Tout c'que j'ai est ici, c'est ma gueule c'est mon cri
Me voilà, me voilà, me voilà
Voilà, voilà, voilà, voilà
Voilà​

Last edited by a moderator:

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
On first listen On a Manger le Soleil is my favourite but some very entertaining entries. I appreciate the quality of Voila but don’t like it at all , too dramatic and don’t get the frenzied support. hope France goes for something upbeat.
This xbow

btw if you all didn't know, On a Mangé le Soleil talks about overconsumption and human's gluttony ;) All along he sings about the things he bought one year and changed the next. And the chorus couldn't be clearer : "We ate the stars, we ate the sky, and we're still hungry, so we're going to eat the moon, quarter after quarter"

Mainshow

Veteran
Can someone confirm both starting and ending time of the show? I'm reading different things.

30th January, 21:05-23:35
source: tvtoday.de/programm/standard/sendung/eurovision-france-cest-vous-qui-decidez-_600952338189651233baa31e.html

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Nakamura's videos on YouTube have millions of views, and her songs have millions of streams on Spotify. She has released 3 albums so far. Saying that she doesn't have an audience in France is just laughable.

Last edited:

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Nakamura's videos on YouTube have millions of views, and she has released 3 albums so far. Saying that she doesn't have an audience in France is just laughable.
Sorry, but I think I have a better grasp than you about how Aya's popularity is. It's my freaking country after all.
Of course she has millions views, her songs are spammed every summer. But 1) many foreigners actually like her, so her views aren't exclusively French and 2) like I said it's not because people listen to her and can like some of her songs that they really support her. I'm not saying she's hated (not anymore anyway) but she definitely isn't in the good grace of the casual French person. Her popularity lies mostly in the 12-25 range, and even then you can find many that will tell you they don't like her at all as an artist.

And for the record : I don't dislike her, not anymore anyway. Hey, I spent two months dancing on Jolie Nana at the end of the day at my summer job. But it's actually a great example of how Aya is appreciated : not too much, just sometimes for the fun.

Mrm

Veteran
Andriamad acoustic! xheart
I love Andriamad – "Alléluia"! :)

crashworld

Veteran
I have managed to take a proper listen to the songs in the NF on Spotify for the past couple of days and watched the press conference performances.

Here are my ranking (pre-"live" performances, which I know will be a game changer due to the staging, vocals and presentations of the songs):

Actually the songs are pretty on par to me, I don't detest any of it. And the ones from no. 3 to no. 10 are interchangeable for me.
I personally feel that the songs in this year's national finals are pretty strong. I enjoy at least half of the songs.

And some songs are in direct competition with each other, so I can see they are fighting for the same votes:
- Juliette Moraine vs Barbara Pravi (female emotional and powerful French ballads)
- LMK vs Philippine (sassy and strong women-empowerment tracks)
- Casanova vs Cephaz (laid-back yet catchy tracks)
- Terence James vs Ali vs PONY X (modern dance/pop tracks)
- Andriamad vs 21 Juin Le Duo vs AMUI (co-ed groups with cultural/ethnic influenced tracks)

Last edited:

krivac

I don't like Voila. It's a typical boring French Ballad for me. Tutti or withdraw

A-lister

Veteran
I still think they should give Tom another chance to represent France next year and just let him do his own songwritting without engaging that shitty JL.

Agreed! I'd happy to have Tom again (if only for eye candy ;)) and with the right entry I think he could do well.

Looren

Veteran
Agreed! I'd happy to have Tom again (if only for eye candy ;)) and with the right entry I think he could do well.

I really hope that he'll come back, he's my favorite French singer and his 2020 song was a masterpiece

• Fuego
Reactions: Mrm

Looren

Veteran
Goosh I loved France 2020, but original version, not a later revamp (more acoustic)...

I loved all the version haha

But my favorite was the last one (the one that should've compete to ESC), it was an underrated masterpiece

A-lister

Veteran
I really hope that he'll come back, he's my favorite French singer and his 2020 song was a masterpiece

He's entry was pure cheese, slightly better in the second version but still something I'd rather forget about... Although I must say to its defense it wasn't the worst entry of 2020 like many think, but on the other hand 2020 was a pretty weak edition.

However I think Tom himself got potential, he just wasn't given the right entry.

Looren

Veteran
He's entry was pure cheese, slightly better in the second version but still something I'd rather forget about... Although I must say to its defense it wasn't the worst entry of 2020 like many think, but on the other hand 2020 was a pretty weak edition.

However I think Tom himself got potential, he just wasn't given the right entry.

"pure cheese" sounds like winner to me :lol:

FRFanESC

LMK has just released her music video 5 minutes ago (the original version, not the ESC one) :

harey

@Edweis I don't agree with you, Aya is really popular in France. Of course if "casual French people" means white people she isn't as popular as other artists. But she is under-represented in French media because they don't like her style (it's considered as trash), that doesn't mean that she isn't popular... For example kpop isn't represented at all in medias and you can easily spend your life easily not listening to it but it is still a popular music style here.

___

I hope that On a mangé le soleil will win and I'm not sure that Voilà will get a good televote score because it sounds appealing for foreigners but French audience doesn't seem interested in that style of old classic French music (for example I don't think that Igit or Sylvan Areg got good televote figures?). I however think that she'll do good with jury.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
@Edweis I don't agree with you, Aya is really popular in France. Of course if "casual French people" means white people she isn't as popular as other artists. But she is under-represented in French media because they don't like her style (it's considered as trash), that doesn't mean that she isn't popular... For example kpop isn't represented at all in medias and you can easily spend your life easily not listening to it but it is still a popular music style here.

But that's the problem. Yes she has an audience, but the fact she isn't represented just shows you how general public opinion on her is low. That what my posts were about. Foreigners tend to think we all love Aya while it isn't the truth. Try to think about how many people in your entourage do. Personally none of my friend do while they're not music elitist, and we'restill on the target audience.

I know France has one of the biggest, or the biggest, Kpop audience outside Asia, but it's still very niche. As you said, most of the people never heard of it or dislike it, I wouldn't call that popular then.

Last edited:
Top Bottom