I am the road
There's only one way to go
This is the way back home

I've been searching all the wrong places
I've been trying too many faces
Only one way to go
This is the way back home
I've been searching all the wrong places
I've been trying too many faces (I've been trying)
Only one way to go
This is the way back home​

Last edited by a moderator:

Iker

Veteran
Unfortunately, I think you're probably right. I loved Ireland's 2019 song 22, but live it was so boring due to 0 charisma and bland singing from Sarah McTernan. In Lesley's defense, I think she's a bit more charismatic but her vocals seem so strained. Maybe the recorded backing vocals might save her?!
Her vocals are always kinda strained but Lesley can sing live. And she's much better than some pop stars used to be at that - Katy Perry*cough*.

revallsay

Lesley Roy - Maps - Ireland

I don't know how to rank this song. When I listen to it, I kinda like, I love the production, Lesley's voice, the lyrics, the vibes are really nice here. But it is very forgetable, and after few minutes I can't really remember it.

6/12 (I would give it 7, but beacuse I keep on forgetting about this song's existence, I will take 1 point, so 6 xqueenitch)

anto475

I've seen a lot of (mainly non-Irish) people say the song has traditional Irish elements, could anyone please explain why they think this is?

abenteuer

I've seen a lot of (mainly non-Irish) people say the song has traditional Irish elements, could anyone please explain why they think this is?
For me it "sounds Irish" due to the style of guitar strumming and overall propulsion in the song.

Looren

Veteran
Man man man what a performance...

She really surprised me, she'll be back on my top 10 tonight

Ali_

I enjoy the song but her voice really grates. In the parts where she's in a lower register she sounds much better but unfortunately most of Maps is higher and sounds strained. I just dont find it pleasant to listen to.

EscGeek

Veteran
This live acoustic version of "Gold" is so much better than the studio version.
She's the best version of herself when she's doing pop rock. :D

Shaney1995

I disagree. She sounds good and with the prerecorded track and a better mic it will sound much better. People say she's making faces and looks uncomfortable but that's just her. She will tone that down id imagine when stage directors step in. But her vocals were largely good. She just moved back and forth from the mic a bit too which made one or two parts sounds low

I rarely like our entries but this year I have hope she will be the wildcard people underestimated a lot
She's struggling so much with vocals... Jesus.. I wonder how it's gonna sound in May.

Carian

I should love this song as it perfectly fits my musical taste, but I don't know why this song makes me feel anxious when listening to it. The rhythm and her style of singing just give me that feeling like I should start running away from something, cuz something is about to get me. I know, it sounds paranoid, but that's the truth. I don't know what to do with this song.

Ianp16

I should love this song as it perfectly fits my musical taste, but I don't know why this song makes me feel anxious when listening to it. The rhythm and her style of singing just give me that feeling like I should start running away from something, cuz something is about to get me. I know, it sounds paranoid, but that's the truth. I don't know what to do with this song.
It's probably the wall of sound effect that the producers of the song have created. The instrumental is really loud and hectic. I know what you mean. Right now Lesley is coming to get you and hit you over the head with her guitar :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Carian

It's probably the wall of sound effect that the producers of the song have created. The instrumental is really loud and hectic. I know what you mean. Right now Lesley is coming to get you and hit you over the head with her guitar :LOL::LOL::LOL:
Well, as long as it is guitar, I am fine. I'd mind if she was trying to hit on me some other way... :cool: I think this is the song for my blue days.

Top Bottom