Contact us

FSC #80 October - Results: 30th October 2015, 19 CET

Mozz

33upfd0.png

:us: Welcome to Anchorage, Alaska, United States :us:

for the 80th edition of Forum Song Contest

2qvfbzq.png

Anchorage (officially called the Municipality of Anchorage) is a unified home rule municipality in the U.S. State of Alaska.
With an estimated 300,950 residents, it is Alaska's most populous city and contains more than 40 percent of the state's total population.

2yvoy1k.png

oro0w8.png

hvnziw.png

9vhwgo.png

Located next to Town Square Park in downtown Anchorage, the Alaska Center for the Performing Arts is a three-part complex, hosting numerous performing arts events each year.
The facility can accommodate more than 3,000 persons. In 2000, nearly 245,000 people visited 678 public performances.
It is home to eight resident performing arts companies and has featured mega-musicals performed by visiting companies.
Part of the Alaska Center for the Performing Arts is the Atwood Concert Hall, our venue:

242zjme.png

This edition is hosted by two veteran Hollywood stars:
Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy

v8n7gw.png

And here are our 30 contestants:

1. Italy / Dolcenera - Un Peccato
2. United Kingdom / Gareth Emery & Alastor feat. London Thor - Hands
3. Russia / Anzhela London - Golub
4. Mexico / Diego Amoz - Cada Noche
5. Turkey / Güliz Ayla - Olmazsan Olmaz
6. Japan / Kana Nishino - Moshimo Unmei No Hito Ga Iru No Nara
7. Slovenia / Clemens - Vse Bo Kul
8. France / Emji - Lost (Skydancers Remix)
9. Estonia / Meisterjaan - Bambusest Laev
10. Poland / Enej - Dzisiaj Bede Ja

mw5cmu.png

11. Romania / Nicole Cherry feat. Mohombi - Vive La Vida
12. Ukraine / Essami - You Are The One
13. Finland / Chisu - Ihana
14. Australia / Sia - Alive
15. Sweden / Zara Larsson - Lush Life
16. The Netherlands / Sumera - I See You
17. Bulgaria / Mihaela Marinova - Stapka Napred
18. Croatia / Tina Vukov - Suicide Note
19. Austria / Steaming Satellites - Honey
20. Malaysia / Shila Amzah - Zai Jian Bu Zai Jian

10wmr0o.png

21. Indonesia / Aimee Saras - Lenggang Temaram
22. South Africa / Elvis Se Seun & Irene-Louise van Wyk - Jy Speel 'n Game Met My
23. United States / Kiira - Feels
24. Czech Republic / Richard Reynolds - Turn Up!
25. The Philippines / Reo Brothers - Ako'y Tinamaan
26. Norway / Susanne Sundfør - Accelerate
27. Malta / Jonathan Camilleri - Cryonic City
28. Serbia / Nikolija - Opasna Igra
29. Greece / Sakis Rouvas - Radiofona
30. Germany / Sarah Connor - Kommst Du Mit Ihr

10pms0j.png

You can start sending your votes after the evaluation period (11th of October). The vote collector is: Staewi. The voting deadline will be announced later.

Good luck!

aardvark

FSC Mod
Staff member
Re: FSC #80 October - The Show

Thank you Mozz for the very beautiful show. xthank

I'm intrigued by this fascinating destination we have this month, I never expected we would be travelling to Anchorage! xheya

I have encountered 2 technical issues, though:
- The French link is not working for me
- The sound quality on the linked Finnish video is absolutely atrocious. Is there no other video available?

After a quick listen-through of all the songs, I can only say that apart from a few singular exceptions, I am not very impressed. Uber-meh month. :?

busybee

The American song is based on an old song..It's my party by Lesley Gore (1965)..the chorus is the exact same lyrics. I thought that wasn't allowed???

Mozz

The American song is based on an old song..It's my party by Lesley Gore (1965)..the chorus is the exact same lyrics. I thought that wasn't allowed???

The whole song appears different and I didn't recognize the disputable part.

We've had similar cases of these in the past in which samples were allowed.

The mods will discuss the :us: entry.

Mozz

Thank you Mozz for the very beautiful show. xthank

I'm intrigued by this fascinating destination we have this month, I never expected we would be travelling to Anchorage! xheya

I have encountered 2 technical issues, though:
- The French link is not working for me
- The sound quality on the linked Finnish video is absolutely atrocious. Is there no other video available?

After a quick listen-through of all the songs, I can only say that apart from a few singular exceptions, I am not very impressed. Uber-meh month. :?

Thank you.

I've just replaced the French link with one that is known to always work.
The Finnish link was given by the Finnish juror, so I'll have to ask him if he wants it changed.

WhoKnows

OMG? Anchorage? Haha. What a cool destination. Wonder how many folks here have been there. It's a neat town.

Centrix

Congrats Australia! :)

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

:no: For October 2015 Norway goes for a special piece of ‘Dark Cinematic’ Retro Synth-Pop! :D Performer of "Accelerate", and returning to the FSC for Norway, is the popular and highly talented / original Norwegian singer-songwriter and Pop-artist Susanne Sundfør. For more information and promotion of the entry (including lyrics in English) please check out the FSC Norway-thread and the FSC Promotions-thread! Hope you’ll enjoy it!

