16 9.3%

54 31.4%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
France-scaled.jpg

Mainshow

Veteran
It's a JURY song. Do you understand that ? With great staging, this could have a decent result

By denying your own identity and sacrifing your dignity for finishing #19/20 (thanks to a #10 to 15 placing with the juries but finishing last/second-to-last in the televoting). Congrats, I guess?

FRFanESC

Waiting for the performance tonight, I suggest you to listen again to the hit of the FRENCH QUEEN with 32M views :

"ET CA FAIT BIM BAM BOUM !"😍

Remembrance

Could you imagine Italy to have a song written by Swedes?
No, 'cause they know what they are doing!
I'm quite dissapointed in France... this is not good, merely fine, but rather generic.

Shame...
I suggest to bring back 'Destination Eurovision', or a different French Head Of Delegation.

FilipFromSweden

I actually like it. I don’t love it or anything but it’s much better than most of the songs already chosen such as Italy and Armenia. Great voice!

:7: or :8:

HayashiM

Veteran
Waiting for the performance tonight, I suggest you to listen again to the hit of the FRENCH QUEEN with 32M views :

"ET CA FAIT BIM BAM BOUM !"😍

Just send Carla tbh. I know she can't compete for the reasons of age and this already being a JESC entry, but bollocks to that, try sending her anyway :D

Schlagerman1

This was a let down...France that I have loved more or less the whole last part of the last decade...and this is so sleepy....
Sounds like a song written to Westlife in 2004 maybe...but worse and more clichée...
Sadly, France is going down to the bottom of the list, after being a certain top 5 country for many years in a row. :(

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
The song is written by Thomas G:son, Peter Boström and John Lundvik

200.gif

I wanted (and expected) a cute indie/alternative song and instead I got a regurgitated Lundvik ballad (who I hate for both his entry and his whatever was that supposed to be from UK in 2019). It sounds so old-fashioned and cheesy (the worst kind even, the one that takes itself way too seriously). This is a Moldova level of ballad, France!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhh.

Shame on you, France. The biggest letdown I had in years in Eurovision. I wish you could've DNQ but money speaks, sadly. What a waste of an artist like Tom Leeb.

2 points. Even the clownery is more interesting than this.

hijirio

Veteran
I don't really hate it, cuz basically there's nothing to hate, but at the same time there's nothing to enjoy either, it's the most lukewarm song I heard this year.

What pisses me off is how they hyped this as the only option they had, whereas I'm pretty sure this song wouldn't make it to top 5 in the competitive DE 2018 and DE 2019. Do they live in a parallel universe where this kind of music is still considered competitive in a music contest?

Mrm

Veteran
Now seriously, I dont understand such a hate towards this entry... Listening it again and the composition is REALLY good... It builds so interesting.. I discover smth New each time I listen to it... :)
Please do not change it...

Citelis

Now seriously, I dont understand such a hate towards this entry... Listening it again and the composition is REALLY good... It builds so interesting.. I discover smth New each time I listen to it... :)
Please do not change it...
It's simple! The song is very good and has potential.

• Like It
Reactions: Mrm

Mrm

Veteran
Anna Odobescu didn't have such marks in the poll last year, come on... :/

hijirio

Veteran
Chingiz last year was also given a song in a genre totally different from what he generally sings in, but it was for the sake of being relevant and competitive in a music contest.

In Tom's case, denying his musical identity is not even worth it at all. I'd choose any of his yawny guitar ballads over what we are presented today, it would at least be him being him, and 10 years later he wouldn't remember Eurovision 2020 as a cringy memory he wants to forget, which I think will definitely be the case if he does not change the song until May.

This is the worst French entry since 2007. I don't think anyone will pick up their votes and vote for this.

I spared my first place for France, such a let down to place it on the very bottom now.

HayashiM

Veteran
People are giving 0s for the way it got selected and not for the song itself! Unfair! :(

I don't know about others, but I am trashing it because it got hyped as a potential ESC winner that made the HoD forget about everything else... And yet most of last year's DE is better in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I am one of those probably very rare people who actually enjoy Bigger than Us to some extent. But at least Michael had to win his own domestic televote.

Alexandra OTOH seems like the kind of corporate manager who believes you can market and lie your way through anything. The "I know everything the best, though I actually don't know a thing" vibes. The song itself maybe isn't a complete and utter distaster, most people will probably find something even worse this year, but it's the attitude of pretending you have something that's gonna change the world when you clearly don't, that makes me really really angry about this.

Mrm

Veteran
France 2020 >>>>>> Norway 2020
That is for me... In my book..

It is just Norway is typical ESC formula ballad and it works for majority...

I prefer this formula... :)

Citelis

I don't know about others, but I am trashing it because it got hyped as a potential ESC winner that made the HoD forget about everything else... And yet most of last year's DE is better in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I am one of those probably very rare people who actually enjoy Bigger than Us to some extent. But at least Michael had to win his own domestic televote.

Alexandra OTOH seems like the kind of corporate manager who believes you can market and lie your way through anything. The "I know everything the best, though I actually don't know a thing" vibes. The song itself maybe isn't a complete and utter distaster, most people will probably find something even worse this year, but it's the attitude of pretending you have something that's gonna change the world when you clearly don't, that makes me really really angry about this.
Well i didn't knew that people tried to promote it as contender for the win. Surely if someone was waiting the winning song of the year from France then it's normal that he/she is disappointed now!

HayashiM

Veteran
Well i didn't knew that people tried to promote it as contender for the win. Surely if someone was waiting the winning song of the year from France then it's normal that he/she is disappointed now!
I wasn't personally expecting any superb and straight out winner material, but I still expected better after the "the entry we got is so so good we forgot about everything else and absolutely had to choose it" ;)

Top Bottom