A-lister

Veteran
FSC#142 - December 2020

:se:SWEDEN :se:

Victor Leksell

Svag

67oGt0t.jpg

PRESENTATION:

So we're finishing off this strange year with yet another big local hit here in Sweden, in fact the biggest hit in Sweden of 2020 and the most streamed Swedish-language song of all time as of to date; Svag (Weak), performed by the 23-year old rising new star on the Swedish pop scene Victor Leksell.

The song, which was debuted live on the annual fundraising entertainment TV show Musikhjälpen back in December 2019 and officially released as a single in January 2020, is a modern contemporary-produced acoustic guitar-based Pop ballad with a chilled singer-songwriter campfire mood and a sweet catchy hook combined with subtle Trap and Swedish Vispop influences, giving the song a quite distinct sound and character.

Leksell first entered the Swedish version of the TV talent show Idol back in 2017, where he made it to the qualifying week but failed to reach the weekly semi-finals. He later on released his debut single Vart du sover (Where You Sleep) in May 2018, followed by his first top. 10 single Tappat (Lost), which was released later in the same year. In 2019, he would achieve his first top. 5 charting solo single with Allt för mig (Everything to Me) as well as another top. 10 single with Klär av dig (Undress You) and in a collaboration with the Swedish pop act Estraden, Leksell would achieve his first top. 3 single with the song Bra för dig (Good for You).

This month's entry Svag is not just the biggest song in Sweden this year, but has also managed to top the official Norwegian singles chart as well as managing a top. 20 position on the Danish equivalent, making it one of those rare moments when a Swedish-language song manages to cross-over to our Nordic neighbors. In June 2020, Leksell also released his debut album titled Fånga mig när jag faller (Catch Me When I fall), which topped the Swedish albums chart and also managed to reach the top. 3 on the Norwegian one.

Now the question remains, will this Swedish and Scandinavian hit of the year also manage to be a success with an international audience here in the FSC? We shall see...

Being the last edition of this year, from the bottom of my heart I wish you all a Merry Christmas (if that's what you celebrate) and a Happy New Year, and I hope and believe that next year will be better, that we will come through this pandemic stronger on the other side and that life will start to come back to "normal" rather sooner than later. My thoughts and prayers also go out to all those that lost their lives or health and all the loved-ones who lost someone to this disease and everyone else affected in one way or another. Music has a healing power so having the FSC community and to get together in our shared joy of music has meant even more in a year like this! xhug

LYRICS:

LYRICS [ENGLISH TRANSLATION]:

Stole

dypUYY2.jpg

Aleksandra Živojinović, formerly Prijović is a Serbian pop-folk singer. She was born in Sombor in 1995, but she grew up in Beli Manastir in Croatia. She currently lives in Belgrade. She rose to fame in 2014. thanks to show Zvezda Granda where she placed fourth. After the competition, she released few singles that became huge hits. In 2017. she released an album called Testament that had huge popularity in Serbia and it is considered one of the most successful albums in the last decade. She is happily married and has a son named Aleksandar.

kopachka

ol24Sa6.png

For December 2020 edition Croatia is in with a pretty unknown artist with even less known song - but damn it blew me away the moment I luckily discovered it! It's only the second time this year Croatia's sending a song in English, with last time being January when we also sent... Mary May! :eek: But this time she is a featuring artist to a new artist on the Croatian scene called delapse! The person behind this mysterious name is Leonard Klaić, a Zagreb based producer (and drum player in the bands She Loves Pablo and Lovely Quinces) who decided to use 2020 as a perfect time to release his debut album ("OMENS"). I have listened to the album and I can easily recognize "Starry Eyes" as a personal standout, but if you're into dark electronics, you should not miss listening to all the 8 songs! I am still kinda shocked and yet very happy that the Croatian scene managed to produce such a talented artist, so hopefully he continues creating great music. xup

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - January 2021 - Secret Garden ft. Cathrine Iversen - Sagnet om julerosen

w4Z000Y.jpg

Representing Norway in January 2021, and returning to the FSC for Norway after 9 months, is the Norwegian-Irish Neo-Classical ESC-winners from 1995 Secret Garden, this time featuring Norwegian singer Cathrine Iversen on vocals. Here is some more information about them.

Secret Garden consists of Rolf Løvland (the Norwegian composer/pianist and Nexus of the duo) and Fionnuala Sherry (Irish violinist) on violin. The duo is based in Norway and has been so from the beginning. With 3-4 million albums sold worldwide they are considered one of the most successful and influential Norwegian groups/musical projects of all time.

