Now I want only one sugar, sugar on my tongue
I need your kisses baby, gotta keep 'em coming
Oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh

Sugar​

Last edited by a moderator:

A-lister

Veteran
What has politics got to do with it?

Moldova from my understanding is ethnically majority Romanian and many Moldovans take advantage of that because they have a Romanian passport and travel the EU. The other side of Moldova is the secluded, self-governing, but internationally not recognized Transnistria, which for some reason gets to represent Moldova year after year for some reason.

I get that Russia is interested in sustained relations with Transnistria / Moldova, just for the sake to piss off Ukraine and the EU, but that doesn't explain for me how Moldovans feel about their representation in Eurovision, when most of them would not consider themselves Russians but Romanians.

In my opinion, Moldova is just one of those countries of which I don't get why they even exist in the first place.

Politics has alot to do with it since the broadcaster is under control of the government which is pro-Russian and want to show that they're loyal to Russia.

Also, majority of Moldovans might be ethnically Romanian, but majority are also bi-lingual and (unfortunately) many are still more loyal to Russia than they are to Romania (= EU/"the west").

Alot consider themselves Moldovan actually, not Romanian. There is even a social-political-cultural concept of "Moldevenism" that has been pushed, interestingly (or maybe not shocking if you look at the underlying motives), mostly by the pro-Russian camp and it's basically attempts to distinguish Moldova from Romania in different ways. There is even (I think it might be in the Moldovan constitution) an attempt to distinguish the dialect in Moldova as its own language Moldovan (not Romanian). The latter we've seen in the ex-Yugos too, where de facto dialects are recognized as separate languages due to nationalism.

With that said, you're correct that there might be a discrepancy between what the general public feel like and how they end up being represented in Eurovision, but as long as pro-Russians are running the public broadcaster and allow people like Kirkorov to corrupt them, I'm afraid it will continue.

Last edited:

Mrm

Veteran
@A-lister

Bulgarian jury is definitelly fishy as hell..

Christina Yankova Mateeva
Katya from duet Riton
Krassimir Nikolov Gyulmezov
Milka Koleva Miteva
Suti

I can not find anything about four members of them, litearlly a single word online.. xshrug
It seems like those are some persons they picked up from the street.. :(
Only Katya from duet Riton I found who is and that duet so sounds and looks like friends of Kirkorov TBH! lol :lol:

And here they are with Kir! Everything is clear..

A-lister

Veteran
@A-lister

Bulgarian jury is definitelly fishy as hell..

Christina Yankova Mateeva
Katya from duet Riton
Krassimir Nikolov Gyulmezov
Milka Koleva Miteva
Suti

I can not find anything about four members of them, litearlly a single word online.. xshrug
It seems like those are some persons they picked up from the street.. :(
Only Katya from duet Riton I found who is and that duet so sounds and looks like friends of Kirkorov TBH! lol :lol:

And here they are with Kir! Everything is clear..

I thought I've heard about Milka before but could be wrong, when I googled the name I found a facebook page for some make-up artist :lol:

It's pretty obvious that the Bulgarian jury vote this year was the works of Kirkorov.

Mrm

Veteran
I thought I've heard about Milka before but could be wrong, when I googled the name I found a facebook page for some make-up artist :lol:

It's pretty obvious that the Bulgarian jury vote this year was the works of Kirkorov.
He just used his "connections" there and mannaged to choose jury which will work for him..
In return Moldovan jury had to give 12 to Bulgaria in the final..

So not only Kir is guilty, but BNT who ACCEPTED to "play game".. ;)

No wonder, when BNT is the most corrupted broadcaster..

This is not the first time, earlier they played games with Azerbaijan..

We gave 12 to Moldova with televoting in semi final, and 0 in the final..

It is so strange to me we gave them 12..xthink

But our Telekom is really corrupted.. Hmm... :(

Carian

He just used his "connections" there and mannaged to choose jury which will work for him..
In return Moldovan jury had to give 12 to Bulgaria in the final..

So not only Kir is guilty, but BNT who ACCEPTED to "play game".. ;)

No wonder, when BNT is the most corrupted broadcaster..

This is not the first time, earlier they played games with Azerbaijan..

