Contact us

Favourite song that didn't make it to Duesseldorf

Mickey

We've now had the last of the national finals. This was the first ESC where I've watched other countries' preselections. I haven't seen every entry, because I'm still clinging to the idea of saving something for May 14th.

From what I've seen, the national final watching experience has been one of crushing disappointment. Every time there seems to have been at least one brilliant entry that was a sure-fire hit for Duesseldorf, which then wasn't selected.

So which crushing disappointment was the biggest? Who are you going to miss the most? Which country has the worst taste in music?

Could we also just keep it to two or three picks at the most? I'd much rather read about why someone likes a certain entry more than others than read a big long list of every national preselection with your preferred winners.

sannerz

Belarus obviously has the worst taste in music.
I'm disappointed in Italy's selection.

But I am MOST disappointed in Sweden.
Sanna with "I'm In Love" should have been selected.

busybee

My biggest disappointment was Italy. Bastardo was an excellent song. Another one was Austria, I liked Oida Taunz very much. Finally in Germany I was hoping for Push Forward :)

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Trackshittaz would easily be my favourite entry and the song they actually selected is terrible so that was a huge disappointment.

Also, if it counts, the Dutch version of Never Alone.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Actually tha majority of countries Chosenthe "wrong" song. (and by wrong I am referring to mybtaste only)
Some examples:

Slovenia - should have went with "time for revolution". I don't like the winning song at all
Sweden - most entries would have been better. Linda, swing fly, the moniker, Sara, sanna just to name a few
Ireland - can't even begin to understand how the jedwards were chosen over that pretty ballad that came second.
Norway - the winning song just doesn't do it for me but Norway always ends up picking the wrong song IMO. "depend on me" ftw
Portugal - I think we all agree that pretty much everything else in the nf was better than the winning song
Israel - one of the weakest song thisnyear to me and they hadbthree songsnwith a lot of potential. Biggest bummer of 2011
Germany - I loooooved "push forward" and just find TBAS average.
Austria - trackshittaz rocked and would have stood out.

These are just a few examples and I didn't even watchnevery nf

r3gg13

For me it was
Iceland- Nott by Yohanna
Portugal- Sobrevivo by Carla Moreno, and the song by Nuno Ponte (sooo close to winning)
Ukraine- Kukushka by Zlata

Mickey

Sorry, Quent. Trackshittaz is my favourite too. They were the only reason I watched the Austrian national final. I love the song and they're hugely entertaining performers. Judging by the huge number of fans they have here, they would have been near certainty to get a top ten finish.

I was a little concerned that they wouldn't be as good as a pair as Lukas is on his own, but Manix really added a lot to the performance. He gave a more grounded contrast to Lukas's showmanship and he made riding a plastic toy tractor look effing badass.

CPV4931

Greece - I dont wanna dance
Armenia - Ayo
Switzerland - Just me
Germany - Maybe

Bojan

Loreen in Sweden had the best song in this whole NF season for ESC for me.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
For Sweden, my personal favorite was "Oh My God" by The Moniker. Linda Bengtzing was great too, though it was way too similar to "Listen To Your Heartbeat". I also loved Nicke Borg and Brolle but they probably wouldn't have done well at all.

ohnoyoudidnt

Not to be patriotic or anything (cause I really am not) but had Sweden sent Loreen we could've won the whole damn ESC. I truly believe that's what would've happened.
Well, well.. can't have everything.

Michelangelo

For Sweden, my personal favorite was "Oh My God" by The Moniker.

Really? Oh my god! The love for this is totally beyond me I'm afraid.

My own favourite Swedish song this year is Lucky You by Linda Sundblad. I'm not sure how well it would do in the big Eurovision, but I love it. It's a very catchy song! It definately deserved a better placing.

ParadiseES

Linda Bentzing in Sweden, Jamala in Ukraine, Nikki in Greece and some of the Slovenian entries were very good, but I like more the final choices from all those countries :)

Top Bottom