge-dress you are what? Self-absorbed. Listening is not an option then.

Franzilein

Not twisting anything, however they've been twisted around by you and others in here because you simply disagree with what I said. It's a bit sad tbh.

I'm actually well aware of the connection between music and maths from a technical point of view, although I find it a bit vague tbh...

I would argue the vast majority in here describe music from perceptions, that's not even about taste as you put it. I can dislike and like songs of a similar "style".

Sigh.. fifth and last time. You presented your opinion as a fact. You did not back it up with facts, but with feelings. That's okay if you had phrased your opinion as an opinion, not as a fact.

Conclusion: We call you out on your BS. It's okay if you think a song sounds like something else. It's not when you call us out for not agreeing with you, "whY sO sEnSiTiVe, iT Is That BeCausE it Is ThAT". Makes you look like a clown, especially when you retort with "mY FeeLingS".

Welp, basically everything is based on numbers in music. Make of that what you will.

Last part I agree. But if you make a fact out of a perception or a feeling and not out of musical expertise, it gets problematic very quickly.

A-lister

Veteran
Sigh.. fifth and last time. You presented your opinion as a fact. You did not back it up with facts, but with feelings. That's okay if you had phrased your opinion as an opinion, not as a fact.

Conclusion: We call you out on your BS. It's okay if you think a song sounds like something else. It's not when you call us out for not agreeing with you, "whY sO sEnSiTiVe, iT Is That BeCausE it Is ThAT". Makes you look like a clown, especially when you retort with "mY FeeLingS".

Welp, basically everything is based on numbers in music. Make of that what you will.

Last part I agree. But if you make a fact out of a perception or a feeling and not out of musical expertise, it gets problematic very quickly.

O hail the music expert, you compared it to songs it doesn't sound remotely like but I guess when you state opinions as "facts" we should all just listen and agree right? xshrug

It all just comes down to whose opinions are worth something in the thread and whose are not... and some people (you included) are self-proclaimed music experts to tell someone what is correct and not. Funny you're doing exactly the same thing you accuse me of over and over again...

Top Bottom