28 8.1%

13 3.8%

16 4.7%

8 2.3%

12 3.5%

40 11.6%

• Total voters

HabaHaba

Has anyone checked out Cascada's new song "The World Is In My Hands"? LOVE IT!

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
1360772529_jpeg-14849A00CA35BE51-20130213-img_40603926_2395833_1_dpa_Pxgen_r_Ax541.jpg

I'm just saying - Ben Ivory!

Ben Ivory's song was by far the best in the selection. It's such a shame he had sound problems when performing it.

They should have gone with Saint Lu I feel. The one thing my crystal ball correctly predicted this year was Germany finishing near the bottom after picking Cascada.. oh and Cezar reaching the finalxyes

HabaHaba

Doesn't anyone find it odd that the accusations against Cascada happen right after they won the national final? I mean "Glorious" was leaked in December last year and was officially released in January. There were no accusations against Cascada that they plagiarized Euphoria. However, those accusations didn't begin until AFTER Cascada won the national final. Why the hell would they wait almost two months to accuse them? The same also applies with "Only Teardrops" by Emmelie de Forest. The song itself was released in February, yet no plagiarism accusations were thrown at Denmark's entry until after they won. Why wait four months to accuse them? Why did Germany have to go through the backlash and not Denmark? WHAT A JOKE!

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Oh, I didn't know that. Missed the event. The Righteous Ones is a great song.
His postcard: Musik ist meine Sprache

It was so painful to hear after really getting behind him and the song. What made it even worse was that it wasn't his fault but the sound technicians apparently. He literally sang the whole thing in a different key. His song I think was one of the best this year in the whole contest. His postcard was great too. Hope he comes back next year.

alca

Doesn't anyone find it odd that the accusations against Cascada happen right after they won the national final? I mean "Glorious" was leaked in December last year and was officially released in January. There were no accusations against Cascada that they plagiarized Euphoria. However, those accusations didn't begin until AFTER Cascada won the national final. Why the hell would they wait almost two months to accuse them? The same also applies with "Only Teardrops" by Emmelie de Forest. The song itself was released in February, yet no plagiarism accusations were thrown at Denmark's entry until after they won. Why wait four months to accuse them? Why did Germany have to go through the backlash and not Denmark? WHAT A JOKE!

Some people just love drama. ;) Ignoring them is the best thing to do! That's what I do and rule no1: don't post the supposed "original" song and say "no way "Only Teardrops" sounds like this". You're just helping them spread the news. ;)

LalehForWD

It was so painful to hear after really getting behind him and the song. What made it even worse was that it wasn't his fault but the sound technicians apparently. He literally sang the whole thing in a different key. His song I think was one of the best this year in the whole contest. His postcard was great too. Hope he comes back next year.

Is there a link to see their performances again?

Milos-BC

I was one of the few people who predicted failure for this entry (originally), but then my opinion about the entry changed dramatically, and in generally quite weak ESC year, it is surprising that it managed to end that low :( I think that the performance was brilliant both vocally and visually. I also voted for :de: 2 times. I don't know what went wrong :(

Quite underrated. I am especially sad for Natalie.

Yamarus

Almost everything in that NF would've been better than Cascada :(. And I say that even though I love Cascada. But imagine BLITZKIDS!!! OMG that would have been EPIC!

LalehForWD

^^ Thank you very much.

Poor, poor Ben Ivory :( - not only is the backing track too low in his ear-things, it's mixed too low as well. Seems to me there's an unskilled sound technician somewhere. It simply doesn't help when he tries to increase the volume. All he can hear is himself singing and he is never really synched to the beat. At least this is what I believe. Too bad on such good track. He is definitely not a bad singer and probably not bad live either. Hope this performance will go away and not affect him.

GermanBango

BLITZKIDS mvt. were the best together with Cascada. But I'm still pleased that there was not a single crappy song in USFM so I really hope NDR keeps this format for next year (and please let it be Hannover again :D ) .... ok "Nackert" was really really bad for my taste but .... there seem to be people who like it :D

LalehForWD

I can't find any more live performances of Ben Ivory on Youtube. It would be interesting to see if this was just a bad night or he's just a bad performer. Apparently he didn't get the chance to prove himself again which kind of sucks.

hijirio

Veteran
USFM was deffs one of the best NF's of the year.
The best thing about it was Anke being the host. xlove

DanielLuis

Almost everything in that NF would've been better than Cascada :(. And I say that even though I love Cascada. But imagine BLITZKIDS!!! OMG that would have been EPIC!

Blitzkids Mvt. were truly amazing! I was addicted to that song for a while. Saint Lu and Betty Dittrich were pretty great to, even though Saint Lu's performance should have been better. I hope these 3 return soon. Overall, an extremely good NF. If they really go for a MF type show next year, they can easily surpass MF in quality.

Top Bottom