12 6.5%

13 7.0%

39 21.1%

• Total voters

Grinch

I never liked this song much but DAT PERFORMANCE WAS xwoo

Please qualify xpray

aef

This is just amazing when it comes to the live performance. I didn't care a second about the studio version but now I'm in love with the song and the performance! It went from nowhere into my top 10!

This could easily be in the televote top 3 again in the final!

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
The performance was everything. I enjoyed it very much. It made me forget for 3 minutes how monotonous the song is. I loved the staging so much. I'm glad this made it through even though the song is not one of my favourites. It will bring a bit of happiness to the final. Well done Moldova. I feel like going and opening and shutting some doors in my house in celebration.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

Realest

So happy that I supported this Entry from the Beginning and stayed strong against all the Haters and defended it.

Sammy

Veteran
Great great great result! They so deserve to be in the final.
We need more of this kind of acts: funny, yet not silly. A jokingly act without being a joke entry!
Congratulations to this staging!

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
You know that scene in every bad romcom where the protagonist realizes that the guy she wanted was right beside her the entire time and she just hadn't noticed yet? Every day, I wake up thinking that this could be the day that people nostalgic for the integration between folk traditions and charming pop music that used to pervade Eurovision will find the the song they've been looking for has been right beside them the entire time, and they just haven't noticed yet.

(it's :md:)

LA DI DIN DA DIN DA DAN DA DA DAN

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
The performance was everything. I enjoyed it very much. It made me forget for 3 minutes how monotonous the song is. I loved the staging so much. I'm glad this made it through even though the song is not one of my favourites. It will bring a bit of happiness to the final. Well done Moldova. I feel like going and opening and shutting some doors in my house in celebration.

Staging really is a miracle for this song. :lol:

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Has anyone else familiar with How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying gotten that vibe from the performance? It's all I could think as it was happening.

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
This was a fun qualifier for me! It sounded to my ears like a mix of some kind of Balkan-ish 'turbo folk' and Modern Talking-ish 80s Euro-Disco with a lot of energy and fun stageshow, cool entry and catchy as well! xup

VedatiNet

every year for me there is a song that i hate so much and this year that song was from Moldova. till the end i preyed to fail but they did not. staging was fun and something different i most admit

aletem

This was by far the best performance and I think the best performance of both semis!!! xheya x12s This was originally ~30th place in my ranking, but wow what a hell of a performance and choreography. It got me captivated throughout and I wish this one can win on Saturday! Truly a blessing, regardless if those lyrics of the song are cheap and something that I could've written when I was 13... :lol: :mrgreen:
And without Romania in the final, they can take over their votes massively. :cool:

mauve

Veteran

You said it perfectly! That's how I felt. Not my fave song, but the staging was funny and just so gorgeous. And as you said it: an entry that's bringing happiness.

A-lister

Veteran
Hands down the best performance of semi 2, and one of the best performances of ESC 2018 period. This was fun and entertaining with a clear concept, very well-thought-out and executed. While others were strutting around the stage randomly with no concept or purpose (Poland and Australia comes to mind), and others had some random complete meaningless pretentious mess going on that didn't fit the entries or did them any justice (Malta for instance), Moldova for the second year in a row showed that they know how to build an efficient stage show that completely complements their entry. This entry is a fun and catchy guilty pleasure that brings back memories to ESC mid 00's, and they completely owned that with a show which was smart, charming and tongue-in-cheek and didn't feel out of place for the song.

The problem many acts seem to have is to make a show that fits their entry and actually benefits their entries, Moldova managed to do something new for ESC and yet stay true to their entry. Well done xclap

Top Bottom