Contact us

Fave TV Series and shows

hugh

This is a HUGE news story in the UK atm, the first female Doctor.

I love Doctor Who, especially the David Tennant (10th Doctor) and Rose Tyler era, but this new first female doctor is already very controversial for a lot of people, hopefully it won't be a disaster.

Dodiih

My all-time favourites:

Supernatural
Sherlock (BBC)
Plebs
Friday Night Dinner
Prison Break
The Vampire Diaries

xheart xheart xheart

EscGeek

Veteran
"Bojack Horseman" anyone?:p
latest

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
I'm a huge fan of Rachel Bloom's musical projects and even put one of her songs in a WorldVision NF long ago. However, for whatever reason, it's taken me until very recently to watch her television series Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. It is funny, heartwarming, and creative - the show's not for everyone (it's a musical, for starters), but if you're a fan of slice-of-life comedies, it's really quite great. Here's a song from the show - it's not particularly representative of the music you get but makes me laugh.

Chorizo

I'm currently watching Babylon Berlin, which I really like. I rarely watch German TV shows but this one is really good.
Babylon_05-640x400.jpg

The show is set in 1929.

I also really like this song from the series:
The singer's Russian accent makes it sound even more interesting. Or is it a Lithuanian accent? xthink

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
512w7rG43AL._SX324_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

xbow totally into this series atm. Season 1 was released last year, and Season 2 started a few weeks ago in USA and starts in a couple of days in UK. Ofc I've been watching the US releases. For anyone who doesn't know, it's set in a Dystopian USA where a Christian fundamentalist police state is established. Pollution and climate change has made a lot of people infertile so in this new country, the few fertile women left are rounded up and forced to carry babies for the 'elite' families in the new country. I wont spoil any more, but it's worth a watch. :D

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Omg season 2 started? xfaint great

Yes, episode 5 is out for season 2. It doesn't start in the UK until the 20th of this month, so i'm thankful for Kodi. :lol:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
[MENTION=12078]AshleyWright[/MENTION] wow, that looks great and terribly chilling. I just watched a trailer. I'm not an avid watcher of tv shows that come in seasons. I've only watched a few over the years, namely Rosemary and Thyme, Twin Peaks and Under The Dome (for god knows what reason as it wasn't too hot that one). I don't really have the attention for them, but The Handmaid's Tale does look interesting. Super twisted actually. I bet it gets quite uncomfortable to watch.

I signed up for a Netflix trial a couple of months ago so that I could enjoy this season of RuPaul's Drag Race in nice quality rather than potato, but I also took this opportunity to finally watch a cartoon i'd been interested in seeing for quite a while called Rick and Morty. I binge watched all three seasons and adored it. It's like Back to the Future meets Futurama. So funny but also had a very crude sense of humour that's not for everyone.

5301f07edcdd754ad9d5c1e7a4b0297a.gif

giphy.gif

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
^ Oh great, I love Rick and Morty! :D Though I've only watched random episodes on Comedy Central :lol:

In the past month or so (oh god), I fell down the "War of the Roses" rabbit hole. It all started from my desire to play a more historical accurate campaign in Europa Universalis 4. Sooo, I've been watching these:

new_WQS1.jpg

Princess-in-blog-2.jpg

And of course, The Tudors (which I almost finished, just one more Catherine to go)

TUDORS4.JPG

Even though they aren't super accurate (they are historical fiction, not documentaries, after all), I recommend all three if you're into historical settings ^^ I wish they made one for the reigns of Edward VI, Mary I and Elizabeth ofc. (hopefully in the futuuuureeee)

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
[MENTION=12078]AshleyWright[/MENTION] wow, that looks great and terribly chilling. I just watched a trailer. I'm not an avid watcher of tv shows that come in seasons. I've only watched a few over the years, namely Rosemary and Thyme, Twin Peaks and Under The Dome (for god knows what reason as it wasn't too hot that one). I don't really have the attention for them, but The Handmaid's Tale does look interesting. Super twisted actually. I bet it gets quite uncomfortable to watch.

I wouldn't say it's uncomfortable as such, but I guess a bit twisted is the right choice of words as the values and laws they follow are something we never will accept as right. If you're interested then I'd definitely watch them. I just find the whole concept of it really weird but interesting also. Also the story unravels from the main characters POV so you don't get the full details on what happened unless she learns it at some point. You only know what she knows. Also the acting is great in it, there is two characters in particular you can view as cruel and hate but also feel sympathy for them and somewhat like them.

