14 11.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

A-lister

Veteran
Cause if they keep going with jury friendly songs, sooner or later we will NQ cause after all, all these entries were borderline qualifiers with televoting.

And I personally don't mind it, but ERT's primary goal seems to be high viewership so if we don't qualify or get a low final placement it will be a problem for them.

So maybe they should start sending entries people like and not some random 6 people-group juries? That's the formula right there and it worked for Greece in the past and frankly I miss that Greece in Eurovision.

Realest

Some People forgot that Amanda was still 12th Place in the TV and Stefania 10th.

A-lister

Veteran
Some People forgot that Amanda was still 12th Place in the TV and Stefania 10th.

True that, people exaggerate a bit. But I think it all comes down to how a country historically managed, Greece was a top player before and isn't doing that great any longer (I mean if you're used to getting top 3's then surely barely touching the top. 10 might look as a "failure"), but frankly it was a top player when they sent more televoting friendly stuff. It is true that Amanda was pushed more by the juries than televotes, Stefania was even between the two however and I think was the type of entry that worked for both juries and televoters (but a messy staging and not having that extra oomph made it a good contender for top. 10 but not much higher).

lilka

Should we be scared already? :eek:

Mainshow

Veteran

Greece: Public and Jury Will Select Eurovision 2023 Entry​

“What we are thinking about is to make an open call for interest from the viewers, obviously I want to believe that those who are interested in Eurovision will participate. We are thinking of creating an expanded committee of citizens, who will come to the Radio House of Agia Paraskevi, wear headphones, listen to the nominated songs, vote and their vote will count just as much as the EBU’s now.”

All we will try to do is for this committee to have an age distribution. All generations should be represented – obviously younger generations more and older generations less. Next week, probably, we will make this invitation. The director of Corporate Communication, Mrs. Dora Chiraki, decided that no representative and employee of ERT will participate.

lilka

Too little Greek (should be whole in Greek), but it's wonderful!

Mainshow

Veteran

The Greek public broadcaster has announced that the 70 members of the public that will help to select the nation’s entry for Eurovision 2023 have been chosen. A draw was held from the 2,982 applications that the broadcaster received, with an array of ages drawn to be in the public jury. The breakdown of ages in the jury is:

• 25 members in the 18 – 24 category
  • 20 members in the 25 to 34 category
  • 15 members in the 35 to 44 category
  • 10 members in the 45+ category
The 70 members of the public jury for the Greek selection will meet on December 28, where they will listen to and assess all of the songs in the running to represent Greece in Eurovision 2023.

Nicholas123

Seems like i wasn't chosen, afterall. Haha. But efun reported that ERT received thousands of appplications, so the chances were slim anyway. :mrgreen:
Anyway, i am curious to know which artists will be in the shortlist. I hope we are gonna find out before the new year.

Mainshow

Veteran
Seems like i wasn't chosen, afterall. Haha. But efun reported that ERT received thousands of appplications, so the chances were slim anyway. :mrgreen:
Anyway, i am curious to know which artists will be in the shortlist. I hope we are gonna find out before the new year.
2,982 applications... That´s a lot! It´s great to read that people/fans were interested to be part of this!

Mainshow

Veteran
It´s a pity we won´t be hearing the 7 remaining songs but it´s quite exciting to learn that the "public jury panel" will make 50.6% to reflect the voting changes in Eurovision.

Nicholas123

It´s a pity we won´t be hearing the 7 remaining songs but it´s quite exciting to learn that the "public jury panel" will make 50.6% to reflect the voting changes in Eurovision.

I know, but this is due to the record labels intention to release the artists' songs when they feel it's the right time to do it. So, i cannot really blame ERT on this. Imagine that there are singers who have submitted their bid to ERT, yet they don't want their names to be disclosed. God knows why so musch mystery.

Mainshow

Veteran
I know, but this is due to the record labels intention to release the artists' songs when they feel it's the right time to do it. So, i cannot really blame ERT on this. Imagine that there are singers who have submitted their bid to ERT, yet they don't want their names to be disclosed. God knows why so musch mystery.
Thinking of record labels, I can totally understand why they follow that route...but as an avid Eurovision fan, I would love to get to know how a Greek National Final would sound like in the 2020´s.

Top Bottom