Contact us

Fave TV Series and shows

EscGeek

Veteran

SaladBreak

K%C3%B6sem-3.jpg

I want to see Season 2 so baaad, but can't find it anywhere in (at least) English xcry

You'll have more luck finding it in Romanian than in English. For example, there is a site that translates all the popular Turkish series in Serbian, but with a small delay. Maybe there's something like that in Romanian.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
You'll have more luck finding it in Romanian than in English. For example, there is a site that translates all the popular Turkish series in Serbian, but with a small delay. Maybe there's something like that in Romanian.

From what I searched, the only episodes that were translated in Romanian were the ones that were already on TV (the entire season 1) :(

Ritararita

I am more a film maniac than series-watcher, but since lately there were some tv series unusually popular among the Czech audience, I was curious about them and watched one after another. Expectedly, some of them turned out to be not so special, but I would highlight three really good ones:

Pustina (Wasteland), 2016:

This 8-part mini-series about a dysfunctional family living in some unspecified industrial shithole, whose teenage daughter goes missing under mysterious circumstances, was the best critically received out of the three, although I think it´s ironically the most conventional one in terms of storytelling. But it is one of those cases when sophisticated form wins over substance. Wasteland has a great dark atmosphere, clever mind-twisting cliffhangers, perfect actors very often cast against their usual type and therefore forced to find some new, creative way how to portray their characters instead of usual repeating what was once successful (that´s a very frequent problem with Czech actors and probably actors in general), which makes the characters really unpredictable on the basis of "good guys and bad guys" profiling. Stripped off of all the formal qualities, it would have been just another murder mystery/social drama, but as it is, it´s pretty damn exciting. 8/10

Kosmo ("Cosmic" or "Askew", depends on interpretation), 2016

In the best traditions of Czech dadaisic comedies like I Killed Einstein, Gentlemen or Tomorrow I´ll Wake Up and Scald Myself with Tea, this 5-part "situation tragedy" tells the story of a group of clueless Czech astronauts, who must overcome all kinds of mostly bureaucratical, financial and political obstacles and land on the Moon, to fulfill a megalomaniac plan of Czech Minister of Education, Youth and Astronautics (who was meanwhile declared insane and put in a madhouse) to make Czech Republic famous. From the trailer it doesn´t look like that, but this is a rare case of comedy which offers something insanely funny literally in every single scene. 9/10

Svět pod hlavou (The World Under His Head), 2017

A weird-sounding hybrid of crime fiction, comedy, romance, political thriller and urban fantasy, this is a story about a present-day police investigator who ends up in a coma after a car accident, and in his comatose fantasy, he "wakes up" 35 years earlier, in the middle of communist Czechoslovakia, governed by completely different laws. There he must solve several criminal cases, each of them giving him some clue for solution of the biggest "case" linked to members of his family, which eventually allows him to escape this parallel reality inside of his head. Since this series was announced to be a remake of British series Life on Mars, I was quite skeptical and thought it could lost a lot in translation. But Jesus, how wrong I was. It´s actually very loose adaptation and sooo much better than the original that I wouldn´t believe it´s possible. I certainly hope ČT won´t be lazy and will try to sell it to other countries, because this inconspicuous puzzle-plot masterpiece has a huge potential for much bigger market. 10/10

Grinch

K%C3%B6sem-3.jpg

I want to see Season 2 so baaad, but can't find it anywhere in (at least) English xcry

I'm Turkish and I don't know this :)

Lately I'm obsessed with

13-Reasons-Why.jpg

It's unbelievable how little things (we think) can cause horrible consequences.

Nicholas123

13-Reasons-Why.jpg

It's unbelievable how little things (we think) can cause horrible consequences.

omg i just finished watching this and i think it was a complete waste of time. :oops:

First of all, i disliked Hanna's character so much, i thought she was such a narcissistic girl. Furthermore, i completely disagree with the indirect glorification of such a serious issue, as suicide...

I do not recommend this to anyone :/

Grinch

omg i just finished watching this and i think it was a complete waste of time. :oops:

First of all, i disliked Hanna's character so much, i thought she was such a narcissistic girl. Furthermore, i completely disagree with the indirect glorification of such a serious issue, as suicide...

I do not recommend this to anyone :/

Some of the reasons were not that serious I admit that but you forget she's a teenager. At her age anything can be a trigger.
Plus, students at her school are just horrible people.

