I am the road
There's only one way to go
This is the way back home

I've been searching all the wrong places
I've been trying too many faces
Only one way to go
This is the way back home
I've been searching all the wrong places
I've been trying too many faces (I've been trying)
Only one way to go
This is the way back home​

Last edited by a moderator:

Dessi

I really LOVE this song. :love:
The feelings in this song for me is like she is fighting MY hard battles in life and she is doing it easily. THAT is what this powerful song represent for me. A lot of feelings, a lot of power and I feel like someone is cheering me on... :)
You GO Lesley! xheartxyaaay:love:
I will vote for you!(y)

grazy2266

I really like this song. This has so far become one of my favourite songs of the year so far. I was really hoping to see her sing live on TV last week, but unfortunately she was lip-syncing, however if she can pull off a good live performance, I think I may have found my song of the year.

bstream

My first reaction was "well this is a competent entry." I thought the same about last year's, but this song feels more complete/doesn't have "na na na na" sing-song'ed at you. I'm not super worried about potential vocal issues (due to the temporary rule change) but more so worried about staging (Ireland 2019) and the artist's presence, which is what has this ranging from being a top 13 placer in the final and being a borderline NQ.

I say this, like, every year, but I feel like Ireland and the UK are one or two good-finishes away from taking this thing seriously and sending great songs for a multi-year stretch. And in such a scenario, all us fans win.

toinou03

Right now it is a good pop song, though a litttle generic possibly. My main concern is that overproduced autotuned singing in the song. Pretty sure it'll sound nicer sung live. Right now, I've got no idea how it'll be...

Mainshow

Veteran
Right now it is a good pop song, though a litttle generic possibly. My main concern is that overproduced autotuned singing in the song. Pretty sure it'll sound nicer sung live. Right now, I've got no idea how it'll be...

Same. I would love to upgrade this to :8: but the vocal production is a mess. Lesley doesn't need so much autotune and her voice sounds so processed and artificial at times. I also believe that she will sound way better during the live performance of the song but it's a pity that they will press that autotune version on the official Eurovision CD so that I can't see myself listening to it many time in the near future despite this entry being quite a good one!

SAYAY

Aaah Lesley, you had me partying in bedroom every night like it was friday evening with your 2020 song and the party will keep going with your 2021 entry as well. I do miss some more power in the song, but this is definetly one of my favorites this year. :7: points from this fallen angel to Ireland xrose

VikingTiger

I seem to be swimming in an ocean of 5s and 6s this year... like this one, - another safe 5 from me. Quite OK, nice voice, nothing bad - but on May 23rd I'll already be forgetting about this one. And if you ask me late May 2022 the chance is big I wont remember who or what Ireland send to the ESC in 2021.

I bims

Veteran
Changing my vote from :10: to :12:, whenever it comes up in my playlist I turn up the volume and I'm right there with her running through the irish landscape o_O

Iker

Veteran
Changing my vote from :10: to :12:, whenever it comes up in my playlist I turn up the volume and I'm right there with her running through the irish landscape o_O
Yeah, this is one of the more uplifting entries thus year. I love singing the chorus out loud!

Top Bottom