Rolf Løvland - born in Kristiansand, Norway in 1955 - was Norway’s perhaps most successful commercial pop-music composer in the 1980s. He wrote many MGP-songs for other artists, including the Norwegian 1985 Eurovision Song Contest (ESC) winner “La Det Swinge” performed by Bobbysocks. In the early 1990s he decided to try something different, and so he started the musical project called Secret Garden, together with the Irish violinist Fionnuala Sherry.

Fionnuala’s violin-playing started at an early age. She graduated with honours from the Music of Trinity College in Dublin. Her professional career started with a 10-year stint as a member of the RTÉ Concert Orchestra. She has worked with many musicians. She has also recorded Hollywood movie scores with the Irish Film Orchestra.

With Secret Garden Rolf Løvland wished to make music that was close to his heart: Neo-Classical, Celtic-inspired instrumental music. And so the story of Secret Garden had begun.

Secret Garden made history by winning the ESC in 1995 with "Nocturne", an instrumental melody stylistically unique for ESC which had 24 words added to the beginning of the song. In the 40-year history of the ESC an instrumental piece had never previously won.

This surprise victory at the ESC was the ultimate showcase that successfully launched their first album “Songs from a Secret Garden”. It was released around the globe. This was an historic event for a Norwegian artist/group and record company. In the years that followed Secret Garden released several popular albums, among them “White Stones” (1997), “Dawn of a New Century” (1999) and “Once in a Red Moon” (2002) which contained their huge hit “You Raise Me Up” (ft. Irish Brian Kennedy on vocals) which went on to be recorded in over 40 versions worldwide.

The following albums were “Inside I'm Singing” (2007), which differed in that all songs were with vocals, and “Winter Poem” (2011), which included the song “The Dream” (ft. Irish Clannad-singer Moya Brennan on vocals), which was the Norwegian FSC-entry in December 2011, and “Lament For A Frozen Flower”, which was the Norwegian FSC-entry in May 2012. In 2013 they released the album “Just The Two Of Us” which included the beautiful song “En Passant” which was the Norwegian FSC-entry in May 2014.

In the next years Secret Garden focused on side-projects and tours/concerts around the world, including several visits to Asia and China, but in 2018 they began to work on new songs for an album planned for release in 2019. This album was released in April 2019, called “Storyteller”. It included many beautiful songs, among them “The Voyage”, which was the Norwegian entry in FSC May 2019, and “The Pilot” which was the Norwegian entry in FSC April 2020.

Rolf Løvland kept working on a parallel music project creating a musical which was planned to premiere in Norway in 2021. He also wrote some new Norwegian songs collaborating with the Norwegian singer Cathrine Iversen on a planned Christmas album to be released in late 2020. This new album “Sacred Night” was finally released on 11th November 2020. The album included a newly written beautiful song in Norwegian Christmas hymn tradition called “Sagnet om julerosen” with Cathrine Iversen on vocals in Norwegian language. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC January 2021.

Secret Garden will for sure continue to mesmerize their many fans all over the world in the years to come with their beautiful Neo-Classical instrumental music and other cherished melodies.

Cathrine Iversen is a talented Norwegian singer and vocalist, known for her crystal-clear angelic beautiful voice, from Fredrikstad in south-eastern Norway. She has had extensive experience from various concert and theater stages at home and abroad through the years including many Christmas concerts. She has been a guest-vocalist with Secret Garden since 2010 with several concert tours in Europe, Asia and the USA. She has also participated in several TV productions such as Norwegian Melodi Grand Prix and various popular Norwegian tv-shows. Cathrine Iversen has also participated in several of Secret Garden's international record releases. She also writes music and has co-written several of the songs on Secret Garden’s new 2020 “Sacred Night” album. She is a music talent from whom we will without doubt hear more in the years to come.

The Norwegian entry for FSC #143 January 2021, called “Sagnet om julerosen” (“The Legend of the Christmas Rose”) is a beautiful new Christmas song in Norwegian Christmas hymn tradition by Secret Garden ft. Cathrine Iversen on vocals. The song was written in 2020 by Rolf Løvland and Cathrine Iversen and is a fitting entry to start the New FSC Year. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Secret Garden again in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in Norwegian with a translation into English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for January 2021 - and Happy New FSC Year, everyone!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Secret Garden ft. Cathrine Iversen - Sagnet om julerosen

I natten under himmelens stjerner / At nightfall under heaven’s stars
En fattig gjeterjente går / A poor little shepherdess wanders around
Hun leter etter vinterroser / She looks for winter roses
Maria’s barn skal få / To give to Mary’s Child

Når ingen blomster finns i snøen / When blossoms are nowhere to be found
En tåre faller ned på jord / Her tear drops onto the frozen ground
Da står en engel der på marken / An angel then appears before her
Og lover disse ord / And comforts her with these words

