Contact us

FSC Promotions Thread

:se: FSC#148 - June 2021 :se:

Nira K
Mitt i juni

szY35fh.jpg

PRESENTATION:

For this edition, we are going for yet another Swedish language entry and sending the artist Nira K with the song Mitt i juni (In The Middle Of June). Mitt i juni is a dreamy synth-pop song with heavy influences of Swedish music flavors. The song was written in 2018 when Sweden was experiencing an exhausting heatwave and fires nationwide were reported. “Mitt i juni, Sverige står i brand” is a metaphor for maintaining a loving relationship despite the world is on fire and the struggles it bears.

Nira K debuted with her single Du har fel which also was a hit on Spotify there the song reached the viral top 50 in Sweden. Throughout Nira’s career, she has been on minor concert tours in Sweden, and her music is solely made for a niche audience within the Swedish music market. Nira has never enjoyed mainstream success and her career was on hiatus for a few years until a new wave of singles was released in 2020 like Kontroll and of course Mitt i juni. Ever since, curious music buffs have discovered Nira K’s discography and a loyal following is on the rise.

LYRICS:

LYRICS [ENGLISH TRANSLATION]:

Last edited:

Datura

The Austrian Entry :at: for FSC 148 Klangkarussell "Home" now has an official video aswell xlove

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - July 2021 - Adelén - Obsessed

vYc9Jkl.jpg

Representing Norway in FSC July 2021 is a new Artist for Norway in FSC, the popular Norwegian-Spanish singer Adelén known from MGP and other pop-releases the past years. Here is some more information about her.

Adelén Rusillo Steen (born 1996 in Tønsberg, Norway), known professionally as Adelén, is a Norwegian-Spanish singer. Born to a Spanish mother and Norwegian father she was raised in the smal town of Horten in south-eastern Norway.

She came to the Norwegian public’s attention when she participated in the Norwegian MGP (national selection for ESC) in Oslo in 2013 with the Spanish-influenced song "Bombo". It came second in the national final but became very popular and a big hit in Norway going straight to number 2 on the Norwegian iTunes chart. It also appeared in the official Norwegian Singles Chart. The song also won the OGAE Second Chance Contest 2013, becoming Norway's third win, and first since 1993. It also won the 2013 Eurodanceweb Award with the highest score ever achieved in the history of the Award (284 points).

In the following years she tried to build a career in music, releasing several songs like "Baila Conmigo" and the very popular "Olé", recorded for the 2014 FIFA World Cup's album “One Love, One Rhythm - The 2014 FIFA World Cup Official Album”, which went straight to number 1 on the Norwegian iTunes chart. Other singles in the years that followed were "Spell On Me", "Wild Like Me", "Go Home" and "Big Bad Bitter".

In 2018 she signed with Sony Music Norway and released "What's Next", which features an ode to her partial Spanish roots. A Reggaeton-collaboration featuring Colombian duo Kapla y Miky called "Beat" and the catchy Latin beat-influenced "Somewhere We Can Talk" followed in 2019.

After this she took a break from the music business but returned in 2021 with several new singles. "Jaded" was followed by "Safety Light", and finally the catchy and melodic Scandipop Summer-bop single "Obssesed" released in June 2021. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC July 2021.

Adelén is a popular pop-singer with talent and energy from whom we will without doubt hear more in the years to come.

The Norwegian entry for FSC #149 July 2021, called “Obsessed”, is a catchy melodic Scandipop song and Summer-bop co-written by Adelén herself and performed by her, a great choice for the hot dancefloors this Summer. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Adelén in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for July 2021!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Adelén - Obsessed

See stardust in my bed
Oh my eyes keep rolling back
Angels singing like.. ohhh

Always preferred doing all alone just by myself
So chilled, enjoyed the Summers in my head
Life’s a threat and you’re serious cause I’m all for fight
I couldn’t lose but I didn’t have in the first place

I used to leave them all unread
Lucky numbers here and now and then
But you made it look so damn easy

I can’t get you out of my my head
I don’t shout anymore, what’s happening now
I’ve never been so close today

I am borderline so obsessed
Hmm Hmm

Sweetheart, dirty mind, so rare to find
I am hypnotized, mesmerized
Zip zip, read my lips, you shot me down
I am hypnotized, mesmerized