And are you telling me that you have never got emotional while watching this? Even in the final episeode? Not even a few tears? :(

Brandt

lost_tv_show_series_2023_602x339.jpg

I am probably a bit too late but better late than never, huh? :D

Lost in fact was the first TV series I ever watched in like 2005 but I dropped out after the first season. Now I'm watching it again, I am impressed how amazing the series are going right now. I heard fans saying how the series got wasted at the end but so far -early fourth season-, nothing is wrong with it. In fact the scenes in which //spoiler// I've seen as a quick flash forwards that Jack and Hurley are going crazy after they are rescued and how badly they're craving to return to island impressed me the most//spoiler end//. The last time I wanted to watch the finale so badly was Friends (but for a different reason, it took forever and I was kind of tired of it).

I can't tell if Parks and Rec is better or Lost.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

Nicholas123

Some of the reasons were not that serious I admit that but you forget she's a teenager. At her age anything can be a trigger.
Plus, students at her school are just horrible people.

And are you telling me that you have never got emotional while watching this? Even in the final episeode? Not even a few tears? :(

It kinda sucks not being able to write a full review without avoiding spoilers, but i shall try to do it without revealing anything, in case anyone wants to watch it! :lol:

The premise of the series is indeed interesting and the main message of it, as you said yourself above (how little things (we think) can cause horrible consequences.-Hannah does mention the butterfly effect at some moment, iirc) can offer some food for thought. It actually brought to my mind J. B. Priestley's "An Inspector calls" (have you read it/watched it, btw? :D). However, the whole execution is rather poor- bad, unrealistic writing, with all the possible cliches and a plot that can not justify the existence of 13 episodes (13 reasons? Maybe 2-3 i'd say).

Anyway, yes, thruth is that i shed some tears but not for Hanna. I actually got emotional with other characters, such as Jessica, Alex and even Justin in the last episode.

P.S Teens are indeed the biggest drama queens, i was one myself some years ago, so i know how it feels, but Hanna's character takes the concept of it to a new level :lol: I felt that she was just a self absorbed, but most of all a weak person. And, to borrow a line from one of my favorite movies "It's a hard world for little things"

Grinch

It kinda sucks not being able to write a full review without avoiding spoilers, but i shall try to do it without revealing anything, in case anyone wants to watch it! :lol:

The premise of the series is indeed interesting and the main message of it, as you said yourself above (how little things (we think) can cause horrible consequences.-Hannah does mention the butterfly effect at some moment, iirc) can offer some food for thought. It actually brought to my mind J. B. Priestley's "An Inspector calls" (have you read it/watched it, btw? :D). However, the whole execution is rather poor- bad, unrealistic writing, with all the possible cliches and a plot that can not justify the existence of 13 episodes (13 reasons? Maybe 2-3 i'd say).

Anyway, yes, thruth is that i shed some tears but not for Hanna. I actually got emotional with other characters, such as Jessica, Alex and even Justin in the last episode.

P.S Teens are indeed the biggest drama queens, i was one myself some years ago, so i know how it feels, but Hanna's character takes the concept of it to a new level :lol: I felt that she was just a self absorbed, but most of all a weak person. And, to borrow a line from one of my favorite movies "It's a hard world for little things"

Come on, it's not that bad! :lol: Maybe none of those 13 reasons were enough for her to make such a decision alone but together, one after another it became unbearable for her. Z-person's, R-person's and S-person's (things I do not to spoil anything :D ) mistakes look stupid I know. But others were really awful you have to admit that.

Although I admit I shed tears for Justin (well, yes I'm an emotional person :mrgreen: ) I'm still angry at him. There is going to be 2nd season, did you know?

And no, I haven't watched/read "An Inspector calls". Do you recommend?

Btw, isn't Alex such a cutie? :lol:

Nicholas123

2nd season? :eek: Does Hannah rise from the dead or sth? :eek:

Yes, you should definitely read or watch "An inspector calls". It's almost a classic! :D

I am also mad @ Justin cause he did sth terrible and one could definitely say "what kind of man are you?". But in the end he bitterly regrets for all his "sins" and loses everything, so i can only feel compassion about him :(

Alex a cutie? :shock: I will never understand women's taste :lol:

DenizESC

Banned
'fi'

I can't put images from my phone so why not a trailer I thought :D
This one is for my fellow Turkish members here (not available outside TR). Everyone has been recommending this to me for a while and I did not watch it at first because just like all of you I hate 99% of the Turkish tv shows on tv right now. But this is on PuhuTV and allows the writers to be more free. Its really refreshing to see trust me, you will like it! Watch it if you haven't already!! Also LOVE the cast I mean Ozan Güven xheart Berrak Tüzünataç xheart Özge Özpirinçci xheart my faves

Top Bottom