I am the road
There's only one way to go
This is the way back home

I've been searching all the wrong places
I've been trying too many faces
Only one way to go
This is the way back home
I've been searching all the wrong places
I've been trying too many faces (I've been trying)
Only one way to go
This is the way back home​

Last edited by a moderator:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
You go Ireland, you've got an entry you can be real proud of for sure. Like us, you usually linger in a pool of mediocrity. I actually lowkey liked her song last year, but it wasn't something I had on for repeated listens. This is better for sure. I have concerns how she'll be able to deliver this live as its very energetic and there seems to be use of autotune through out but fingers crossed for our neighbours. If you make the final i'm sure the Irish Diaspora British televote will be working overtime for it, and It seems you surely deserve to make it with this. I'll give it 10, with a possible room for growth up to a 12.

Dessi

WOW, way to go Ireland! :love: xyaaay
I really LOVE this song. So much power. :love: Listening to this song I feel like I can handle anything... and in my chaotic life that is truly a BLESSING! xkiss
It is my personal "fighter song". A song to keep me fighting all my Chronic Diseases. I'm rooting for you Ireland!
YES! YES! YES! This song will definitely go into my TOP! xheya

Stashio833

I am very impressed by Ireland this year. I think this has the potential to be Ireland's best placement since 2011 with Lipstick. As of right now, I'm predicting 6th or 7th. Definitely won't be a return to the Ireland of the 90's, but has great potential. Let's go, Lesley!

mauve

Veteran
It's the autotune. There's too much of it and it makes the song sound metallic.

I really like this entry though, but I wish it had a moment to really clinch the attention, and retain it throughout. That stage show had better deliver.
Yes, that was the word I was searching for: "metallic". I hope that disappears once she sings it live.

ESC94

Now I listened to the song as well.

I start with the good new first: This song is much better than her entry in 2020, even though it isn´t really hard to beat this childish kindergarten song from last year. :p

The problem I have with this title is that it´s pretty predictable in my opinion, after the first minute I already knew how this would go on. The fact that I still don´t like her voice all that much doesn´t help either. :confused:

Does this have a chance to qualify for the final?? It could, but I can also see this as the song where nobody minds seeing this in the final but in the end nobody cares enough to vote for it. xshrug

All in all I give :ie: this year :5:, it´s a solid song but nothing more for me.

crashworld

Veteran
She has just performed it on some rooftop in Late late show, but it was a playback.. :lol: lol I watched an hpur of Late lata show (without LInda Martin) for the live rendition, but I only got that.. :lol:
That's a pretty smart move though. To prevent people who don't now her casting doubts on her 'live' vocals.

LoveHate

Why drown the studio version with autotune if you can’t use it in ESC?

It’s pretty good, but might become one of those ”Oh no! It was my fifth favorite in the semi. Why didn’t it qualify?”.

hijirio

Veteran
It's a catchy song, I really like the production and it's an improvement from last year but I really can't relate with the hype here.
:7: from me. I'm a generous lady this year.
It will require a great staging and on-point vocals to get this song to stand out in the first half of the semi-1, but you never know. She gives me the vibes that she knows what she is doing. ;)

joao

Super Moderator
Staff member
After listening a couple of times I can finally vote. I'm giving you a beautiful :10:

It has this cool feel good vibe, almost like an anthem. This song has quality and if Ireland can pull it of live, then this will be Ireland's best result since 2011.

Last edited:

Preuss

Legit Carly Rae Jepsen vibes and I love it. I needed 3-4 listens to remember it, but it's a pretty strong effort. I know you should take odds with a pinch of salt, but it's always a good indicator. Not sure why Ireland hasn't moved up a bit?

kamc

A big red flag that Lesley used playback for the Late Late show performance and the fact that RTE disabled any comments when they uploaded it to YouTube screams “defensive” 😅

I bims

Veteran
A big red flag that Lesley used playback for the Late Late show performance and the fact that RTE disabled any comments when they uploaded it to YouTube screams “defensive” 😅
I saw that and I was worried. I think this song will be harder for her to pull off live.
"Story of My Life" is just screaming joyfully at certain points. But "Maps" wants to be SOLD. Maybe the prerecorded vocals help?

ayzelto

I like Maps, but I remember getting much more excited last year with Story of my life. The impact on me was bigger. Anyway, musically speaking I think this one's got more chances to do well.

gingerale

As it was performed on a windy rooftop it would have sounded bad anyway, so it wasn't a stupid choice going playback. But it raises questions.

Anyway I'm going to worry she will pull a Macedonia 2017 and 2018.

But let's all remember that Eleni Foureiras live abilities were also questioned untill the first rehearsal.

njdevils94

Veteran
Rte disable comments on a lot of videos though.

MAD20

Go Lesley, big :10: for Ireland!! Just pray for RTE to give her a good staging, good vocals and qualification is guaranteed.

Top Bottom