But you made it look so damn easy

Hmm Hmm

See stardust in my bed

Hmm Hmm
But you made it look sooo

Hmm Hmm

See stardust in my bed

Hmm Hmm

Hmm Hmm

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

kzmxgirl

FSC MEXICO JULY 2021

Flag-Mexico.jpg

Lupillo-Rivera-Aleman-Snoop-Dogg-y-Santa-Fe-Klan-en-las-Grandes-Ligas.jpg

Lupillo Rivera, Alemán, Santa Fe Klan, B-Real, Snoop Dogg – Grandes Ligas

GRAMMY Award-winning Regional Mexican singer/songwriter Lupillo Rivera has assembled a cross-cultural All-Star Team comprised of Snoop Dogg, Cypress Hill’s B-Real, and Mexican emcees Alemán and Santa Fe Klan. The genre-bending single, produced by Z Records and Prajin Parlay CEO George Prajin, unites music fans across generations, cultures, and regions for a bilingual soundtrack of accomplishment and innovation of two worlds colliding. The video was shot in both Mexico and Los Angeles and features the five power players showcasing various aspects of their lifestyles. The West Coast pioneers’ prominence in their respective genres and the rookies’ dominance in their field showcase just how worthy they have become to don the uniform and earn a position in the “Grandes Ligas.”

Lupillo Rivera is described as “one of the most influential artists in the Regional Mexican genre” — with a career spanning over two decades, countless chart-topping singles and albums, a GRAMMY Award win for his 2009 album release Tu Esclavo y Amo, and several more nominations. While B-Real earned his title as one of the architects of West Coast hip-hop with over 20 million albums sold worldwide, as well as an innovator in Latin rap with the release of Cypress Hill’s certified Platinum album ‘Los Grandes Éxitos En Español.’ He has previously collaborated with Alemán on the song titled “Vision” that appeared on his joint project ‘Los Meros’ with fellow West Coast rapper Berner. Snoop Dogg is also regarded as a pioneer of the West Coast rap scene in the 90s and has gone on to release 18 studio albums, selling over 35 million albums worldwide, and has crossed over into acting. He had also previously collaborated with Alemán on “Mi Tio Snoop” which has accumulated over 60 million views on YouTube. A little-known fact is that Lupillo and Snoop both attended Long Beach Poly High School together and were even in the same class.

With their turn at bat, the song is also the first time the young Mexican standouts Alemán and Santa Fe Klan collaborate on a track together. Alemán has been releasing music for about half a decade now and has amassed a huge fan base across Latin America. He is regarded as one of the best Spanish-language rappers and has become a rap phenomenon in Mexico. His colleague Santa Fe Klan is younger in age, but his stats are equally as impressive. He has toured throughout Latin America and his musical offerings are currently at hundreds of millions of streams and growing each day.

“Grandes Ligas” serves as a centerpiece of a cultural movement that has seen a growth spike in recent years of Regional Mexican acts collaborating with American rappers. This is a musical trend that will only continue to grow as it is deeply rooted in the cultural context of Los Angeles’ bicultural musical landscape and population.

“It was important that this song be done with 90s West Coast-style production because it is a timeless record with some heavy hitters that are legends in their respective genres — this is the big leagues. From the moment I came up with the idea for the collab I was set on it embodying the golden era of West Coast rap,” explains George Prajin. “Alemán and Santa Fe Klan shine on the record alongside Lupillo, Snoop, and B-Real. My team and I are working on an EP with some more top-level artists, and we are all excited about what’s to come.”

OFFICIAL VIDEO CLIP

Good luck to all entries!

heke1988

FSC 149 JULY

:fi: :fi: Erika Vikman and Arttu Wiskari - Tääl on niin kuuma (It's So Hot in Here):fi::fi:

Erika Vikman and Arttu Wiskari

Kesakumiartistit_2021_vaaka-1-1024x683.jpg
Tääl on niin kuuma (It's So Hot in Here) is a song singed by duo Erika Vikman (got second place in UMK 2020) and Arttu Wiskari (Singer and song writer) in 2021. They song "Tääl on niin kuuma" is kesäkuumibiisi ("Summer rubber song). It tells about one night relationship and sex between each other in Motel room. Kesäkumi is branded by Yle for young people to aim at advance sexually transmitted diseases such as inform for using condoms during sex.

Lyrics in Finnish:

Tääl on niin kuuma

[Verse 1: Erika, Arttu]
Motelli, pieni ja nuhjuinen
Vain me kaksi eksynyttä tiskillä vierekkäin
Mitä juot, tarjootko mullekin?
Auton rikki mentyy tänne jumiin yöksi jäin

[Pre-Chorus: Erika & Arttu]
Motellin käytävä kumisi trumpetin sointia
Huoneessas mietin "O-ou, tääl ei oo ilmastointia"

[Chorus: Erika & Arttu]
Mä pyydän anteeks, tääl on niin kuuma
On pakko luopuu vaatteista ja tulla
Sun lakanoihin sellaisena kun Luoja
Mut tarkoitti, kelpaanhan sulle näin?
Mä pyydän anteeks, tää hetken huuma
Vie voiton periaatteista, ei sulla
Ois tequilaa ja sitruunaa?
Sadesuoja myös tarvitaan jos ollaan lähekkäin

