Contact us

Live EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2022 FINAL DISCUSSION

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Please use this thread to discuss rehearsals in general and also to follow along with all of the live shows in Turin.

Matt, Melanie and Roy from the ESC United team will be LIVE in Turin over the coming days, with yours truly joining them on the ground in the coming days.

Make sure to join Matt for the round up of Eurovision 2022 rehearsals from 10:00 CET, LIVE on Youtube. Links to all live streams are below;

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

DAY 5

DAY 6

DAY 7

For individual countries' reactions and interviews, please check out the specific country thread.

Make sure to also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch and our new TikTok account for all of the latest behind the scenes and reaction from Turin!

>>> Click HERE for the Eurovision 2022 rehearsal schedule <<<

Last edited:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
The Lithuanian rehearsal was amazing. Stunningly staged and dare I say the sun fault doesn't seem to be hindering the beauty of the performance at all. It all looks dazzling.

Albania meanwhile sadly comes off a bit messy from that clip we've seen. I think the camera angles need adjusting or something (and please go back to the first outfit).

Latvia were very solid and have been done dirty with their running order.

The odds have Albania quite comfortably in with Lithuania and Latvia out but the latter two are putting up a real fight here, whilst Ronela needs to be careful.

popavapeur

eurovision has finally started with those real clips damn i'm so relieved to live my full french vanilla fantasy.

Albania does look messy and I love it, there's nothing and everything that's entertaining
Latvia can do whatever they want I think they're NQ, I like and hate it at the same time.
Lithuania did the best they could to avoid the LED but I wasn't mesmerized as I was with the LT national final, I hope for the people that will see Monika for the first time to fall in love with her cause that song surely deserves the final.

Mainshow

Veteran
TVP's Summary Report - Poland's First Rehearsal
Ochman was asked what he wants to improve. He knows that he has to look into the camera more often (and wants to work on that) but he sounded quite optimistic - I´m really glad that he knows that "this" might be his "weakness".

I´m not sure about the dancers - they aim at something "dramatic" but I don´t think it translate into emotions, imo.

crashworld

Veteran
Ochman's explanation on the staging concept.

Source:

Cyprus to make some minor adjustments for the 2nd rehearsal.

Source:

crashworld

Veteran
Ochman was asked what he wants to improve. He knows that he has to look into the camera more often (and wants to work on that) but he sounded quite optimistic - I´m really glad that he knows that "this" might be his "weakness".

I´m not sure about the dancers - they aim at something "dramatic" but I don´t think it translate into emotions, imo.

I am glad he is aware of his weaknesses.
As for the dancers, I was right, it's supposed to be inner demons, like Australia 2019's dementors. It's explained in the Eurovoix article.

But damn the black sun, it's blocking the LED backdrop of the forest. Even though it's adding the dark mystery to the song. I am conflicted.

And I WANT the Ochman's merchandise. I saw the pen + notebook. And why is my husband he so CUTE?

Mainshow

Veteran
I am glad he is aware of his weaknesses.
As for the dancers, I was right, it's supposed to be inner demons, like Australia 2019's dementors. It's explained in the Eurovoix article.

But damn the black sun, it's blocking the LED backdrop of the forest. Even though it's adding the dark mystery to the song. I am conflicted.

Personally, I think that the forest needs to be seen to understand the "demons in nature" concept - maybe Ochman should ask the German broadcast to use the LED trees from Jamie-Lee´s "Ghost" performance?

ESC94

Did you understand what they said??

Mainshow

Veteran
Did you understand what they said??
I suck at speaking but I can understand tiny parts of Polish and I´m glad that Ochman speaks very clearly (and not as fast as some relatives of mine) :D

Edit:

The dancers said that they have to be a bit careful because the staging is really dark and they have to "take care of where they go" (or something like that) :D

ESC94

I suck at speaking but I can understand tiny parts of Polish and I´m glad that Ochman speaks very clearly (and not as fast as some relatives of mine) :D

Oh gosh, same like me!! I only know very basic stuff but when my parents spoke with each other in Polish I often could understand some words and therefore guessed what they said. Sometimes I was right, sometimes not .:lol:

crashworld

Veteran
Personally, I think that the forest needs to be seen to understand the "demons in nature" concept - maybe Ochman should ask the German broadcast to use the LED trees from Jamie-Lee´s "Ghost" performance?

They could have just brought some shrubs from the green room. LOL. The performance seems to use alot of strobe lights effect.

I have a feeling this contest will not be good for those with epilepsy as I presume alot of them have to rely on the light effects to mask that black sun.

ESC94

They could have just brought some shrubs from the green room. LOL. The performance seems to use alot of strobe lights effect.

I have a feeling this contest will not be good for those with epilepsy as I presume alot of them have to rely on the light effects to mask that black sun.

The ESC is generally not well suited for persons with epilepsy.

Mainshow

Veteran

I also believe that most or all performances will heavily rely on lighting, light effects/movements - you can actually see that on all pictures released so far. I hope that viewers won´t get bored or that delegations try to trump others by including more effects and lights (especially the Czech Republic looks like an explosion of lights xD)

crashworld

Veteran
Switzerland's Second Rehearsal Clip

It's giving me France 2021 + France 2019 + Georgia 2021 vibes. Think the staging may very well elevate the song.
But instead of slapping tears onto his face, they put a broken heart?

Last edited:

Serena00

Switzerland... my #40 this year...The staging is too dark most of the clip. I hope he won't qualify, the song is just too boring

0scar

:sl: looks horrible? Really awkward and the not working sun is really present here

Top Bottom