SPOILER ON SHOW

Really, I could discuss it endlessly. But it's really good, watch it.

FitzyUK

Just finished 13 reasons why season 2, very good but at the same time wouldnt suggest watching it if you are light hearted as there is a lot of disturbing and depressing parts.

MyHeartIsYours

In the past month or so (oh god), I fell down the "War of the Roses" rabbit hole. It all started from my desire to play a more historical accurate campaign in Europa Universalis 4. Sooo, I've been watching these:

Even though they aren't super accurate (they are historical fiction, not documentaries, after all), I recommend all three if you're into historical settings ^^ I wish they made one for the reigns of Edward VI, Mary I and Elizabeth ofc. (hopefully in the futuuuureeee)
I absolutely loved The Tudors (was obsessed with it when it was out haha). Some people said that JRM wasn't a believable King Henry VIII however I think his was a great portrayal - some people just always think that Henry was always angry and overweight all his life but he had been very athletic and his first marriage lasted over 20 years! This series was definitely my favourite of all the many portrayals of the Tudors.

Series 2 and 4 were my favourites I think, I love Anne Boleyn and the Catherine Howard/Thomas Culpepper story was so :eek:

And special mention for Max Brown lol ;)
2737930_640.jpg

I thought The White Queen was quite good too, though I couldn't get into The White Princess as much (I think because they were mostly the same characters but changed in the actors, it was hard to keep up with who everyone was lol).

It drives me nuts when people say that historical dramas aren't accurate lol, they are supposed to be focused on entertainment value rather than accuracy. I'm into history and I think the dramas are great because they make the history more accessible to people who probably wouldn't otherwise know!

Chorizo

Recently I've finally watched Deutschland 83, a show from 2015. It's another great German TV show and the third one I've watched in recent months after Dark and Babylon Berlin. I liked them all. Before watching these shows, I hadn't watched any new German TV show in a long time. I watched the Das Boot miniseries from the 1980s some time ago on Netflix but that has been it for many years. I think the second season, titled Deutschland 86, will be released this year.

The show is about an East German spy who is sent to West Germany to infiltrate the Bundeswehr and NATO during the nuclear arms race of the Cold War.

For some reason, the intros of the German version and the American version are completely different:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
OH LORD JESUS, The season 2 finale of the Handmaids tale had me like this:

giphy.gif

Who else is watching it? This has legit become my favourite tv series of all time, WHAT AN ENDING. I don't want to spoil it for anyone but omg I've never felt so emotional at a season ending and i have a whole new level of respect for Serena. The entire episode had me captivated and on the edge of my seat. SEASON 3, THINGS WILL BE COMING. xbow

Nicholas123

OH LORD JESUS, The season 2 finale of the Handmaids tale had me like this:

giphy.gif

Who else is watching it? This has legit become my favourite tv series of all time, WHAT AN ENDING. I don't want to spoil it for anyone but omg I've never felt so emotional at a season ending and i have a whole new level of respect for Serena. The entire episode had me captivated and on the edge of my seat. SEASON 3, THINGS WILL BE COMING. xbow

Ok, you convinced me to start watching it! xrofl2 I really hope it's as good y're saying it is! xcheer

I watched the first episode of this one yesterday.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Ok, you convinced me to start watching it! xrfol2 I really hope it's as good y're saying it is! xcheer

If you don't like it i'm gonna have to murder you xo

Seriously though, it's been getting super amazing reviews and season 2 is arguably better than 1, which isn't usually the case. I do know some people though who don't like it much and can't get into it. It's such a crazy version of America and such a great story line with the characters developing over time and the 'layers' of their lives coming off, you better think it's great. Keep me updated. :cool:

watched the first episode of this one yesterday.

Woah this looks interesting and somewhat spooky, is it any good?

Nicholas123

Don't worry, you are not the only one who's praising "The Handmaids tale", a couple of friends of mine have also told me many good things about it. But you know... so many good series...so little time. I just finished the 1st season of "Big Little Lies"... Great!

About "Sharp objects", it is based on Gillian Flynn's (the writer of "Gone Girl") homonym book, which is fucking great. However, the series has just started and it will be conlcuded in 7 weeks from now. Only the first episode is available to watch right now. It started off promising. I have to wait to watch more of it to decide! :D

Top Bottom