I vinternatten, skal rosen spire / In the winter night a rose will blossom
I frossent jordlag vokse frem / Rising from the frozen ground
Så hvit som snøen, så ren som himmelen / As white as snow, as pure as heaven
Skal rosen finne liv igjen / The rose will spring to life again

Der gjeterjentas tårer faller / Where the sheperdess’ tear falls
En vakker rose springer ut / A beautiful rose springs forth
Som denne marken er ditt hjerte / Like this frozen ground, your heart
I natt berørt av Gud / Is touched by God tonight

I vinternatten, skal rosen spire / In the winter night a rose will blossom
I frossent jordlag vokse frem / Rising from the frozen ground

Din største gave er en rose / Your greatest gift is a rose
Som springer frem av kjærlighet / Springing forth from your love

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

hawadharma

:my:

FSC
MALAYSIA
JANUARY 2021

61CbCG+SNrL._SS500_.jpg

Artist:
Aina Abdul

Song Title:
"Semalam"

Aina Abdul is probably Malaysia's biggest star in 2020. This talented singer-songwriter who is famously known for her extraordinary vocal prowess has won the biggest singing shows on Malaysian TV along 2020 - namely The Masked Singer Malaysia, Immortal Songs, Vokal Mania and hopefully the upcoming AJL 2020 with this song - "Semalam".

"Semalam" is a heavy melancholic ballad about domestic abuse and how difficult it is to walk away from it.

Lyrics translation (English):

Yesterday, I am a fallen leaf,
Weak, helpless and ignored,
You just left me alone,
With this body inside me

Chorus:
I have tried to leave you countless times,
But my every step is stopped (by this body),
You leave me anyway, in this loneliness,
With thousands of purple bruises

Yesterday, I am a fallen leaf,
Weak, helpless, unloved
You just abandon me alone,
Silently, without any sound.

(chorus)

Where are your promises?
Where are your love and care?
Where are those things?

(chorus)

kopachka

Y4GcS5N.png

Croatia is starting a new year with a well-known face, both in terms of ESC and FSC! Nina Kraljić (born in 1992 in Lipovljani) is my favorite Croatian singer at the moment (or sharing the first place with Severina oops) and I am always super excited to share her new music with FSC community. This will be her 4th participation in FSC and she is probably the most successful artist in our history, as she finished 2nd (September 2015 - "Zaljuljali smo svijet") and 3rd two times (November 2016 - "Vir"; and December 2019 - "Shamanic Invocation" as a featuring artist). I don't have such high hopes for this month's entry, but I hope some people will appreciate it as much as I do. :)

We are starting 2021 with a magical song called "Pod drevom senja drvena hiža" (in English: 'The wooden house dreams under the tree' though I am not 100% sure it's an accurate translation). Why am I not sure if it's the true meaning? Well, it's because I don't fully understand the lyrics. :lol: This song is in 'kajkavščina', a Kajkavian dialect mostly spoken in Croatia's northernmost regions, and it's a dialect that I would personally classify as a separate language. I have already sent a song in this dialect last year - "Kaj nebi bilo" in FSC 137. Although Nina is coming from the same county/region and dialect as I do, I believe she did a great job singing in Kajkavian dialect. The song is about the old wooden house ('hiža') that survives fighting the time and its challenges, and saying to the boy who is standing by that it will always stand tall to remind about the tradition... If I got it right. :') The song was created to take part in a Kajkavian Song Festival in 2020 and I am super happy she recorded this magical tune. xheart

kzmxgirl

:mx::mx::mx::mx::mx: MEXICO FSC JANUARY 2021 :mx::mx::mx::mx::mx:

Patricia Giovanna Cantú Velasco (born November 25, 1983), known professionally as Paty Cantú, is a Mexican singer, songwriter and actress, who rose to fame as one of the founding members of the successful Mexican pop duo Lu.

cantu.jpg
yAY4vEFrBQQ10Pp9BZY2ZIZ6so7Wz2ZSnNUHB7xprll_Dvjkp3hKAk2eJgEOgX8x64y_2ZLKx14n_y9H_M5N097Fuav1hWv8fLyh1GMQhOuDAAknDK16R3Ar4xhB8A1dVcNO2t5d

Paty Cantú became a member of the Mexican pop duo Lu alongside Mario Sandoval. The pair rose to fame with hits like Por Besarte, Una Confusión and La Vida Después de Ti and being certified gold and platinum for both records in Mexico and USA. Their self-titled debut album released in 2004, which was produced by Aureo Baqueiro, producer of artists like Natalia Lafourcade, Sin Bandera, Kabah, and Moenia, had success in Mexico and Brazil in which enjoyed success because they and their song "Por Besarte" were featured on Rebelde. Her song-writing skills were shown in the track "Sé" and writing songs for Lola and Alejandra Guzmán. After various reeditions from their first album, and a sophomore one called "Álbum", it was announced on August 27, 2007 that Mario and Paty parted ways due to artistic ideas, giving their last concert in October in Reynosa, Tamaulipas.