[Verse 2: Erika, Arttu]
Propelli pyörii niin huojuen
Kattoon tuijotamme hiljaa raukeina vierekkäin
Hymyn suot, käy itse kullekkin
Aamuun poistut katsomatta koskaan taaksepäin

Enää ois minuutti jäljellä pienestä jäähystä
Kiristää täytyisi ruuveja vaan sängynpäädystä

Mä pyydän anteeks, tääl on niin kuuma
On pakko luopuu vaatteista ja tulla
Sun lakanoihin sellaisena kun Luoja
Mut tarkoitti, kelpaanhan sulle näin?
Mä pyydän anteeks, tää hetken huuma
Vie voiton periaatteista, ei sulla
Ois tequilaa ja sitruunaa?
Kesäkumi myös tarvitaan jos ollaan lähekkäin

[Outro]
Tääl on niin kuuma
Sä oot niin kuuma
Tääl on niin kuuma
Sä oot niin kuuma

Lyrics in English:

[Verse 1: Erika, Arttu]
Motel, small and shabby
Just the two of us lost on the counter side by side
What are you drinking, will you offer me one?
Since the car broke down I'm stuck here for the night

The motel hallway boomed with the sound of a trumpet
In your room I thought "Uh-oh, there's no air conditioning here"

I apologize, it's so hot in here
I have to take off my clothes and come
To your sheets the way God
Made me, I hope I'm good enough for you like this
I apologize, this heat of the moment
Gets the best of my principles, you wouldn't
Happen to have tequila and lemon?
We also need a raincoat if we're going to be close to each other

[Verse 2: Erika, Arttu]
The propeller is spinning so shakily
Quiet, we stare at the ceiling drowsily side by side
You give a smile, it happens to us all
You leave into the morning without ever looking back

There's only a minute remaining of the little cooling break
The screws at the end of the bed would just need to be tightened

I apologize, it's so hot in here
I have to take off my clothes and come
To your sheets the way God
Made me, I hope I'm good enough for you like this
I apologize, this heat of the moment
Gets the best of my principles, you wouldn't
Happen to have tequila and lemon?
We also need a rubber if we're going to be close to each other

[Outro]
It's so hot in here
You're so hot
It's so hot in here
You're so hot

hawadharma

:my:
FSCJULY2021
MALAYSIA

images

mishella.png

serat-ultra.png

Dolla was formed in August 2019 through an audition; members Angel, Sabronzo, Tabby, and Syasya did not know each other before auditioning. The criteria the group’s management set out was to recruit talented singers and dancers.

They caught the attention of the audience when they performed energetically at the #RapstarEra Final at The Bee Republika.
On 20 March 2020, they released their debut single "Dolla Make You Wanna", produced by Australian composer and producer Bryan B, and composed by Zamaera, Bryan B, Shou Raion, and Luca Sickta.

Dolla is also one of the seventeen artists who collaborated with Universal Music Malaysia to produce the song "#jangankeluar", a hip hop song by Yonnyboii, which serves as a reminder to Malaysian society to fight against the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic which emerged in 2020.

The group, along with their fellow artists from Southeast Asia, collaborated in a song titled "HEAL" produced by Star Music, a wholly owned subsidiary of ABS-CBN Corporation. Released on September 11, 2020, participated artists like Shalma Eliana, Rini Wulandari, and Filipino singers Kyla and KZ Tandingan have performed.

Dolla announced their latest single released in October 2020 titled "Impikan" and its English version, "Watch Me Glow".

OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO xmusic

xlove MALAY VERSION - "IMPIKAN"

LYRICS xpolice
I don't know when it started
Now I know what you wanted
You ain't got nowhere to hide yeah
Say you're sorry, you're sorry
All your words mean nothing
You got caught now you're out of time, yeah

You had me going but I'm moving on
Curtain is closing now please move along
Oh na na na
Now move along
You had me going but what did you think
You blew your chance but I'm letting you sink
Oh na na na
Now listen to me

Bridge:
You really thought you could get away
But boy the truth is
Nothing more than a liar
Boy you started the fire
Now you come crawling back honey, I'm not falling for it
I am better without ya

Chorus:
Just watch me glow
Watch me
Just watch me glow
Watch me
Just watch me glow

Watch me glow baby brighter than the sunlight
Wish upon the star when you got it, you didn't act right
Now you thinking twice, acting nice when you feel like
I ain't got time, got me shining in the limelight
I get it like that

I ain't no fool, trying to play me like that
You know I could replace you anytime I want to
Like I got my girls and we glowing, come through
You had me going but what did you think
You blew your chance but I'm letting you sink
Oh na na na
Now listen to me

(repeat bridge)
(repeat chorus)

I'm better without, now I'm feelin'
I'm feelin alive
I'm better without, 'cause what you did
It pushed me down
I'm better without, hope you're losing
You're losing your mind
I'm better without, now you watch me
You watch me glow
You really thought you could get away
But boy the truth is
Nothing more than a liar
Boy you started a fire
Now you come crawling back honey I'm not falling for it
I am better without ya

Just watch me glow
Oh oh, just watch me glow
Na na na na na na
Just watch me glow
Watch me
Just watch me glow
Just watch me glow

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member
:dk: The Danish entry this month is meant as a tribute to the Danish national football team :dk:

So I’ve decided to tell about their team spirit and achievements rather than their vocal abilities:

:dk: was thrilled! For the first time in history, some matches were played on Danish soil in Copenhagen. And all Danish matches in the group stages!

