5 2.4%

• Total voters

A-lister

Veteran
Albania had the same draw last year and yet made it to TOP 5! xcheer
Also Denmark was 5th with the same draw in 2011... :eek:
Let's hope she'll continue this weird tradition. :D

Well, let's hope :lol:

btw why does everyone compare this to Albania 2012?? I don't really see the resemblance here xshrug

iowacorn

She has a voice with a ton of personality. It's kinda sassy, but at the same time it's serious, just like her personality in her Russian interviews. The only commonality this shares with Albania 2012 is that they are both native language ballads, and they're both performing 3rd in the final.

evija87

She has a voice with a ton of personality. It's kinda sassy, but at the same time it's serious, just like her personality in her Russian interviews.

I wouldn't have describe it better. I totally agree with this. I love her voice, it gets my attention. It's very good but not hmm maybe very spectacular like some singers can be, but it has something and it fits O Mie so much. Pity that it got early draw, with climate and presentation of the song it would be just perfect near the end. A closure.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Albania had the same draw last year and yet made it to TOP 5! xcheer
Also Denmark was 5th with the same draw in 2011... :eek:
Let's hope she'll continue this weird tradition. :D

Yes and Rona could have done even better last year had she been later but that was just the luck of the draw. This year it's sabotage and unfair. No one should be choosing positions of these songs. It's apparently to make it a "better show" or whatever nonsense svt gave us. All they have done is lump all the favourites together at the end. This is a terrible system and theres no way when discussions were going on for the positions were they just thinking about.. "Oh putting this or that here will be better for the show".

Tonights semi we had three countries that hardly ever (if ever) qualify for the contest in the first three slots. If it was random, who knows where these countries would have ended up.. and who knows what might have happened? They might have made it to the final with a better draw. This is the most unfair change imaginable.

I've still got faith in Aliona. Like Rona she can fight and get a good placing. I believe in her. Her position shouldn't be in someone else's hands though. It should be in the hands of luck. favouritism in play here, no doubt about it.

eugoose

Having watched both semis, Aliona's staging is probably the best out of the 33 songs that competed. Quality, quality stuff, and I hope she kicks ass in the final.

Hayato

I think her song will stand out at this position. Out of the first 9 songs, frankly, it's the only good song (and only traditional ballad). Kick ass Aliona, hope she wins the whole damn thing!

i anixi

It seems that she wasn't her usual great self last night in the jury rehearsal. What a shame. This is the best ballad in the contest and I'd like it to be top 5, ahead of Georgia and Russia.

Stuff

How epic would it be if Europe's poorest country will win and beat the Economic Juggernauts this year. its like the ultimate Cinderella story.

Alberca

How epic would it be if Europe's poorest country will win and beat the Economic Juggernauts this year. its like the ultimate Cinderella story.

Wasn't that Albania?

In any case, it's such a pity that she was not A-level in the jury final (haven't seen it yet). The early draw is no good news for a good televoters result. But I'll cross my fingers to see this land in the top 10! Simply love it!!

Synergise

My friends and I play a drinking game in the final where everyone is given a country, and both years we've done this, I've drawn the winning entry. This year I drew Moldova (who I voted for in the semis!). Might be right three years running ;)

Mattan

Wasn't that Albania?

Nope, Moldova is the poorest. Albania's GDP per capita is over double the one of Moldova.

Those things aside, it really is an impressive entry with an impressive singer. I doubt it will win, but if there is a dark horse this year, it's Moldova. A good position shouldn't be impossible, at least not with Aliona's vocals.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Nope, Moldova is the poorest. Albania's GDP per capita is over double the one of Moldova.

Those things aside, it really is an impressive entry with an impressive singer. I doubt it will win, but if there is a dark horse this year, it's Moldova. A good position shouldn't be impossible, at least not with Aliona's vocals.

This makes me love Moldova even more. They don't have as much money as everyone else but they stay true to themselves, sending stuff that represents them. They always put on a colourful show and usually share a bit of their culture with us. Albania and Moldova are two fantastic Eurovision countries showing us that money isn't everything. Always a great heart to their entries.

DanielLuis

You can say that being 3rd in the running will affect her chances, but I do agree that it could make this beautiful song stand out more around the other entries in the beginning. Let's hope for, at least, a top 10!

Top Bottom