4 1.9%

14 6.8%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Lithuania-scaled.jpg

Mainshow

Veteran
I honestly and wholeheartedly protest all the Conan shade. Portugal 2019 was neither a mess nor a joke entry. It was a very high quality entry, very progressive, innovative and experimental. Even though it wasn't my #1, I think he had the best song (in terms of production). Just like Finland 2017, Eurovision wasn't ready for artistry, unique beauty and authenticity to the maximum.

Realest

Conans Problem is that hes very uncharismatic and unlikeable on stage and his Outfit was extrem ugly. And the fake Death in the End was embarassing and the whole product was too much Freakshow.

And as much as I dislike this Song here, at least the Mainsinger has a TV-friendly Appearance. I give him that.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
I compared The Roop to Conan not because of their song, but because they were both show-stopping acts with what I perceived to have niche appeal. Both have very vocal fanbases and were insanely popular in their home countries. Their songs are completely different (and "Telemoveis" is the better song, I agree with that as well.)

However, Conan's buzz died almost instantly after he won FdC. Hours later and people were simply over him, and ranking him near the middle or bottom of their rankings. Once he showed up in Tel Aviv wearing that kimono thing they quickly turned against him because they had found the excuse they needed to justify the headturn. It was always going to happen because Conan lost momentum, just like how Saara Aalto also lost momentum and many other early faves did before her.

I assumed The Roop would face a similar fate once they won PiN. Instead, we have this:

86498930_954640604932354_2367051348358201344_n.png

This is not a "Telemóveis". Yet.

Uto

Veteran
Conans Problem is that hes very uncharismatic and unlikeable on stage and his Outfit was extrem ugly. And the fake Death in the End was embarassing and the whole product was too much Freakshow.

And as much as I dislike this Song here, at least the Mainsinger has a TV-friendly Appearance. I give him that.
Staging for Telemoveis was indeed just a dud. That won't happen with The Roop, they have a solid finished product. The two are not comparable. Also, as a song, On Fire is much more accessible. It's quirky, but doesn't take you to places you haven't been before, it doesn't get weird at any point. Actually, it's exactly the kind of song you might find on a FIFA-soundtrack.

EscUKFan

Don’t know if it’s already been mentioned but Lithuania are currently 5th in the odds and continue to drop.

MalagaToledo

Banned
This reminds me like I said on conan and we are the winners from Lithuania cause of joke acts, on bilal and mikolas Josef cause of moves and someone else. Am I the only noticing it.

ESCREGION

I am trying to find a Lithuanian entry that i liked and i have to go back many years. Nice choice :lt: :7:

MalagaToledo

Banned
Juri from 2019 had such a nice song. Too bad he didn't qualify because of 1 pt, leeva had nice song but not my cup of tea. Donie montel love is blind was a cool song. This roop is just too much in your face.

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I actually really like this! It's got a good beat and the chorus is pretty catchy (I'm just gonna ignore the fire/desire/higher lyrics xpuke) I didn't really follow the NF but I listened to some of the songs and this one is my favourite, probably along with Aiste and Monika Marija, so I think Lithuania have made a good choice here. I can see the televote getting on board with this so they should be able to qualify :mrgreen:
7 points for now with room to grow :D

aef

This is so genius. Plus I really like his voice. I'm stunned, this the :lt: I want! It can easily be in top 5 at Eurovision. Televoters will help this a lot and I think it might have jury appeal too.

That Monique song was an obvious NQ. I'm relieved :lt: decide right.

10 points from me. With more variety in the song and the lyrics it would have been 12.

I don't get the comparison to :pt: 2019, well obviously this is a more mainstream song and a fun performance...

CPV4931

My new Favorite, great song from Lithuania

BorisBubbles

Veteran
The odds don't matter too much. They always fluctuate when NFs end and begin. If The Roop STAY at the top, then we might be talkin'.

Even then, well... 2018's betting odds had Rybak second and fucking JESSICA MAUBOY third. You might as well be reading tea leaves.

Decayingbooks

I don't get the comparison to :pt: 2019, well obviously this is a more mainstream song and a fun performance...

The comparison is mostly because of the "weird factor" that the performance has, but to be fair we should compare it to :sm: 2019.
It's a fun song with a fun staging and people will love it

valenzbar

Who would have thought that Pabandom would be ten times better than a Melodifestivalen? What an amazing year!

I'm very sorry for KaYra, Gabrielius, Baltos Varnos, Monique and Ruta.. but The Roop had the full package.

My winners at the moment.

Last edited:

Realest

...so was Conan for quite some time (maybe not top 5, but top 10 for sure...).

#9 was his highest Position as soon as all 41 Entries have been released, but he fell to #19 since May. And we shouldnt forget that he was #10-13 the whole Season in the "to qualify"-Odds.

HayashiM

Veteran
I compared The Roop to Conan not because of their song, but because they were both show-stopping acts with what I perceived to have niche appeal. Both have very vocal fanbases and were insanely popular in their home countries. Their songs are completely different (and "Telemoveis" is the better song, I agree with that as well.)

However, Conan's buzz died almost instantly after he won FdC. Hours later and people were simply over him, and ranking him near the middle or bottom of their rankings. Once he showed up in Tel Aviv wearing that kimono thing they quickly turned against him because they had found the excuse they needed to justify the headturn. It was always going to happen because Conan lost momentum, just like how Saara Aalto also lost momentum and many other early faves did before her.

I assumed The Roop would face a similar fate once they won PiN. Instead, we have this:

86498930_954640604932354_2367051348358201344_n.png

This is not a "Telemóveis". Yet.

I don't believe there's such thing as a momentum in the ESC context - at least not before the final week kicks in. We the hardcore fans only make a very tiny part of the entire viewership. 180 000 000 people watch the show and most of them haven't heard the songs pre-competition, maybe even most of the juries haven't heard the songs pre-competition. The casual viewer doesn't care about hype, doesn't care about all the interviews and intermezzos and certainly isn't influenced by such things as a momentum from 3 months ago. All that matters is the 3 minutes on stage.

On Fire as a song is more accessible to the masses than Telemóveis, but the staging is also superquirky - once again it's a hit or miss.

Top Bottom