After the split, Paty started to write songs for her debut album, having 54 songs before selecting the final 10. In 2008, she was featured in Motel's hit "Dos Palabras" which was released on August 12 and appeared in the reedition from their second album 17 Bis. After that, Paty Cantú debuted as a solo artist on October 17 as an opening act for Mexican singer Aleks Syntek, making this her start as a successful solo singer. In November 2008, Paty Cantú released her first single "Déjame Ir" which reached Top 10 in the Mexican Radio Airplay proving an instant hit and the video was premiered in MTV on November 18. Her album Me Quedo Sola was released on January 27, 2009 under EMI composed of 10 songs, 9 written by her and 1 written by Billy Mendez from Motel. In only three days of sales, Me Quedo Sola debuted at #8 in "Lo Mas Vendido" in Mixup and after a week, the album reached #1. However, in the Mexico Main Top 100 Albums Chart reached #2, just under Vicente Fernández.

"No Fue Suficiente", her second single was released on February 21 and its video inspired by Tim Burton was produced by Esteban Madrazo and debuted in "Los 10+ Pedidos" of MTV. She started to write songs for Alejandro Fernández, Dulce María's debut album as well as upcoming greatest hits from Alejandra Guzmán.

In August 2009 it was announced that Paty Cantú would participate in the movie Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure as part of the soundtrack with the song Historia Ancestral, which was to be released on September 4, 2009. She also announced in her MySpace that her debut album would have a reedition which include new tracks like Muñeca de Papel written by Billy from Motel, Casi Divas featuring Alfonso Pichardo, lead singer from Moenia and Mi Amor Destruye featuring Ballesteros.

Paty Cantú was nominated for Los Premios MTV Latinoamérica 2009 in two categories, one alongside her former mate Mario Sandoval and his group Sandoval. On September 29, Paty Cantú received two nominations for Premios Oye!, the Mexican Grammy Awards for Breakthrough of the Year alongside Alexander Acha, Beto Cuevas, Tush and Victor & Leo and Best Female Solo competing against Colombian Fanny Lú, Italian singer Laura Pausini and connationals María José and Natalia Lafourcade.

Paty Cantu's song "Afortunadamente no eres tu" became widely known throughout Mexico and within the United States Hispanic community. The song was used in a MasterCard commercial as well as Ninas Mal's soundtrack.

She is featured in the single "The World is Ours" used by Coca-Cola to promote the 2014 FIFA World Cup. The single is featured in the album One Love, One Rhythm.

In 2018, she released her fourth album, #333.

On April 16, 2020, she participated in a charity single for the people of Mexico, titled "Resistiré México".

GOOD LUCK TO ALL ENTRIES!

Stole

:rs: FSC 143 - JANUARY 2021 - SERBIA :rs:

kj4QmrH.png

Jovana Nikolić is a Serbian pop singer that became popular after taking part in Beovizija 2004 with the song "Posle tebe". In 2010. she released a song called "Moli, Moli" that became a huge hit in Serbia. In 2012. she gave birth to a child and took a break from music. In 2015. she released a single "Najbolja" that had a great reaction from the public. After that, she released a collaboration with Eurovision winner Marija Šerifović.

FSC entry "Pazi se" (Watch Out) is the opening song for the crime tv series Južni vetar. Song was produced by famous rapper Coby in collaboration with young singer Teya Dora.

A-lister

Veteran
FSC#143 - January 2021

Miriam Bryant

Nån av oss

Luv4iC7.jpg

PRESENTATION:

So we're starting off the new year with a come back to the contest and it's with singer Miriam Bryant and the entry Nån av oss (Someone of Us). In total this marks Bryant's fourth entry to the contest (third as a solo act and second Swedish language entry). Back in August 2013, Bryant came second with the song Push Play and just under a year ago her first original Swedish language single Du med dig (You With You) was entered to the contest.

The single Nån av oss, which was released back in March 2020, is Bryant's first release after her 2019 Swedish language EP titled Mi Amor, and most probably her first official single of an upcoming new Swedish language EP or album to be released sometime this year. With this song she continues on her path of Swedish language material and her take on contemporary Swedish Pop with a touch of Vispop.

LYRICS:

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - February 2021 - Dagny - Somebody

LrKWZet.jpg

Representing Norway in February 2021 is a New Artist for Norway in FSC, the talented and popular Norwegian singer-songwriter Dagny. Here is some more information about her.

