19 11.6%

13 7.9%

13 7.9%

12 7.3%

8 4.9%

21 12.8%

• Total voters

ESCada

I honestly think that the lyrics are better than Spain and there is something more sophisticated and of better quality than Say yay yay yay yay...... Finland's got this duel.

Terence

Had this in my head all week! Certainly catchy and very Jessie-J!

Kaz

I was going to vote for Finland, but then I remembered that we're in the semi-finals now...I hope they qualify. Even if they do, I still can't vote for them because I'm camping on the morning of the final so I won't be able to watch Eurovision. xcryxcryxcry

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Terrible. I don't hand out 0 points that often and I try to give all songs 12-1 points, but this doesn't even deserve 1 point. :?

Kairit

This has actually grown on me a lot... It's nearly in my top 10. It's one of the ones I actually want to listen to. :D The chorus is memorable and catchy and the song over-all is good quality as well and flows nicely.

cegs5

I honestly think that the lyrics are better than Spain and there is something more sophisticated and of better quality than Say yay yay yay yay...... Finland's got this duel.

I agree with you, however "Say yay" has catchy chorus while "Sing it away" is somehow forgettable. Plus, the Spanish entry is already working on the footwork to make it more remarkable even, annoying or enjoyable, the point is that after three minutes on stage the song must to give an impact and I'm afraid "Sing it away" lacks of it.

Joni

I probably have said this before but they are working on remixes of this song - and I wish that one of those remixes will be the actual entry, not this original one. We will need better than this to qualify.

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
I probably have said this before but they are working on remixes of this song - and I wish that one of those remixes will be the actual entry, not this original one. We will need better than this to qualify.

Yeah, a new song and a new singer and you might have a shot at qualification.

crazymonster

I think they didn't like this song. The entry is so out of date... it's not really bad but... According YouTube "Sing it away" is not very popular in Finland.

Finland Top 50 Music Chart

crazymonster

I bet most people in Finland think that choosing this song was a mistake. Once again.

How they made this mistake? Its sad.

Femmina

I bet most people in Finland think that choosing this song was a mistake. Once again.

And those most people would've think that Saara would've been the better choice, not Mikael. ;) So this way it's better. Although I still think many thinks it's a good choice for ESC, since she's sounding the most international and the song is suitable for radio (I don't agree with this "tactic" myself that it's the best way however)

And why once again? There were lots of supporters for PKN last year. Fans is a different case, but that's such small community anyway.

Anyway, she's not doing THAT bad. On official downloading chart of Finland (which counts together all Finnish music selling places), she came last week as 8th. And that doesn't often happen with UMK songs. ;)
http://www.ifpi.fi/tilastot/virallinen-lista/latauslista/2016/9

And even that youtube placing isn't that bad, IMO. Considering the fact that UMK isn't popular in Finland anyway. No matter what song we would've chosen, it would've not get major amount of streams.

Mattan

How they made this mistake? Its sad.

Well, the Finnish public put Sandhja third, the juries gave her the win. Who knows what the public reaction would've been to the public's favourite and second favourite, but we'll never know that. She's not doing terribly in the charts, though, UMK isn't exactly the most popular show here.

Joni

And those most people would've think that Saara would've been the better choice, not Mikael. ;)

Either one of them would have been a better choice than this one because in their own ways they stand out - this does not.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
I think Saara and especially Mikael got the first 2 places in the televoting only because they have the biggest fanbases. Especially Mikael who is always overrated no matter what he sings. Even if he had sung "Woki mit deim Popo", his fans would've drooled over him. Therefore, if we exclude them and pretend they didn't participate in UMK, Sandhja has won the televoting.

crazymonster

Mine favourite was "POM_POM_POM"... but onestly, I expected rock song from Finland.

MyHeartIsYours

The studio version sounds slightly better, but the chorus still lets this entry down massively. 3 points.

Kaz

Sandhja replied to my comment on Instagram. xup #starstruck

Top Bottom