So it was just pure euphoria in Denmark when the team appeared in Parken for the first match against :fi:

Then suddenly everything changed at the end of the first half when Christian Eriksen, our top player, fell to the ground with a heart failure!
At that point football meant nothing. UEFA forced the Danish team to choose between playing the rest of the game that night or play it the next morning after what would undoubtedly be a sleepless night because of the worry, so they decided to get it over with and eventually lost the game 0-1.

Happily Christian Eriksen survived and Denmark played a marvelous first half against Belgium, though eventually losing the game.

_118931084_index.png

Christian Eriksen being alright after his heart failure

So to progress they had to beat :ru: by quite a margin in their last group stage game, and so they did! 4-1!

Meeting :wale: in the first knockout match was a similar story with Denmark winning 4-0.

Tonight, even without the biggest profile on the Danish team, :dk: played their way to the semi finals with an impressive win over :cz:

Now either :en: or :ua: awaits on Wembley on Wednesday !

I think such a performance deserves a tribute song in FSC! xlove

Journalist

:dk: The Danish entry this month is meant as a tribute to the Danish national football team :dk:

So I’ve decided to tell about their team spirit and achievements rather than their vocal abilities:

:dk: was thrilled! For the first time in history, some matches were played on Danish soil in Copenhagen. And all Danish matches in the group stages!

So it was just pure euphoria in Denmark when the team appeared in Parken for the first match against :fi:

Then suddenly everything changed at the end of the first half when Christian Eriksen, our top player, fell to the ground with a heart failure!
At that point football meant nothing. UEFA forced the Danish team to choose between playing the rest of the game that night or play it the next morning after what would undoubtedly be a sleepless night because of the worry, so they decided to get it over with and eventually lost the game 0-1.

Happily Christian Eriksen survived and Denmark played a marvelous first half against Belgium, though eventually losing the game.

_118931084_index.png

Christian Eriksen being alright after his heart failure

So to progress they had to beat :ru: by quite a margin in their last group stage game, and so they did! 4-1!

Meeting :wale: in the first knockout match was a similar story with Denmark winning 4-0.

Tonight, even without the biggest profile on the Danish team, :dk: played their way to the semi finals with an impressive win over :cz:

Now either :en: or :ua: awaits on Wembley on Wednesday !

I think such a performance deserves a tribute song in FSC! xlove

Well done! Many congrats to Denmark as well! xheart

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member
Well done! Many congrats to Denmark as well! xheart
Thank you so so much! :D

I tried to watch the analysis on telly after the match, but I simply can't hear anything for all of the cars hooting outside and people shouting louder and happier than I ever thought Danes would be capable of ! xshock

Journalist

Thank you so so much! :D

I tried to watch the analysis on telly after the match, but I simply can't hear anything for all of the cars hooting outside and people shouting louder and happier than I ever thought Danes would be capable of ! xshock

In my opinion, Denmark totally deserved to be in the semi-final! I'm glad that they achieved such a good result and showed pure strength in this EURO! xheart
❤ for Eriksen and whole Danish team!

A-lister

Veteran
FSC#149 - July 2021

:se:SWEDEN :se:

Gozzina

Håll om mig

5yRvn1F.jpg

PRESENTATION:

For this edition, Sweden is sending the catchy uptempo track Håll om mig (Hold Me), performed by the music project Gozzina. The entry is a catchy and lighthearted Pop track which includes elements of both Country-Pop and Swedish Schlager-Pop and is a perfect fit for any summer party out there!

Gozzina consists of producer and songwriter Rasmus Gozzi and singer Annie Forsberg. Usually Gozzi is known for releasing novelty/joke songs with a light vulgar context, and while this entry is also meant to be nothing more than simply a catchy lighthearted Pop song, it doesn't include the novelty factor that tends to be Gozzi's signature and thus has a more universal and wider approach.

LYRICS:

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - August 2021 - K-391 ft. RØRY - Aurora (Remix)

xgIut4q.jpg

Representing Norway in FSC August 2021 is the popular Norwegian DJ & EDM-artist/producer K-391 who returns to FSC for Norway after a long absence. This time his EDM-song has the singer RØRY on vocals. Here is some more information about them.