Dagny Norvoll Sandvik (born 1990 in Tromsø, northern Norway), best known for her artist name Dagny, is a Norwegian singer-songwriter who has gotten both national and international acclaim.

She is the daughter of the vocalist Marit Sandvik and the jazz musician Øystein Norvoll. She started performing locally in Tromsø following a songwriting assignment at school and, after moving to the UK in 2012, performed on the small club circuit there for a while. After University studies she recorded the song “Backbeat”, which caught the attention of Zane Lowe at Apple Music's Beats 1 station and appeared on Spotify's New Music playlist, achieving 300.000 plays in a few days.

She had big success on Spotify and signed with Republic Records. Rob Stevenson said of her, "’Backbeat’ immediately aroused our attention, and after a showcase in New York, our entire company fell in love with her. We look forward to further convey her vision to the world". “Backbeat” in an acoustic version was subsequently included in an episode of the famous tv-show ‘Grey’s Anatomy’. She was also credited as a songwriter on Katy Perry's 2019 song "Never Really Over", which also interpolated Dagny's song "Love You Like That". After a series of singles (incl. “Used To You” and “Hit Your Heart”), the agreement with Republic Records ended and her first album, “Strangers / Lovers”, was released in October 2020 on her own label, Little Daggers.

Before this, in May 2020, she released an EP with the first 6 songs from the album which included her first single, the popular “Come Over”, and also the even more successful second single, the Nordic Electro-pop banger and hit “Somebody”. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC February 2021.

Dagny has been guest artist on several songs incl. Seeb’s popular “Drink About” and has also recently branched out with some acting, she starred in Season 2 of the Netflix Original Series ‘Home for Christmas’ as “Nurse Lisa”. The acoustic version of her hit single “Somebody” and the song “Bye Bye Baby” from her debut album also made appearances in the show. She has furthermore been nominated for Norwegian Grammies (‘Spellemannsprisen’) several times in the past years and also won an award presented by Norwegian Radio (NRK P3) for best song of the year with “Somebody”.

She is a talented artist, singer and songwriter from whom we will without doubt hear more in the coming years.

The Norwegian entry for FSC #144 February 2021, called “Somebody”, is a melodic and catchy Nordic Electro-pop banger performed by the talented and popular Norwegian singer called Dagny. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Dagny in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for February 2021!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Dagny - Somebody

When you called up my phone
I was all alone
Voice close to my ear
Like the sound of a song

You said let's take a ride
This was late July
We got lost in the night
(We got lost in the night)

So we drove around town
In your beat up car
Soft sounds of your breath
And the sound of my heart

Don’t remember the words
I know how I felt
Is this trouble again?

I never felt like this with somebody
I never thought I'd feel like I do
I never felt this close with somebody
Somebody, somebody but you

I never had this rush in my body
I never thought I'd feel something new

Something ’about you and the way we fit
Like the stars in the night
Heat of you on my skin

Hadn't know you for long but it felt like years
From the second we met, I knew things would change

Everything would change
Everything would change

Don't remember the words
I know how I felt
Is this trouble again?

I never thought I'd feel like I do

I never had this rush in my body

(With, with, with somebody)

With somebody like you
With somebody like you

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

kzmxgirl

:mx::mx::mx: FSC FEBRUARY 2021 MEXICO :mx::mx::mx:

67882666_494505151314885_1380805507190620160_n-752x440.jpg

Aztlan is one of the newest death and trash metal bands on the Mexican music scene. It was formed in 2019. They are known for their originality on costumes, performances and for fusing modern and local folkloric tradition on their compositions.

Mainly the name of the band was thought to represent the history of Mexico and the cultures that have inhabited here since the beginning of times. Aztlan in his songs explores human feelings, such as love, hate, pain, anger, as well as aspects of daily life, social status, traditions, etc.

ENJOY THE SONG AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL ENTRIES!
xhugxcheerxcheerxcheerxcheerxcheerxcheerxcheerxcheerxcheerxhugxhugxhug

Stole

:rs: FSC 144 - FEBRUARY - SERBIA :rs:

Aleksandra Radović (born 10 September 1974) is a Serbian singer-songwriter, vocal coach, television judge and voice actress. She graduated from the Music Academy in Novi Sad, majoring in music pedagogy. Radović gained popularity upon her debut album in 2003, which was preceded by the hit-single Kao so u moru (Like Salt in The Sea).

Additionally, Radović also founded her own singing school and has appeared on several televised singing shows as a judge, such as the second series of Prvi glas Srbije (The First Voice of Serbia ) in 2012 when all three finalists, Nevena Božović, Sara Jo and Mirna Radulović (Moje 3, Eurovision 2013 - Serbia) were mentored by Radović.

The song Živim bol (I'm living in pain) is from Aleksandra's last album Predvorje života (Entrance to Life) and below you can read the English translation of the song.

