Compared to you no other [?] thing to brag about
Your lips are hot and sweet, I feel it to my knees
Now I want only one sugar, sugar on my tongue
I need your kisses baby, gotta keep 'em coming
Oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh

Sugar​

Last edited by a moderator:

innou

The EBU confirmed that the Votes for Moldova are valid.

They just don't want to. I mean I'm Greek, and we were so obviously part of this, so any sanctions would also have an impact on us but... this is insane.
There is a very, very distinct bloc in this year's voting (mostly jury, but those televoting results for Moldova in the semi also stink).
What's funnier is that the EBU supposedly kept the jury members undisclosed so to avoid exactly this, but hey, look! Who would have thought!
Of course they wouldn't acknowledge this, because 1.it defames the jury and the contest itself and 2. it's just too much work, too much of a burden, so many countries, jury members etc.
If they want to fix this though, the solution is one: revamp the jury, for god's sake!

Ianp16

hijirio

Veteran
Now that EBU made an official statement about this suspicion, case closed I guess. Just like in the Italian thread.

HayashiM

Veteran
Now that EBU made an official statement about this suspicion, case closed I guess. Just like in the Italian thread.

Not really, not for me at least - I view the Italian case as properly investigated, while here the EBU imo only wash their hands with "we'd already been assured beforehand everything's ok, so we won't be investigating any further".
It probably is time to drop the issue, but it's not a closed case for me - I will remain suspicious of both Moldova and Kirkorov for quite some time.

A-lister

Veteran
I think it's a no shocker really that the EBU didn't want to open up an actual investigation of this, they never did in the past either when there were similar cases. But it doesn't mean that nothing shady was going on behind closed doors, it's naïve to think elsewise and I'm afraid this could go deeper within the EBU organization and that's why they rather sweep it under the rug, I mean televote tampering is a quite serious case...

So Kirkorov and the horror team will get away with this and also the playback long note (I am still surprised people actually believe she can hold such a note, it doesn't even sound like her singing voice to begin with, as iconic as it is the lady isn't really a good live singer).

Realest

Statement from Dream Team​

Following the publication of the article, a representative of the Dream Team contacted Aftonbladet with the following statement:

“For many years we have proven our love for this contest. Why would we now all of a sudden start trying to manipulate televotes? These accusations are absurd. For example in Portugal there’s a large diaspora from Moldova. And Greece always tend to support our projects”

They went on to discuss the televote scores from certain countries in the Semi-Finals explaining:

“I’m not surprised that Russian diaspora in for example Latvia and Estonia would have voted for her in the semi since there was not Russian artist to vote for”

empo21

Veteran
If that long note was prerecorded, they should get some singing lessons.

Either that or they told the back vocalist to half-ass it so people believe it's Natalia 🤭

Iker

Veteran
Apparently the viewing numbers of the SF2 in :cz: were very low. That may explain better to me how she ended with 12 points from their televote. Either she had some highly dedicated fans there or Gordienko & Kirkorov simcard gate theory holds some water.

Shadowfuxcs

Do these people really sign official statements as "Dream Team"?
Like, just "Dream Team", no names no Moldovan delegation no nothing?

innou

Do these people really sign official statements as "Dream Team"?
Like, just "Dream Team", no names no Moldovan delegation no nothing?
There is no Moldovan delegation at this point, just Kirkorov & Co. xyaay

henhu

Has anybody noticed that it was last of Georgian televoting in semi-final, but in the final it was in their televoting top 10 (9th)? Pretty strange!

Carian

I am just shocked how many adherents of the conspiracy theory that Moldova cheated are here. Guys, have you checked out how Moldova looks like? It is not a rich country like, say, Norway or Germany. Yeah, Kirkorov is not the poorest guy for sure, but do you really think that he has so much money that he can pay almost every year the qualification and good placement of his protegées?!?!?! I mean, no offense, but this thread has become silly. But the worst part is that even if EBU had conducted the investigation and had not found anything, I am sure that many of you would still claim that this wasn't true. Anyways, not cool guys, you have no proofs except your suspicions, which are however just suspicions.

A-lister

Veteran
Israel falls from 93 televoting points in the semi to 20 in the final, but noone argues about that. It's time to accept that some people really enjoyed with Sugar.

And Malta falls from 151 to 47 xshrug

I'm actually not in the camp who believes that no one would enjoy "Sugar" and all that, I think it would qualify without any major issue from its semi (well, the jury top. 10 is maybe a question mark considering they prefer good vocals and this wasn't it, but ok whatever), but still looking at the votes and discrepancies raises some questions. The jury points in the final were literary countries which Kirkorov is connected to, I think it doesn't take a genius to connect the dots here.

Top Bottom