Contact us

FSC #80 October - Results: 30th October 2015, 19 CET

Krishoes

I think that for example allowing public NFs could play in the favour of this contest - since only those who have free time can hold NFs or participate in NFs of others while the ones without enough time wouldn't be harmed at all. NF results could be revealed only after the start of new edition, like in WV.
I personally would like this, since sometimes I also have way too many songs I'd like to send and by holding NFs I could "use" them all and in the end choose the best one, with the help of other members ;)

I totally agree with this! I would like to have NFs!!!

A-lister

Veteran
I get the point of FSC and it's good for me as it is now as well since I have less and less free time. However, it is quite clear the activity of players in FSC has decreased significantly over the past 1-1,5 year and I think something could be done to increase the attractiveness of the contest as well. Basically, there is nothing going on for almost a month, there is some activity only during a few days at the end and at the beginning of the month.
I think that for example allowing public NFs could play in the favour of this contest - since only those who have free time can hold NFs or participate in NFs of others while the ones without enough time wouldn't be harmed at all. NF results could be revealed only after the start of new edition, like in WV.
I personally would like this, since sometimes I also have way too many songs I'd like to send and by holding NFs I could "use" them all and in the end choose the best one, with the help of other members ;)

As much as I understand this point, I disagree. There is a charm in FSC in NOT knowing what entries will be, and if suddenly everyone will be involved in choosing entries from all countries then the very idea about this contest gets lost. We don't have to have different contests on the forum with basically the same rules, I think every forum contest has its own place and purpose. I don't think the idea is bad per se, but it would be drastically changing what makes FSC unique amongst the other contests and imo it could even lead to less interest as many active members could even get turned off and leave the contest.

elvisontheisland

I really like FSC for what it is. A competition I can easily cope with yet participate with great interest and delight. I like that there is a month's downtime between events, gives me just the right amount of time to not miss the voting deadline. ;)

Sure, it's unfortunate that certain juries drop out after a while (looking at you, Ireland!), but that's just how it goes. And maybe if one participant loses interest, there may be another one coming in. And it's not as though FSC with less than 30 entries would be the worst thing in the world. I remember contests where we had 40+ songs to choose from, what a hassle that was.

The only thing I'll say should be a permanent fixture is the Live Listening show, but I am well aware of the fact that that takes a long time to put together as well.

BlueForever

I think NFs are fine as long as it's not forced on people. Having an option to choose whether you wanna hold an NF or not would be cool :D Not every Nation will have to do it....but if they feel like it for that particular month...I don't think it shouldn't be allowed. If the point of FSC is to share music, then NFs will definitely give us more chances to do so....but only if they want to or have the time....otherwise, it shouldn't be compulsory! The important thing for me anyways, is to have a choice. ;)

MrGerbear

I think NFs are fine as long as it's not forced on people. Having an option to choose whether you wanna hold an NF or not would be cool :D Not every Nation will have to do it....but if they feel like it for that particular month...I don't think it shouldn't be allowed. If the point of FSC is to share music, then NFs will definitely give us more chances to do so....but only if they want to or have the time....otherwise, it shouldn't be compulsory! The important thing for me anyways, is to have a choice. ;)

Yeah I can't do NFs. I can't even find decent songs every month, there's absolutely no way I can have more than one for an NF.

aardvark

FSC Mod
Staff member
Still a great song. xheart
But this video is so cheap. xrofl2

Elvis se Seun is a minor band, not very well known, and without a lot of money. They mainly play small gigs in clubs and pubs, and they're selling their CD on their Facebook page. The lead singer, Stefan Ludik, is more famous for being in Big Brother Africa more than 10 years ago, and also being a soapie actor. Irene-Louise is just starting out, her claim to fame is being the daughter of the most famous Afrikaans music promoter. I agree the video is low-budget, but it's probably the best they could do. I just thought that this song is amazing for such unknown and struggling artists.

Top Bottom