WsCw0Kh.jpg

LIVE PERFORMANCE:

OFFICIAL VIDEO:

A-lister

Veteran
FSC#144 - February 2021

Jon Henrik Fjällgren

Mountain Dance

UWMrroh.jpg

PRESENTATION:

Last edited:

hawadharma

FSC FEBRUARY 2021

MALAYSIA

maxresdefault.jpg

OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO

BONUS: 100% LIVE VERSION

Lyrics (English Translation)

kopachka

tl8tvOp.png

February 2021 was a great month to introduce a young artist who I believe is on a great way to become a well-known musician in the future. Croatia is being represented by the artist names ElSea (real name: Lana Crnogorčić), a high school student from Pula. So far she has released four songs and you can find them all here: https://elsea.bandcamp.com/ It was a tough process of choosing which one of them to send in FSC as all of them are unique in a way, and 'luckily' one of them was published in January 2020 so it was not eligible and it made me struggle with the remaining three options. :lol: I am sure that you will be hearing more of her music during my FSC career though. ;) In the end I decided to go with "Dance for My Life" as it felt like a good change of pace after my dark and melancholic choices in the previous two months. I love how the songs builds up and takes you on a bit of psychedelic yet sensual journey. xbow

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - March 2021 - Sirenia - This Curse of Mine

fgNcwQ9.jpg

Representing Norway in March 2021, and returning to the FSC for Norway after 1.5 years, is the famous Norwegian Symphonic Metal band Sirenia. Here is some more information about them.

Sirenia, named after the Sirens of Greek mythology, was founded in 2001 by the Norwegian musician Morten Veland, after he left the Norwegian Gothic Metal band Tristania due to musical disagreements and differences. The band is from Stavanger and has been based in Norway from the start.

The band has had several changes in members over the years (including several different female vocalists of which the current one is Emmanuelle Zoldan), but Morten Veland (guitar, bass, keyboards and vocals), nexus and founder of the Norwegian band, has been at the center of it all for 20 years.

Their 1st album was “At Sixes and Sevens” in 2002. Sirenia’s 2nd album “An Elixir For Existence” came in 2004 plus one EP “Sirenian Shores” also in 2004. Sirenia sounded on their first albums like a mix of hard Goth Metal/Rock with Symphonic and also Black/Death metal elements.

Their album “Nine Destinies and a Downfall” was released in February 2007. In 2009 they released an album called “The 13th Floor”.

In 2011 Sirenia released a new album “The Enigma of Life”. It included “All My Dreams”, the Norwegian entry in FSC March 2011, and “Fading Star”, the Norwegian entry in FSC August 2011. In May 2013 a powerful and epic Symphonic Metal song called “Seven Widows Weep” was released as a new single. It became the Norwegian entry in FSC August 2013. The new album “Perils of the Deep Blue” was released in June 2013. It included also the melodic Metal-song “My Destiny Coming To Pass” which became the Norwegian entry in FSC February 2014.

The 2015-album “The Seventh Life Path” was released in May 2015. It included the Symphonic ‘Gothic’ Metal song “Serpent” which was the Norwegian entry in FSC June 2015.

Sirenia worked on a new album in 2016 and a first single ,“The 12th Hour”, was released in October 2016. It was followed in early November 2016 by the title-track “Dim Days of Dolor”. This became the Norwegian entry in FSC October 2017. The album “Dim Days of Dolor” was released in November 2016 and also included the powerful epic song “Goddess of the Sea” which was the Norwegian entry in FSC December 2016.

The first single from a forthcoming album, the song ‘Love Like Cyanide’, was released in September 2018. The new album itself, named ‘Arcane Astral Aeons’, was finally released on 26th October 2018. It included the melodic Symphonic Metal-song ‘Into The Night’, which was the Norwegian entry in FSC November 2018, as well as the aforementioned ‘Love Like Cyanide’ which became the Norwegian entry in FSC June 2019. Another song from the 2018-album was the epic Symphonic Gothic Metal-song “Glowing Embers”. It was the fan-popular grand finale of the album. This was the Norwegian entry in FSC September 2019.

In 2020 Sirenia worked on tracks for a new album, there was a delay due to the covid-19 pandemic but a single “Addiction no 1” was released in late 2020 and the new album was finally released in February 2021. It included 11 tracks, with a shift to a more electronic sound, and one of these new songs was the melodic Symphonic Metal song “This Curse of Mine”. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC March 2021.

Sirenia will without doubt continue to make music and dominate the Norwegian Symphonic Metal scene in the years to come to all their fans’ delight all over the world.

