Contact us

Live EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2022 FINAL DISCUSSION

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Please use this thread to discuss rehearsals in general and also to follow along with all of the live shows in Turin.

Matt, Melanie and Roy from the ESC United team will be LIVE in Turin over the coming days, with yours truly joining them on the ground in the coming days.

Make sure to join Matt for the round up of Eurovision 2022 rehearsals from 10:00 CET, LIVE on Youtube. Links to all live streams are below;

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

DAY 5

DAY 6

DAY 7

For individual countries' reactions and interviews, please check out the specific country thread.

Make sure to also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch and our new TikTok account for all of the latest behind the scenes and reaction from Turin!

>>> Click HERE for the Eurovision 2022 rehearsal schedule <<<

Last edited:

Zeus

Based on the two clips, I would say Latvia has more televote appeal than Albania. They already had more jury appeal.

crashworld

Veteran
Re: Albania

What's with the camera angles? They are so poorly done. If it's not Albania, I would put this on NQ. And she sounded shaky if I am being honest.

Latvia's Second Rehearsal Clip:

Gitte

I don't get all the stuff about the "Black sun" maybe this is due to not knowing how it was supposed to look, but at least in these first 2 rehearsal clips I am not too bothered by it.

Mainshow

Veteran
I´m afraid of losing such a banger but after seeing that rehearsal clip, I don´t think that Albania is a sure qualifier anymore.

Mainshow

Veteran
I don't get all the stuff about the "Black sun" maybe this is due to not knowing how it was supposed to look, but at least in these first 2 rehearsal clips I am not too bothered by it.

Wait for Estonia, Romania, Lithuania, Ireland, Poland and Portugal.

Yoozek

Both videos - wrecked by the black hole. Change my mind.

crashworld

Veteran
Lithuania's Second Rehearsal Clip:

I think they are really relying alot on the close-up shots to disguise the black sun.

To be honest, at this point in time, I think people who don't know the intent of the kinetic sun would actually think the black sun is a deliberate backdrop on the stage.

Mainshow

Veteran
I don´t know why "Albania got so many diaspora votes = qualifies" has been mentioned a few times now.
Albania hasn´t qualified 7 times and the last three entries which were brilliant, in my opinion, and accompanied by amazing vocalist narrowly passed the semis ("Mall" was #8, "Karma" #10 and "Ktheju tokes" #9).
If Ronela´s performance will be looking as messy as the rehearsal clip and if she can´t hit the long/high note, I don´t think that she´s a safe qualifier at all.

(and I have Albania in my Top 10 and I would like to be voting for her in the semi).

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
Brilliant and clever usage of lighting in Lithuania´s clip + camera movements - I haven´t really noticed the black sun at all.

Gitte

I mean, with lithuania I can tell something is off knowing things are supposed to be off, but they for sure do their best and try to mask it with all the gold lights.

0scar

:lt: made the broken sun work the best from the first 3 clips. I absolutely hate it in the :lv: and :al: clip though

crashworld

Veteran
Re: Latvia

I thought Latvia's one look decent at least. Or at least what they have shown in the clip. Although there are parts you know they are using the lights to hide the black sun. They sound alright in the clip. But you could tell it would have been more colourful if the kinetic sun's LED screen is supposed to work.

Re: Lithuania

The best out of the 3 so far. Effective use of light and close-up angles. And also, they are smart that the LED backdrop is of dark colour, so the black sun almost blended in very nicely.

GermanBango

:al:
looks messy, feels messy. Televoters will have it in their Top 10 but juries wont imho.
Verdict: Borderline Qualifier. Somewhere between 8-12th.

:lv:
Energetic and fun. The song is bad though and I would not be surprised if juries will put it dead last. Televoters will go for it - a top 5 finish is not completely impossible here.
Verdict: Non-qualifier. Juries will kill it. Somewhere between 12-15th.

:lt:
It does look classy and her vocals are on point. Especially coming after two high energy songs this one sounds like a sleeping pill though. Will do better with the juries than with the public.
Verdict: Borderline non-qualifier. 8-14th.

Serena00

Out of the three clips that we have:
my #1 - Lithuania. Simple, elegant, vocals on point. I would be surprised if it won't be in jury's top 5.
#2 - Latvia is what I expected from them. Not a big fan of the song, but they deliver it nicely.
#3 - Albania. I'm disappointed. I like the song, but she delivered better performances at the pre parties. Could it be shock NQ if they don't improve?

Top Bottom