Great Show, Mozz - and Good luck to all entries this month!
thumb_smiley1.gif

r3gg13

Mozz, thank you for the amazing show! I love the pics you chose, especially the last one! You did our host city a nice justice xyaay

OMG? Anchorage? Haha. What a cool destination. Wonder how many folks here have been there. It's a neat town.

Punny :lol: It's barely 4C/40F there right now! Have you visited Anchorage? or Alasaka?

I think it's one of the most underrated cities in our country. A cruise up Alaska's coast is a popular option, and people who've done it enjoyed it quite nicely. I want to visit. One of my girl friends and I have been talking about wanting to go on a cruise. Perhaps a cruise to Alaska would be a nice solution :)

-----

As for the songs, I think it's a relatively bland month. There are 5 entries that I could see winning, though!

Also, I'm loving :rs:'s entry. Thank you for sending Nikolija with that song. One of her best recent releases xbow

Verjamem

Beautiful show xlove I hope it will be a good edition :)

WhoKnows

Punny :lol: It's barely 4C/40F there right now! Have you visited Anchorage? or Alasaka?

I think it's one of the most underrated cities in our country. A cruise up Alaska's coast is a popular option, and people who've done it enjoyed it quite nicely. I want to visit. One of my girl friends and I have been talking about wanting to go on a cruise. Perhaps a cruise to Alaska would be a nice solution :)

Yeah, I have visited Anchorage. I was surprised by how much I liked it. I'm not surprised it's underrated though. It's so far out of the way for most people. If you've never been to Alaska, I recommend it. The whole state is gorgeous.

eerik

Knew one entry beforehand and listened to few others. Already a lot better month than September.

Mozz

The :us: entry has been updated xcookie.

I think it's a pretty good edition ;)

Hayato

Thanks a lot for the great show!

One thing though, the Japanese link is not actually Nishino Kana singing...it doesn't sound good at all :eek:

Mozz

The :jp: song has a new link :)

Centrix

I apologyze if someone will feel ofended by my comments. It is just first impresion about songs. Nothing is yet decieded. Plus that I am not alone in the Romanian jury. Not only once my favorite song ended with zero points from us or I song that I hated enter in out top 3. So:

Italy - I think that this kind of song works better with the English language. Of course there are some Italian elements, including her voice. But something does not bind. But it's not a very bad choice.

United Kingdom - It is really UK?! I checked the country after the song ended. It is a poor dance track. I hear something similar from years and from many countries. There are so many possibilities to win every FSC edition and you choose to send such an... easy song.

Russia - OMG... No! :lol:

Mexico - I want more passion, more life from Mexico. This song is too straight, with no climb.

Turkey - I like Turkish language in songs and it works good in this song with Greek influences. It has few chances to have some points from me.

Japan - It sound like a song for childs. I would like to hear an ethnic balade from Japan.

Slovenia - A song that I already know. It sounds like a song for ESC in 2000's.

France - Oscillating. When I reach the point to say that I dislike it, in the next second I like it. It ends with a good impression.

Estonia - Estonia knows how to keep "their" public. There are always people to vote for "strange" songs. I personally dislike the song, especially when I know that they have better options to send.

Poland - Enej style. I'm not their fan, but either dislike them. It enter in the fight for my points.

Ukraine - Most of all I love the voice. A pleasant song, a bit oldish. A pretty good choice.

Finland - Chisu can't be a bad choice. It has a chance at my votes.

Australia - The winner of this edition. Some may say that she screm too much, but hey... even then she show what a great voice she has.

Sweden - Sweden can do better choices. This song is not bad, it even has chances at my points, but they are another country that can win every edition. I appreciate that they don't send big names or big hits everytime, but I am sure that they can easily win without hits and big names. The same for UK, USA, Germany or even Australia and Norway.

The Netherlands - That is close to what I want to hear in FSC. Sure it get points from me.

Bulgaria - Any Bulgarian song without chalga starts with a plus. :)

Croatia - Interesting enough. Sure points from me.

Austria - Good draw. It help comming after Croatia. It can have points from me.

Malaysia - I usually vote for them. It is nice enough to have chances at my points.
Indonesia - It is a style that I like. The song is not the best, but it has its chances to my votes.

South Africa - Surprising entry from South Africa. So not their style. There is no chance to lose my points this time. :D

United States - Oh, the jury that won with the superhit Lean on... Well, I appreciated them a lot before for not sending superhits. I will treat it as an accident. :p This cov... song reminds me a lot by another song, a very good one. This is the best point of the song and can be enough to enter in my top. Mean if the mods allow this then why to start to boycott a song that reminds me by something that I adored on its time.

Czech Republic - Congrats for the courage. I'm still not sure how to recieve such an entry. Don't sounds bad at all, but... I don't know.

The Philippines - It sound old, but it gives me a good

Norway - Of course... yes. There is nothing to dislike here. ;)

Malta - The negative is great, but it so needed a voice to sound awesome.

Serbia - I guessed from the first 2 seconds... it is Serbia. Never dislike a song from you, but rarelly entry in my top 5. Again not a top 5, but maybe few points.

Greece - A song that works good enough with me.

Germany - A more modern Sarah Connor. Sure points from me. :)

I will come in few days with my top 15. Again, please forgive me if you felt ofended. I never wanted to do this, but I think that FSC needs posts like this. My English is bad, I'm sure you could do better comments than me.

Top Bottom