The Norwegian entry for FSC #145 March 2021, called “This Curse of Mine”, is another great epic and melodic Symphonic Metal song by Norwegian Metal band Sirenia. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Sirenia again in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for March 2021!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Sirenia - This Curse of Mine

I walked through our time
With my head held high
I faced all my demons head on
I faltered and failed
But always prevailed
Manifold battles have won

I’ve sinned through the darkness
I’ve conquered the night
I follow the path of my choice
When life takes me on
I am driven and strong
And poised for the battles to come

I battle addiction to be out of time
There’s no benediction for this curse of mine
Hell-drawn affliction is my inner war
The warfare rages on and on and on

I walked through each night
With my head held down
I faced all my demons alone
Every time I have failed
And never prevailed
Each and every battle was lost

I fell in the darkness
Was mazed, I was blind
Never felt the power for my choice
When life takes me on
I barely held on
All hope is now long since gone

-A burden of time
Which gather on your mind
In search of a sign
You cannot seem to find-

I’m losing this battle, it’s out of control
For years it’s been taking its toll on my soul
Broken in body, I’m broken in mind
The end drawing near, life pass me by

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

kzmxgirl

FSC MARCH 2021 MEXICO

Flag_of_Mexico.svg

danna-paola-2020-1.jpg

Danna Paola Rivera Munguía

(born 23 June 1995) is a Mexican actress, singer and model. She gained popularity as a child actress and singer, starring in dozens of television projects throughout her early childhood and adolescence.

999–2003: Early career​

Danna Paola's acting career began in 1999 when at age 4 she and her sister attended Televisa's casting call in Mexico City for Plaza Sésamo, the Mexican version of Sesame Street. Both were later cast on the show and appeared in several episodes. One year later at age 5, she was cast in the telenovela, Rayito de Luz, in 2000. In 2001, she received her first lead role in the children's telenovela, María Belén. The same year, she released her debut album, titled Mi Globo Azul.

2004–2012: Breakout success​

In 2004, she was chosen as the lead in the successful children's series, Amy, la niña de la mochila azul. Her second studio album, Océano, soon followed. A year later, she was the female lead of Pablo y Andrea, the television adaptation of the classic novel, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer. Over the next several years, she earned parts in multiple television series produced by Televisa.

In 2009, she was cast as "Patito" in Atrévete a Soñar, the Mexican remake of the popular Argentine children's telenovela, Patito Feo. Danna Paola filmed two seasons of the show and production was concluded in late 2009. Atrévete a Soñar marked Paola's transition from children's to teen telenovelas. Paola and the cast of the telenovela recorded two soundtracks and toured across Mexico, in order to promote the show. The telenovela and its soundtrack were commercially successful throughout Mexico and Latin America. The soundtrack was certified double platinum in Mexico.

In late 2010, she voiced "Rapunzel" for the Latin American Spanish-language dubbing of the Disney film"Tangled" and participated in the film's Spanish-language soundtrack.

2013–2015: Wicked and other projects​

In May 2013, Danna Paola auditioned for the first Spanish-language production of the successful Broadway musical, Wicked, in Mexico City. She auditioned for both Glinda and Elphaba, performing Popular and Defying Gravity. Later that same month, the final cast for the Mexican production was announced, with Paola cast as "Elphaba". The production opened in Mexico City at Teatro Telcel on 17 October 2013, and closed on 18 January 2015. Critics in Mexico, as well as the play's original composer, Stephen Schwartz, praised her performance. In addition to being well received by critics, the play was also a commercial success in Mexico City. During its first 10 weeks, "Wicked" sold over 100,000 tickets and had more than 100 performances; it broke a box office record making it one of the most successful theatre productions in Mexico's history. At the age of 18, Danna Paola was the youngest person to play the role of "Elphaba" in a professional theatre production.

In January 2014, Danna Paola was cast in the movie, Saving Sara Cruz, a modern-day remake of the 1992 film, The Bodyguard. Production on the film never commenced and the project was later shelved.The film was to be Danna Paola's English-language debut.

In March 2014, Danna, debuted as fashion designer collaborating with the popular Mexican clothing brand, "Sexy Jeans". Her line, "Danna Paola, by SexyJns", was commercially successful with products selling out across Mexico.

In August 2014, Danna participated in the ABBA tribute album, "Dancing Queens", recording a cover of "Take A Chance On Me". "Take A Chance On Me" was released as single on 2 September 2014 and debuted at number 1 on iTunes México.

On 29 October 2014, she performed "No hay bien", the Spanish-language version of "No Good Deed", to a sold-out crowd at the Auditorio Nacional for the Lunas del Auditorio award show. That night, Wicked received an award in the "Broadway Show" category.

