28 8.1%

13 3.8%

16 4.7%

8 2.3%

12 3.5%

40 11.6%

• Total voters

CC92

This NF is so overrated. :? Nothing special at all and a flop in terms of viewing figures and ESC results. I'm sure that if it had been the Moldovan NF no one would of given a damn about it...

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I can't find any more live performances of Ben Ivory on Youtube. It would be interesting to see if this was just a bad night or he's just a bad performer. Apparently he didn't get the chance to prove himself again which kind of sucks.

Heres a live performance in a corridor (at least I think it's live)..

I think it's safe to say the problems on the night of the national final weren't on his end and was the result of a bad sound technician as you said. He seems really good.

Musicosity

This NF is so overrated. :? Nothing special at all and a flop in terms of viewing figures and ESC results. I'm sure that if it had been the Moldovan NF no one would of given a damn about it...
I don't think viewing figures are a measure for how good a NF actually was. The ESC still isn't overly popular in Germany, despite the recent sucesses. Even in 2011 with Lena's win and return the ratings were in decline.

As for the result, if Natalie had been vocally as spot on in Malmö as in the NF, her ranking would have been better. Blitzkids was my pick too, much more interesting song than Glorious. But that night Natalie clearly outperformed them.

LalehForWD

Heres a live performance in a corridor (at least I think it's live)..

I think it's safe to say the problems on the night of the national final weren't on his end and was the result of a bad sound technician as you said. He seems really good.

Yes, I saw that video too. Record company negotiations in Stockholm 2011 as what he says. To be honest, he isn't spot on pitchwise here but that is just a matter of training really and I think he's got a really good voice. Reading his Facebook gives his album release is postponed to August and he will release a new single (and a video?) before this.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Yes, I saw that video too. Record company negotiations in Stockholm 2011 as what he says. To be honest, he isn't spot on pitchwise here but that is just a matter of training really and I think he's got a really good voice. Reading his Facebook gives his album release is postponed to August and he will release a new single (and a video?) before this.

Yes, he's got a lovely tone to his voice which I think really sets him apart. Parts of "Righteous Ones" reminded me of Pete Burns, his power and the punch the vocals have at least.

I read too that the album had been pushed back. However I saw it available to purchase on Amazon the other day. I just double checked to make sure I wasn't seeing thing and it's there. I might purchase it soon. I'm not really in the mood for electronic music at the moment though. I never am after Eurovision is over:lol:

LalehForWD

Yes, he's got a lovely tone to his voice which I think really sets him apart. Parts of "Righteous Ones" reminded me of Pete Burns, his power and the punch the vocals have at least.

I read too that the album had been pushed back. However I saw it available to purchase on Amazon the other day. I just double checked to make sure I wasn't seeing thing and it's there. I might purchase it soon. I'm not really in the mood for electronic music at the moment though. I never am after Eurovision is over:lol:

Isn't it like you can buy it, but it will not be delivered until release anyway. :D

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Isn't it like you can buy it, but it will not be delivered until release anyway. :D

No it's available i'm sure as it would have a "Not Available" next to the songs and a "Preorder" in place of the "Buy it". I would give it a try but i've bought 4 albums this week including Anouk's. I might pretend that it has been pushed back till August and buy it then. Theres a few albums coming out very soon (and ones that i've missed) that I want more:lol:

Edit: Oh sorry I forgot to mention i'm also talking about the digital copy of the album. That's out on Amazon. I'm not sure about the physical copy though.

HabaHaba

Does anyone know if the studio version that Cascada performed in Malmo is available anywhere?

LalehForWD

No it's available i'm sure as it would have a "Not Available" next to the songs and a "Preorder" in place of the "Buy it". I would give it a try but i've bought 4 albums this week including Anouk's. I might pretend that it has been pushed back till August and buy it then. Theres a few albums coming out very soon (and ones that i've missed) that I want more:lol:

Edit: Oh sorry I forgot to mention i'm also talking about the digital copy of the album. That's out on Amazon. I'm not sure about the physical copy though.

OK, I guess there is nothing wrong with doing it like that. The album seems to have been finalised for some time already. And yes, I'm a bit surprised you were into him in the first place given the taste you shown so far, :D so obviously there are more hot stuff for you elsewhere. ;)

HabaHaba

Does anyone know if the studio version that Cascada performed in Malmo is available anywhere?

HabaHaba

I think all those rehearsals and live performances took a toll on her voice in the end. I mean Natalie is a talented singer, but after she had the surgery on her vocal cords... it's weakened her a bit. You can hear it in the end when she says "Thank you". Poor, Natalie :(

Top Bottom