We gave 12 to Moldova with televoting in semi final, and 0 in the final..

It is so strange to me we gave them 12..xthink

But our Telekom is really corrupted.. Hmm... :(
So, Kirkorov ran out of the money or made a deal with different countries for semis and finals? :lol:
I mean, this guy is the coolest. A true mastermind of deception and corruption ;)

Mrm

Veteran
So, Kirkorov ran out of the money or made a deal with different countries for semis and finals? :lol:
I mean, this guy is the coolest. A true mastermind of deception and corruption ;)
He is Bulgarian btw..

hijirio

Veteran
I’m late to the discussion but I think she did sing the last note herself?

I was in the online press room and in the first rehearsal, she was holding back her voice so she did that part very lightly, and there was no pre-recorded vocals at all.

Carian

I’m late to the discussion but I think she did sing the last note herself?

I was in the online press room and in the first rehearsal, she was holding back her voice so she did that part very lightly, and there was no pre-recorded vocals at all.
Thanks @EscTurkey for coming to my help. It seems that this year Moldova is the "cheater" of the year and convincted of a crime in the public opinion trial.

Natalia is still pretty diva and an icon for years to come. I am not surprised she did well in various countries ;) Although she was dead last in the Slovenian televote, but this is mainly due to the fact that we don't care about Moldova.

Mrm

Veteran
Thanks @EscTurkey for coming to my help. It seems that this year Moldova is the "cheater" of the year and convincted of a crime in the public opinion trial.

Natalia is still pretty diva and an icon for years to come. I am not surprised she did well in various countries ;) Although she was dead last in the Slovenian televote, but this is mainly due to the fact that we don't care about Moldova.
And we care so much, that we gave 12 to her so easily in the semi.. :lol: Then suddenly 0 in the final (seems Kir payed to Serbian telekom only for the semi) :lol: Yeah we are so different to Slovenians and come from the different part of the continent.. :lol:

Carian

And we care so much, that we gave 12 to her so easily in the semi.. :lol: Then suddenly 0 in the final (seems Kir payed to Serbian telekom only for the semi) :lol: Yeah we are so different to Slovenians and come from the different part of the continent.. :lol:
Hun, trust me, Slovenian Telekom would sell their votes too, if only the right price had been named :lol: Maybe your telekom was cheapper, that's all xdance
Anyways, I don't believe these in these conspiracy theories, cuz Maja Keuc in 2011 was 3rd in her semi, but then she lost all of her support and finished only 13th. So, where did her votes and support from the semis go? A lot of people forget that semis are much less viewed than finals and finally, Natalia's performance in the finals was not as great as in the semis. It was still okay, but her semi's performance was more relaxed and chic. The much bigger question is where 8 millions of Maltese fans who supported Malta before the ESC have vanished during the ESC finals giving Malta "only" 47 points in the televote. That is a mystery in my opinion.

Mrm

Veteran
I found totally vice versa, she was so much better in the final.. But if you say so. :D

musicfan

Are Moldovans actually happy about how they got represented in Eurovision? How come that such a divided country sends so many Transnistrians to Eurovision?

Are they fine with pink and flamboyant staging and effeminate backup dancing?
Considering it's such a good song they were probably overjoyed. Just a shame they didn't have more money for the staging.

musicfan

For Moldova it is not weak, imho more interesting and better (music-wise) than 2016, 2018, 2019 etc.
For Sweden it would have been amazing, they've entered so many overrated songs, the only good one in the last decade was "You".

It's funny that a Swedish person here described the song as basic as hell.

I also liked her pre-party performance that I found on youtube, it was an interesting improvisation away from the video performance and still had that confidence. No surprise that you get the harshest criticism here and on youtube even on that like most people would prefer some bland Voice/X Factor singing show now. But you can be sure there'd be double standards with a more hyped entrant from certain favoured places.

Last edited:

ZwölfPunkte

If you look at the post with the televoting calls from Turkey in 2010 you have a very simple explanation for how the differences between the semi-finals and the final come together. If 400 calls are enough for points in a country with 80 million inhabitants, then you only need a small community in most countries that is interested in voting, and you can change a lot in the result.

Realest

Top Bottom