Danna Paola appeared in over 300 performances of Wicked from 2013 to early 2015. Following the conclusion of "Wicked", she was invited by producer Alex Gou, to join the cast of the musical, Hoy No Me Puedo Levantar, where she played the lead role of "Maria" and went on tour throughout Mexico. In July 2015, she signed a contract with the U.S. based Spanish-language network, Telemundo, marking her return to telenovelas after a nearly five-year absence.

In August 2015, she recorded the duet, "Mientras Me Enamoras" with Mexican singer, Lalo Brito. A music video was also filmed, and it premiered on Brito's YouTube channel in September 2015. During the summer of 2015, Paola moved to Miami to film the telenovela drama, ¿Quién es quién?. The project is her first telenovela role outside of Televisa. Filming for the program concluded in September 2015. ¿Quién es quién? began airing weeknights in the U.S. on Telemundo on 9 February 2016.

2016–present​

In early 2016, Paola filmed in the Mexican movie, ¡Como va! Lo más sencillo es complicarlo todo (later renamed Lo Más Sencillo Es Complicarlo Todo), on location in Mexico City, Puerto Vallarta, and Querétaro. The movie was released in Mexican cinemas on 26 January 2018. In mid-April 2016, she was confirmed as a cast member in the telenovela drama, La Doña, produced by Telemundo. The telenovela filmed in Mexico with Aracely Arámbula and David Chocarro and premiered in November 2016. The finale aired on Telemundo in the U.S. on 1 May 2017.

In 2017, Paola was cast in the Telemundo bio-series, José José: El príncipe de la canción, based on the life of Mexican singer José José. Paola played famed Mexican singer-songwriter, Lucero and appears in 4 episodes of the show. The miniseries premiered on Telemundo on 15 January 2018. In late January 2018, Paola was scheduled to begin filming a role in the bio series based on the life of Mexican actress, Silva Pinal. She later dropped out before filming began and instead revealed that she was cast in the Netflix original Spanish teen thriller television series, Élite. Production for the television show forced Paola to move to Madrid for six months starting in January 2018. She was cast in the program following a long audition process in 2017. The show has 8 episodes shot in 4K and it premiered globally on Netflix in October 2018. In 2019, Paola was cast as a judge on the singing-competition series La Academia for TV Azteca.

Danna Paola is hitting another career high with the single “Calla Tú” ( “Shut Up, You.”) currently topping Spotify, YouTube and Apple Music charts worldwide. Enjoy the song and good luck to all entries!

A-lister

Veteran
FSC#145 - March 2021

Albin Lee Meldau

På riktigt

lS9sgjl.jpg

PRESENTATION:

For this March edition, we are sending 33-year old singer-songwriter Albin Lee Meldau with the entry På riktigt (For Real). The song, which can be described as a mid tempo Neo soul ballad with Indie rock elements, is the first single taken from the singer's second, and first Swedish-language, album titled På svenska (In Swedish), released in 2020.

Meldau debuted with the single Lou Lou back in 2016, taken from his debut EP Lovers which was released in the end of the same year. In the following year, he released his second EP Bloodshot, and in 2018 he would finally release his first full debut album titled About You, which included the single The Weight Is Gone. The album eventually managed a top. 3 position on the official Swedish albums chart later that year, which could have been an effect of Meldau taking part in the popular TV-Show Så Mycket Bättre (a Swedish version of the The Best Singers concept) in the same year.

LYRICS:

Last edited:

kopachka

ZPEsMVR.png

March is a great month for a Dora reject, right? I am happy to introduce you to Harmonija disonance, a vocal ensemble created in 2016 at the Zagreb Academy of Music. They wanted to create a bridge between the students and the best artists of a traditional music style. The ensemble consists of 11 female singers and in 2019 they have released an album with a-capella covers of folklore songs. They also collaborate with the Jazz Orchestra of the Academy of Music in Zagreb.

Whoever knows my taste from the forum contests will probably immediately guess that Zima perfectly fits my taste - it is a perfect combination of traditional and modern. The women choir does a great job here and I love how the song plays with ethno and upbeat segments. The final version of the song was produced by the synth-wave duo pocket palma (FSC 125). Needles to say, this would've easily been my number one in Dora 2021 if the jury hadn't made such a stupid mistake by not including them in the line-up (just like ignoring Zavičaj in 2020). Still, I am grateful that I could introduce Harmonija disonance and Zima through FSC and I hope some of you will enjoy it equally as I do. xup

hawadharma

FSC MARCH 2021
MALAYSIA

Şiti ຖนrhคliຊค

"𝕊𝕚𝕒𝕡𝕒 𝕋𝕒𝕜 𝕄𝕒𝕙𝕦"

ee3426e6-8a0f-4d22-bd60-9f19f13c8c26-1.jpg

LYRICS
(English Translation):

Top Bottom