20 10.8%

14 7.6%

12 6.5%

13 7.0%

39 21.1%

• Total voters

mauve

Veteran
Terrible song, but wonderful staging. Wouldn't have put it in the top 10 though.

grazy2266

I loved the staging of this song, I watched a behind the scenes video and it was amazing how it all works.

Realest

:eek: xrofl

it runs in the family :rolleyes: #allteaallshade.
Also I'm wondering if our & Baltic juries would give this 0 after his father said our countries never existed.

The Lithuanian Juryvote for Moldova was [25,25,25,25,25]

In Ukraine and Estonia 1 of 5 had Moldova on last place too.

Phoenix

This finishing inside the top 10 is the best thing of this year's Eurovision. I mean, it's not a song with which you can easily achieve such a result in 2018, let's be real. Even I'm surprised they made it work but that was one of the most fun performances in years.

Realest

Deserved 3-4 places better. One of the few songs I still keep on listening.

blue00eyes

For me this is crap song and I don't really care the staging was cool. It was entertaining, but that's it. I am happy Polish jury slaughtered it by giving it 26th place.

lolita

Staging hasn't made me to rise this song from my bottom, it is still my 43rd place. Horrendous song! Actually, one of the worst songs I ever heard in my whole life, and I am totally serious. Televoters are sick, 8th place, whattttt?!!!! And even juries are not much better, 10th place! 10th place is too much, really, but it would be really sad if this is placed any higher! Trash, cheap, trash, cheap.....Complete garbage! xpuke

musicfan

It was an interesting mix of jazzy and ethnic, one of the more interesting songs really, surely many prefer it to Rybak for example. And the staging definitely lifted it.

lolita

It was an interesting mix of jazzy and ethnic, one of the more interesting songs really, surely many prefer it to Rybak for example. And the staging definitely lifted it.

This is not jazz, but turbo-folk, one of the worst music genres and critically not accepted. Just saying, it is not jazz, fact! :) I don't have nothing against you love it, just correcting the obvious thing.

Realest

musicfan

one of the worst music genres and critically not accepted.

What genres critics like I'm not bothered about, they often turn their noses up at crossover styles. There's many who wouldn't put it among the weaker songs of the year.

lolita

What genres critics like I'm not bothered about, they often turn their noses up at crossover styles. There's many who wouldn't put it among the weaker songs of the year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbo-folk

It is ok to like it, really! Point was only that this song is nowhere near jazz. Jazz is one of the best, most beautiful and most sophisticated genres ever existed, and this doesn't even comes close to this. Besides pop, my favorite genre. Franka's song Crazy has jazzy touch, and Amar Pelos Dois, and Madness of Love, Italian 2011 entry. Turbo-folk was mainstream genre in Serbia in 90's, so I know what I am talking about. It is always despised in our country by musically educated people, and I was raised to despise it, too. :D:twisted:

If you love turbo-folk, you should check article and artists above, you will love their songs for sure, it has same rhytm like My Lucky Day, and same type of the lyrics. You will have great fun in Serbian clubs, also. :D ;) You are welcomed to check it some day.

Same rhytm, same instruments like My Lucky Day. :lol:

Most famous Serbian turbo-folk singer.

And this is our beautiful, underrated jazz singer, Lena Kovacevic.

musicfan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbo-folk

It is ok to like it, really! Point was only that this song is nowhere near jazz. Jazz is one of the best, most beautiful and most sophisticated genres ever existed, and this doesn't even comes close to this.

I know it's not straight jazz, I called it jazzy as the folk element is loose in a jazzy kind of way. But I understand that the beat that contains it isn't loose and is a more modern style dance. I think every genre can have good music and I never really write any style off. I've heard plenty of jazz but also modern dance styles too.

lolita

I know it's not straight jazz, I called it jazzy as the folk element is loose in a jazzy kind of way. But I understand that the beat that contains it isn't loose and is a more modern style dance. I think every genre can have good music and I never really write any style off. I've heard plenty of jazz but also modern dance styles too.

Yeah, you probably know, if you saw few my posts, that I support idea of all genres in Eurovision, from the beginning. I understand people who love this and I don't say they shouldn't love this, it sounds unique to them, because there are no music of this type in most of the countries, but I don't like it, because in my country it is playing in all places, noooo, nightmare. I am too used to this, that is all, if I came from America or Spain, probably I would like it, too. Who knows. ;) We, Serbians were talking how we should send this type of music, like Ceca and Jelena Karleusa, we will get great result for sure, but RTS don't love to send turbo-folk, they only love Balkan ballads and pop songs, because they appreciate only that. I think they should be opened to turbo-folk, because lot of people love it, it is catchy. :)

Realest

How could 37 Professional Jurymembers put this Song on last Place?

Realest

Still love this song, even without the show. So so underrated from both TV and Juries.

Preuss

I think tenth place was a respectable placing for Moldova considering the song... staging obviously lifted it. Not personally anywhere near my top ten but I still believe they did quite well in the televote and with the juries to be honest

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Their new song is available now for download. They performed it previously but it has now become the latest single of Doredos.

Top Bottom