4 1.9%

14 6.8%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Lithuania-scaled.jpg

Uto

Veteran
The odds don't matter too much. They always fluctuate when NFs end and begin. If The Roop STAY at the top, then we might be talkin'.
Odds are something you can look at at your own peril. This song does not pass the eye test for me as winner material, nor does a quick glance at the metrics. It’s not something the juries are going to go crazy for (rather low difficulty vocally, not that original, melodically weak) and while it’s going to be getting the majority of votes from people who like exactly this genre of artsy electropop there just isn’t a huge fanbase there. The odds should drift considerably in the coming weeks.

dezbee2008

Having seen all the acts trying to represent Lithuania, I knew The Roop had a strong fan base going into the final, but I didn't expect this to win. I was hoping for Aiste, but it was becoming less and less the more people backed Monique, which I would have preferred. 5 points for now

NikolaiMoller

Veteran
I'm glad The Roop won. We need different songs in Eurovision, we don't want it to be boring.

Good choice Lithuania :cool:

I enjoyed following their National Final this year. Many good songs.

But...

Justice for GABRIELIUS!

JohnyKaz

I like the fact that Lithuania has chosen something different but I am not a fan of the song. It's just too weird for me. My favorites were Ruta followed by Monique. It's a 5 for now.

kamc

Yayy!!
When I first listened to the Lithuanian hopefuls, The Roop stood out instantly so I’m very happy with this!

aef

Btw I'd 100% take the staging for Eurovision but lightning can be improved a lot in my opinion. And I might go for black and white instead of black and read but I'm not sure about that... :unsure:

RevNet

THE GOOD:
-The instrumentals are the highlight for me here.
-The vocals are...interesting.

THE BAD:
-I got moments of creepiness from the performance I watched. Maybe this can be fixed with some editing on the staging front come May.
-It got a bit repetitive towards the end.

THE VERDICT:
Another good, but not great, entry from Lithuania. I like that they went with a new wave track. It'll be unique, therefore, it'll attract an audience. For right now, though, I'm not co-signing on this entry as is. 7 points

LontraCanadensis

Lol, oh I'll prolly be wrong then about them not flopping then, I really just don't get it at all and genuinely feel a combination of annoyance and embarrassment watching (so like LT United lolsorry). I dislike everything about the performance and the song is hollow and distracting, but my feelings are prolly magnified about the fact that my faves have all been dying and one with an actual chance of winning died to the my least favorite song in the final (Vidbir 2018 teas lol). I'm not convinced that they won't bomb in the juries without press help/#1 bookie support (a la Toy), but let's just say, if Lithuania wins, I'll never watch Eurovision again - Paloma Soto-Castillo - me ;)

agnobu

Found this comment on youtube. It explains everything. It's not a joke, like some of you think about it. It has a message, and since I am not that youngster, I really get that message. I've read about this earlier at Lithuanian press, but my english is too bad to explain it :cool:
"By the way - Official dance move explanation: 1st move- hands on the head :"I am on fire"; 2nd move-hands stretching to opposite direction: "I am stretch out to get some energy even more"; 3rd move-hand on the sides on the head: " I am getting focused"; 4th move- both hands moving together:" I am making/opening my way clear/bigger";5th move - "dusting out /cleaning myself from stereotypes and ready to roll!" ...because this song is about that "youth cult" in society, and if you above 30/40, its like you already old.. So dude made this song to say, hell no, of cause we are not youngster, but we still have energy/craziness and fun even if we above 30/40".

Uto

Veteran
Found this comment on youtube. It explains everything. It's not a joke, like some of you think about it. It has a message, and since I am not that youngster, I really get that message. I've read about this earlier at Lithuanian press, but my english is too bad to explain it :cool:
"By the way - Official dance move explanation: 1st move- hands on the head :"I am on fire"; 2nd move-hands stretching to opposite direction: "I am stretch out to get some energy even more"; 3rd move-hand on the sides on the head: " I am getting focused"; 4th move- both hands moving together:" I am making/opening my way clear/bigger";5th move - "dusting out /cleaning myself from stereotypes and ready to roll!" ...because this song is about that "youth cult" in society, and if you above 30/40, its like you already old.. So dude made this song to say, hell no, of cause we are not youngster, but we still have energy/craziness and fun even if we above 30/40".
That's fine and all, but this has no bearing on the way it's going to be perceived by the general public. I think they are fine though, it's probably going to come across as quirky, not as a joke.

FilipFromSweden

umm why does it look like their stage had twice the budget of Melodifestivalen

• Like It
Reactions: Uto
Top Bottom