K-391 is a Norwegian DJ & EDM-artist/producer called Kenneth Nilsen. He is 26 years old and very secretive, there is little personal information about him. He created the K-391 music project and often uses a ‘headset’ as a figure or logo which is meant to ‘conceptualize’ himself. He has made music for many years, his songs have been played millions of times on YouTube and he has a large following in the EDM-community.

However, his official debut-single was the EDM-song “Ignite”, presented together with Alan Walker, a fellow famous EDM-artist/producer from Norway, and with Julie Bergan & Seungri on vocals. It was released in May 2018 and was the Norwegian entry in FSC July 2018.

K-391 also collaborated on the popular song “Lily” which was by Alan Walker with vocals by Emelie Hollow. It was released in December 2018 and was the Norwegian entry in FSC December 2019.

In October 2020 he released a new EDM-song called “Aurora” with the singer RØRY on vocals and the song became very popular on the internet. It was subsequently Remixed in several versions and one of these Remixed versions was posted on Youtube in November 2020. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC August 2021.

Roxanne Emery, known also by her stage name RØRY, is a British singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist and producer. London-based, she is the sister of the DJ and producer Gareth Emery. Her music has been featured in episodes of several popular tv-shows, incl. ‘Cougar Town’, ‘Awkward’, and ‘Keeping Up with the Kardashians’. She also runs her own record label called Late Records, which manages other independent artists. In 2020 she collaborated with Norwegian DJ & EDM-artist/producer K-391 on his song “Aurora” singing the vocals.

K-391 is a talented and successful Norwegian DJ & EDM-artist/producer from whom we will without doubt hear more in the years to come.

The Norwegian entry for FSC #150 August 2021, called “Aurora (Remix)”, is a melodic EDM-song by Norwegian DJ & EDM-artist/producer K-391 with RØRY on vocals. It is a tribute to Aurora Borealis, the Northern Lights that are often seen in northern Norway. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter K-391 again in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for August 2021!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

K-391 ft. RØRY - Aurora (Remix)

I've been looking through my memories
I've been try’na see your face
But you're moving like a mystery
And you look the other way

If you found me in the pouring rain
Would you let me in
Would you look into your memories
Tell me where you've been

When the sun is going down
I feel you coming closer
Counting in the dark, I feel at home

I see you light up the sky
A dance in the night, Aurora
I see the stars in your eyes
Believe in your lies, Aurora

Mine for a moment and then you're gone
And I'm still holding on
To a light in the sky

Feeling almost like a secret
Hidden in an emerald sea
And I'm drowning in your green eyes
Got that power over me

If I told you how I really feel
Would you let me in
Would you tell me all your secrets
Tell me where you've been

When the sun is going down
I feel you coming closer
Counting in the dark, I feel at home

And I'm still holding on
To a light in the sky

And I'm still holding on
To a light in the sky

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

kzmxgirl

MEXICO AUGUST 2021

800px-Flag_of_Mexico_1917.png

Matisse - De pies a cabeza

matisse_mx_73546044_112294113390577_7922410909297611793_n.jpg

Matisse is a Mexican musical group consisting of Pablo Preciado (born April 11, 1988 in Hermosillo, Sonora), Román Torres (born July 2, 1987, in Mexicali, Baja California), and Melissa Robles (born December 21, 1989, in Mexicali, Baja California).

Pablo y Román first met when they were studying music together in Guadalajara. When they moved to Mexico City, they became friends and started writing songs together. Pablo presented some of these songs to Paul Forat, vice president of Sony Music México, who circulated them, leading to artists like Carlos Rivera, Alejandra Guzmán y Cristian Castro recording some of them. It was then that Pablo introduced Román, co-author of some of the songs, to Paul, and from then on they began to work together.

The name Matisse was chosen after Pablo and Román saw a painting by Henri Matisse in Leonel García's recording studio. Later, Melissa joined the group. She had become famous when she uploaded to YouTube a video of her singing “Fascinación” by Carlos Rivera, who helped her sign with Sony.

2014-2016: Sube
Matisse released their first single, called "La misma luna", in August 2014. That same year, they were featured in the song "Sé que te vas" by the American duo Ha*Ash.

In 2015, Matisse released their debut album Sube, which included a new version of "La Misma Luna". Later that year, they were nominated as "Artista Revelación" (Breakthrough Artist) in the Latin Grammy Awards. In 2016, they were invited to sing at the Palacio de los Deportes during Ha*Ash's concert.

2017-present: Por tu bien
In 2017, Matisse released their second album, entitled Por tu bien. Before releasing the album, they released a single, called "Todavía", along with a music video. That year, they sang at Sony Music México's event UpFront, along with Ha*Ash y Carlos Rivera.

