16 9.3%

54 31.4%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
France-scaled.jpg

BorisBubbles

Veteran
"The best in me" isn't boring. It's so much worse than that.

It's OFFENSIVE. Dull, soulless, old-fashioned, cliché, unoriginal piece of trash that only people over 65 (and Citelis, apparently) like. Get the fuck out of my Eurovision Song Contest. N O W.

Mrm

Veteran
Do not dare to change the entry, you hear me?!?!
I will make a serious mess in Rotterdam otherwise.. xgaah xgaah
Surrie incident will look nth compare tor this! xgaah

opinionsigotem

She wasn't touted as this game-changing entry nor it took itself so seriously. It was more genuine that this one. Both should suffer the same fate tho. FLOP.

Also Anna could (and thankfully did) get eliminated in the semis whereas this just feels like a millstone around the contest's neck dragging the whole thing down

Marvelous

Not a single serious question, I'm dying.😂

My favourite one being : 'Are you a sore loser ? Let's hope not'

Mrm

Veteran
For me as a fan from a country which competes in semi, it is the same I don't mind...i threat them equally....

DirtyFalcon

Can moderation come here and something here ? Because the behaviour of some people here is more than disgusting. Do people know the word respect ? You can dislike a song but stop being so rude like this. Did your parents gave you education or ? Some reactions are really violent. You have absolutely no respect for the artists, the composers , the country . Fortunately you are behind a screen so you can say the most dumb things. When I dislike or even hate a song from a country, i am never rude like this.

You guys seems to treat singers like dogs and shit. But they are human after all.
I dont recognize the community I've decided to join few years ago. A lot of eurofans are more and more unpleasant every year.
About Tom song, of course you can dislike the song if you think so but without doing drama and being so insultant its far better

Mrm

Veteran
Eurofans.. *cough* *cough*
Ask me why Im not in local clubs any more..

Alaska49

you are damn right i have no respect for anyone involved with this song rofl. why should i? put them in front of me in person and i would say that. i'm not going to sit here and be "oh but everyone tries hard and does their best, flurm florm" about the world's most cynical and soulless song. NO.

Ezio

Veteran
"The best in me" isn't boring. It's so much worse than that.

It's OFFENSIVE. Dull, soulless, old-fashioned, cliché, unoriginal piece of trash that only people over 65 (and Citelis, apparently) like. Get the fuck out of my Eurovision Song Contest. N O W.

Eurovision dies when a country like France buys a song like this from Sweden

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Bless, you have a singer-songwriter on your hands with a career to his name, and what do you do? You go to Sweden of course for a Thomas G:son and Peter Boström special, with lyrics carefully penned by loveable Eurovision starlet, John Lundvik. I wasn't even looking forward to this song. In fact, I was ready to endure some level of discomfort as Tom's kind of gentle indie pop folk is an allergy of mine, but now I feel bad for all the people who were looking forward to it, especially @Gera11. Come here..

tenor.gif

It's just a big lump of cheese. I've been reading a lot of Bigger Than Us comparisons, and honestly I don't think it's quite at that level of unbearable. Tom at least has a nice, strangely suitable for the song voice. The 3 minutes I spent with it didn't kill me off but it's another case of our contest robbing an artist of their identity. How hard would it have been to have just gone to Tom and said "Hey, write us a lovely song for Eurovision and do us the honours of singing it for our country"? Too much of an ask I suppose.

4 Points from me.

Mainshow

Veteran
You guys seems to treat singers like dogs and shit. But they are human after all.

This is a reach. Actually, most users who dislike the French entry state that they fancy Tom, like his voice or expected something genuine and authentic. People level criticism on the song, the song choice, the composers for coming up with a VERY dated and formulaic entry and we have every right to do so.

It's not the concept of a forum to mute comments you don't like because you can't agree with them.

tuorem

you are damn right i have no respect for anyone involved with this song rofl. why should i? put them in front of me in person and i would say that. i'm not going to sit here and be "oh but everyone tries hard and does their best, flurm florm" about the world's most cynical and soulless song. NO.

There you go, we're listening. :LOL:

tomas-gson-portrait-500x500.jpg

DirtyFalcon

This is a reach. Actually, most users who dislike the French entry state that they fancy Tom, like his voice or expected something genuine and authentic. People level criticism on the song, the song choice, the composers for coming up with a VERY dated and formulaic entry and we have every right to do so.

It's not the concept of a forum to mute comments you don't like because you can't agree with them.

A forum is a online place where you can share your thoughts but there are a bit of rules. Again you speak about the song but it's not a matter of song or anything else. You have low or high expectations it's a fact. But i can't believe you support the fact people insult the artists (i even see sometimes insulting the families of the singers).

some just insult to let off steam but can't find a way to have constructive criticism

harey

I surely overreacted but I have nothing against Tom Leeb and I hope he will not get harassed and overwhelmed by all this bad reactions. I'm sorry if my words were harsh, you are right.

Mainshow

Veteran
Seriously, I fail to see why anyone can be offended by all the negative comments this song gets. I have never seen a Eurovision entry and how it got selected which deserved a shitstorm more than "The Best In Me" recently.

tenor.gif

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Lol if you think I wouldn't say what I had written in the presence of the French delegation, then you don't know me at all. I would *absolutely* and *deliberately* say it to the faces. The French have embraced mediocrity and need to be told about themselves.

It's my last place so far. Not because I HAAAAATE it (lol there is ~nothing~ to hate, but fiery anger is preferable to an emotional void), but on the principle of it. It's France. France had a renaissance. They had a window were they sent daring, brilliant entries, one after the other.

Now they've gone back to their spiel of bland, hopeless entries that enver go anywhere.

It's disappointing because they can do better and just won't. Ridiculous.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Bless, you have a singer-songwriter on your hands with a career to his name, and what do you do? You go to Sweden of course for a Thomas G:son and Peter Boström special, with lyrics carefully penned by loveable Eurovision starlet, John Lundvik. I wasn't even looking forward to this song. In fact, I was ready to endure some level of discomfort as Tom's kind of gentle indie pop folk is an allergy of mine, but now I feel bad for all the people who were looking forward to it, especially @Gera11. Come here..

tenor.gif

It's just a big lump of cheese. I've been reading a lot of Bigger Than Us comparisons, and honestly I don't think it's quite at that level of unbearable. Tom at least has a nice, strangely suitable for the song voice. The 3 minutes I spent with it didn't kill me off but it's another case of our contest robbing an artist of their identity. How hard would it have been to have just gone to Tom and said "Hey, write us a lovely song for Eurovision and do us the honours of singing it for our country"? Too much of an ask I suppose.

4 Points from me.

I've been waiting all day for your response. Was not disappointed.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
LOL. Somewhere in Bermuda Will Young and Clay Aiken are cry-fucking about not getting this song handed to them in 2003. It is truly dreadful but I think if this were a weaker Eurovision year I would be able to develop a detached, cynical, ironic appreciation for it. A shame that it's stuck in 2020 where i can just safely tuck it away and never think about it until May.

Top Bottom