Contact us

FSC Chat Box

Mozz

Yeah, I noticed yesterday that Ukraine changed the title of their thread. There's now a big facia, proudly announcing in big capital letters what they're sending this month :lol:.

For me that's weird because whoever did that should know that not everybody (or actually very few) in FSC have the possibility to do that.

Is it an idea to change it to the way it's done in WV? Or should all FSCers simply agree not to change the titles of their countries' threads?

r3gg13

I have a question. Let's say Hannah Mancini releases a single/album/EP, would USA be able to send her on FSC? Or not since her musical career is not tied to USA?

A-lister

Veteran
I have a question. Let's say Hannah Mancini releases a single/album/EP, would USA be able to send her on FSC? Or not since her musical career is not tied to USA?

Hmm, I'm not too sure about the rules, but I personally think that an act must be active in the market it represents though.

r3gg13

If she still has US citizenship, then yes!

Although I agree with A-Lister in what he said above.

Thanks for the clarification

I believe she still does. However, I wouldn't necessarily send her. It just feels weird to send her since she's practically a Slovenian artist.

MAYBE, if I ever wanted to send an ESC artist I would send her :lol:

Sahistul

It is the same thing with Natalia Kelly i think, she can represent USA too because she is from there ;)

Kryptonite

4. Artist Rules
a. Singers must have the citizenship, spent the majority of their life or made their career in the country they are representing

I'm pretty sure that she still has the US citizenship and she did spend the majority of her life there, so she can represent USA.
However, she started her career in Slovenia, which means that she's eligible to participate for Slovenia as well. :D

A-lister

Veteran
I'm pretty sure that she still has the US citizenship and she did spend the majority of her life there, so she can represent USA.
However, she started her career in Slovenia, which means that she's eligible to participate for Slovenia as well. :D

Actually, I think it's time for some rules changing tbh.

Imo it shouldn't really matter where a person is born, but rather where the music is released and where the artists have an active career. I mean for instance in this case the connection to the USA in terms of music is zero, it just doesn't make sense to have it representing the US then.

Well, that's my opinion atleast.

CypriotGirl

Veteran
Actually, I think it's time for some rules changing tbh.

Imo it shouldn't really matter where a person is born, but rather where the music is released and where the artists have an active career. I mean for instance in this case the connection to the USA in terms of music is zero, it just doesn't make sense to have it representing the US then.

Well, that's my opinion atleast.

No way. If this happens, then Cyprus would be able to send only 2-3 artists, since 95% of our artists live in Greece... And this will be the case for some other countries as well. Bosnia not to be able to send an artist who was born and grew up in Bosnia, just because he lives and has his career in Serbia?

It makes more sense to take into consideration the place an artist was born and/or grew up than where he lives right now.

doctormalisimo

No way. If this happens, then Cyprus would be able to send only 2-3 artists, since 95% of our artists live in Greece... And this will be the case for some other countries as well. Bosnia not to be able to send an artist who was born and grew up in Bosnia, just because he lives and has his career in Serbia?
And Ireland would have to send obscure indie acts all the time......oh, wait :mrgreen:

A-lister

Veteran

It makes more sense to take into consideration the place an artist was born and/or grew up than where he lives right now.

I don't think you understood my point, I said it should only matter where the person has an active career in (in combination of course of origin in some cases).

I mean the Greek and Cypriot music markets are connected, so it make sense, but it doesn't make sense to pick an American living in Slovenia for USA when she has zero connection to the US music market.

Mozz

No way. If this happens, then Cyprus would be able to send only 2-3 artists, since 95% of our artists live in Greece...

Funny. It reminds me of another discussion from a while ago. I believe you were there too :D.

evilperson

I don't think you understood my point, I said it should only matter where the person has an active career in (in combination of course of origin in some cases).

I mean the Greek and Cypriot music markets are connected, so it make sense, but it doesn't make sense to pick an American living in Slovenia for USA when she has zero connection to the US music market.

This makes perfect sense and I agree, but when it comes to FSC and making suggestions and proposing rule changes, you end up slamming right into an indestructible brick wall.

Top Bottom