In 2018, they released another single, Acuérdate de mí, and the titular song from Por tu bien as their third single. That same year, they opened at Mexican band Reik's concerts in the United States and shared the stage with them during some events in Mexico. On April 9, 2019, Matisse released their single "Eres tú", featuring Reik. In the middle of the year, they released their urban rhythm single "Primer avión", featuring Colombian singer Camilo.

Members
Román Torres was born July 2, 1987 in Mexicali, Baja California. He is a singer and guitarist.
Pablo Preciado was born April 11, 1988 in Hermosillo, Sonora. He is a singer and plays the guitar and piano.
Melissa Robles was born December 21, 1989 in Mexicali, Baja California. She studied marketing before becoming a singer. She also plays the ukulele.

hawadharma

FSC AUGUST 2021
MALAYSIA

𝔑𝔞𝔦𝔪 𝔇𝔞𝔫𝔦𝔢𝔩
"𝔓𝔲𝔯𝔫𝔞𝔪𝔞"

Purnama%2BCA-1.jpg

Naim Daniel started as a child actor, and has won awards for acting in several TV dramas and movies.
His most memorable character is as mentally challenged Budi in the series "Pia".
He then ventured into singing cover songs, and composing his own songs, with hits like "Sempurna", "Sumpah" and "Sembah".
He went on to win the Anugerah Juara Lagu 2019 with his song "Sumpah", which is his debut on AJL stage.

In his latest single "Purnama", he merged his passion for acting, singing and songwriting.
The original music video does not pass Malaysian censorship (for portraying cross dressing), nevertheless the official music video is not disappointing at all.

OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO

LYRICS (WITH ENGLISH TRANSLATION)

"PURNAMA" | FULL MOON

Tak terungkap kata | Words can't describe,
Menyedari masa | How much time passes,
Ke mana perginya dia? | Where has she gone?
Jika ditakdirkan, begini rasanya | If this feeling is fated,
Terpaksa aku terima | I have to accept it.

Gantikanlah jika ini yang terbaik buatku | Replace me if it's the best for you,
Ku relakan ikhlasnya | I am willing with all my sincerity.

Chorus:

Ku rindukan purnama ku | I miss my full moon,
Doaku kan bersamamu | My prayers always with you,
Semoga hatimu kan kekal abadi, terhadap diriku | May your heart be eternally mine,
Tuhanku mohon jaga, dia tanpa ada noktah | God, please take care of her endlessly,
Tuhanku mohon kuatkan hatinya | God, I beg of You, strengthen her heart,
Selamanya, aku perlu dia | Forever, I'll need her.

Ku rindu purnama ku | I miss my full moon,
Dan ku masih begitu | And I'm still that way,
Andai ini takdirnya | If this is the fate,
Tuhanku mohon padamu, kuatkanlah hatinya | God, please help me keep her heart strong..

(repeat chorus)​

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
FSC#150 - August 2021

:se:SWEDEN :se:

Myra Granberg

HKF (Håll käften & försvinn)

fMtcYsH.jpg

PRESENTATION:

Sweden is kicking off this August with the catchy and contemporary Electronic Dance-Pop entry HKF (Håll käften & försvinn) (SUGL - Shut Up & Get Lost), performed by 27-year old singer-songwriter Myra Granberg. The lyrically quirky uptempo track incorporates elements of both Swedish Indie-Pop and Tropical house.

Starting out as a songwriter, Granberg debuted as a solo artist under her own name in 2018 with the single Tills mitt hjärta går under (Until My Heart Goes Under), however it wasn't until a year later in 2019, after signing with Sony Music, that the song really took off and it would eventually peak within the top. 10 on the official Swedish Singles Chart in early 2020. Granberg also released her debut EP Bara hälften kvar (Only the Half Left) in 2020 and has since achieved success on Swedish radio as well as receiving nominations for the Swedish Grammy Awards including "newcomer of the year". This summer, Granberg also achieved her first top. 3 charting position with the single Lose my mind.

Apart from her career with Swedish language Pop and general songwriting, Granberg is also having a side project under the pseudonym Lvly, under which she releases Electronic Pop music for Epidemic Sound with songs like Red Lights among others.

LYRICS:

Last edited:

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - September 2021 - Kalandra - Borders

hyM5Lgc.jpg

Representing Norway in FSC September 2021 is a New Artist for Norway in FSC, the talented Norwegian Alternative Folk-rock band Kalandra. Here is some more information about them.

Kalandra is a Norwegian Alternative Folk-rock band consisting of the members Katrine Stenbekk, Jogeir Daae Mæland, Oskar Johnsen Rydh and Florian Bernhard Winter. The band was created 9 years ago, was based in England for a while, and they have toured both in Norway and internationally over the years. They have been warm-up band for familiar bands such as Wardruna and Gåte in Norway. They have several million views on Youtube but have only recently, in October 2020, released their debut album called “The Line”.

The band name comes from the Calandra Lark, a bird known for its beautiful song. Their sound is a blend of Alternative Folk-rock and Alternative Pop where they weave ethereal melodies into raw and eerie musical landscapes. This can be heard on their debut album which they worked on for several years before the release. In interviews they have mentioned that their songs describe feelings of wonder, anger, longing and accept as one’s life unfolds.

They were a 7-piece band at the start of their career but then some members chose other paths and only 3 members were left. This made them experiment with their sound and focus on becoming good songwriters. Trial and errors followed and they decided in the end to open their own recording studio where they could have complete creative control. A 4th members joined the band and they released an EP in 2017. They continued creating music for a future album which was as finally mentioned released in October 2020.

One of the new songs on their October 2020-album was the Alternative Folk-rock ballad “Borders” which was a hauntingly beautiful hymn to the ocean and the natural elements. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC September 2021.

Kalandra is a talented Norwegian Alternative Folk-rock band and there is little doubt that we will hear more from them in the years to come.

The Norwegian entry for FSC #151 September 2021, called “Borders”, written by the band’s vocalist Katrine Stenbekk, is a powerful and hauntingly beautiful song and Alternative Nordic Folk-rock ballad. A hymn to the ocean and the natural elements, it reflects the vulnerability one feels coming face to face with the massive forces that move the world. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Kalandra in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for September 2021!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Kalandra - Borders

On the borders of safety
That's where I find peace
Where the black sand
Meets the raging seas

I see the forces
For what they truly are
Yet I'm reminded
Of my beating heart

Ohh..

Among the lonely rocks
Is where I lay my head
I hear the ocean calling
"Come with me instead"

She sings me songs
Of ungrateful souls
Who once thought Gods
Could bring them home

On the borders of safety
That's where I find peace
Where the black sand
Meets the raging seas

I see the forces
For what they truly are
Yet I'm reminded
Of my beating heart

Ohh..

And I could swear
That the ocean sings and the mountains talk to me
I could swear
That I hear her breath and her heartbeat in the air

I could swear
I could swear

On the edge of comfort
That's where I find love
And the ocean
Already knows

But she can't love you
Like you love her
There's no mercy
From Mother Earth

Ohh..

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

heke1988

FSC 151 September

:fi: :fi:Chisu - Mysteeri (Mystery):fi::fi:

Chisu

chisukansi.jpg

Mysteeri (Mystery) is singed by Chisu (Christel Martina Roosberg). Song tells about expedition to self through other. According to Chisu "The mystery in another person is ultimately a mystery in ourselves that we reflect on in others that we want to bring to light and possibly solve". Mysteeri is sensitive and hazy electronic pop-song.

Chisu was born in Helsinki in 1982. She has been active since 2007 and is one of the famous female pop-artists in Finland. Chisu has won many of Emma Gala awards, such as year's female vocalist in 2012. She has many successfull songs, such as Sabotage, Baden-Baden, Mun koti ei ole täällä and Ihana.

Lyrics in Finnish:

Mysteeri

[Verse 1]
Menee päivä menee yö
Menee vuosii silti sulle yhä sydän lyö
En kai koskaan voi sua unohtaa
Kadut täynnä ihmisii
Arvoituksii mutten niihin koskaan jää niin kii
Niinku jään sun äärelle mä aina

[Chorus]
Sä oot mulle se mysteeri
Jota ratkon, koukuttava palapeli
Kulta kerro vielä
Kuka sä oot siellä?
Minne muilla ei pääsyy oo
Se joka vasta seinän takan hajoo
Kulta kerro vielä
Kuka sä oot siellä?

[Verse 2]
Vedät niinku magneetti
Mua puoleen ihan kaiken annan anteeksi
En kai koskaan voi sua ohittaa
Kun nään sut henki pysähtyy
Nostaa sormen sua kohti
Kääntyy ja kysyy
Mitä täytyy valoon vielä nostaa?

[Chorus]
Sä oot mulle se mysteeri
Loputon seikkailu, villi valtameri
Kulta kerro vielä
Kuka sä oot siellä?
Missä muut ei koskaan käyny oo
Missä sun rajat ei lopu sun ihoon
Kulta kerro vielä
Kuka sä oot siellä?

[Bridge]
Kun nään sut henki pysähtyy
Nostaa sormen sua kohti
Kääntyy ja kysyy
Mikä on se syy, mikä on se syy?
Mitä susta etin?
Sе kysyy

[Chorus]
Miks sä oot mulle se mysteeri
Johon eksyn, käytän kaikki avaimеni?
Kulta kerro vielä
Kuka sä oot siellä?
Minne muut ei sun mukaan tuu
Minne sä meet kun liikaa suhun sattuu
Kulta kerro vielä
Kuka sä oot siellä?

Lyrics in English:

Mystery

[Verse 1]
A day goes by, a night goes by
A year goes by but still my heart beats for you
I guess I can never forget you
The streets are full of people, mysteries
But they never make me linger
Like you always do

[Chorus]
You're the mystery to me
That I try to solve, an addicting puzzle
Dear, tell me one more time who you are over there
Where no one else is granted entrance
The one who only breaks down behind closed doors

[Verse 2]
You pull me towards yourself like a magnet
I forgive you for everything
I guess I can never sidestep you
When I see you my breathing stops
It lifts a finger to you, turns around and asks
What do I still have to bring to light

[Chorus]
You're that mystery to me
An endless adventure, a wild ocean
Where no one else has ever been to
Where your limits don't end at your skin

[Bridge]
When I see you my breathing stops
It lifts a finger to you
Turns around and asks
What is the reason
What is the reason
That I look for in you
It asks

[Chorus]
Why are you that mystery to me
Where I lose myself, use up all of my keys
Where no one else accompanies you
Where you go when you're hurting too much

hawadharma

FSC SEPTEMBER 2021
MALAYSIA

misha%2Bomar.png

Misha Omar is one of the best ballad songstress. Although she was only runner up of Bintang RTM in 2001, a golden opportunity to work with prolific composer Adnan Abu Hassan has catapulted her fame. Her debut single, Bunga-Bunga Cinta topped all Malaysian charts and earned her the championship of AJL 2003.

Her other singles include Pulangkan, Ku Seru, Nafas Cahaya, Cinta Adam dan Hawa, Dedebu Cinta, Riwayat Cinta, and Sampai Bila (FSC January 2020 / 3rd place in AJL 2019). One of her best ballad songs, Angin Syurga, was controversially disqualified from AJL 2012 due to involvement of the songs' lyricists in left wing politics, though the broadcaster (Media Prima) denied that was the case (It could have been her second win if the song proceed to the finals).

Her latest single, Tanpa Rela, is the first song composed and penned by Misha Omar herself. It is an emotional song about a woman trapped in an abusive love unwillingly, and has proven that Misha Omar is an all rounder artiste. She is also active in social media (Instagram & Youtube), covering songs and giving short vocal lessons.

OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO

LIVE VERSION

LYRICS (ENGLISH TRANSLATION)

The moment you left me and my love
My heart is abandoned, adrift, unconsoled
Everything happens as you desire
Erasing my heart and gifted me with silence

Chorus:
My love, I never expected
Your ego numbed my senses
The love I worshipped, destroyed by your lies
How dare you end this and chose her
Only me and myself, lonely and abused by time
Full of sorrow, punished by disappointment
Unwillingly

Everything happens as you desire
Erasing my heart and gifted me with silence

(repeat chorus)

The sad stories between us has ended
Only God knows everything

(repeat chorus)​

Last edited:

kzmxgirl

FSC MEXICO SEPTEMBER 2021

:mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx:

Camilo Séptimo

Although the story of Camilo Séptimo begins in 2013, Manuel Mendoza (Voz y Bajo), Jonathan Meléndez (Keyboards) and Erik Vázquez (Guitar) make up a band with musicians who have a long career within the Mexican independent scene. Everything starts from folk demos that Manuel had recorded in his home studio, sketches. From those sessions, the first single "Portales" was derived, a track that was reviewed in media such as El Fanzine , LifeBoxSet , Marvin, Indie Rocks !, URL Magazine , which highlights the melodic work of the voice, as well as the nostalgia and textural production of the instruments. After launching a promotional video for "Portales," the band demonstrated its eclectic character with the release of "Do not Trust Me" as the second single, and a piece that vindicates the festive mood of the new wave, but with guitars reminiscent of more current genres such as math rock. Although the influences of this track are ango-cut, the band remains true to his idea of making lyrics sung in Spanish.

In 2014, they released their first EP, MAYA, in digital format, which was very successful and that is why they decided to present their first material in the lake house, which has a capacity of 400 people. Due to the great success they've obtained since then, the band was invited to the Vive Latino festival "2015," one of the most important in Latin America. With all the energy ahead, 2016 represented a pivotal year for Camilo VII. With #TourNeon, the band toured throughout the Mexican Republic. With a total of 70 presentations, among which stand out Sold Outs in the Spanish Cultural Center (600 people) Lunario National Auditorium (1200 people).

To start 2017 on the right foot, Camilo Séptimo announced the release of their first LP Óleos, produced by Mario Miranda (Patterns) and Christian Jean (Reyno) that includes the singles "Miénteme" and "Ser Humano." Now in 2019, Camilo Séptimo just released their captivating new album, Navegantes. No doubt to this day, Camilo Séptimo is one of the most influential bands in Mexico and Latin America.

Top Bottom