Contact us

Live EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2022 FINAL DISCUSSION

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Please use this thread to discuss rehearsals in general and also to follow along with all of the live shows in Turin.

Matt, Melanie and Roy from the ESC United team will be LIVE in Turin over the coming days, with yours truly joining them on the ground in the coming days.

Make sure to join Matt for the round up of Eurovision 2022 rehearsals from 10:00 CET, LIVE on Youtube. Links to all live streams are below;

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

DAY 5

DAY 6

DAY 7

For individual countries' reactions and interviews, please check out the specific country thread.

Make sure to also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch and our new TikTok account for all of the latest behind the scenes and reaction from Turin!

>>> Click HERE for the Eurovision 2022 rehearsal schedule <<<

Last edited:

akoz

After all first rehearsals, my take is that 2 semifinal will be a bloodbath and a half. In my eyes there are maximum 5 countries sure qualifiers and only 3 countries with a little chance to qualify in that semifinal - good songs don't have the best stagings and not-the-best songs have at least interesting props or are performed by good performes.

On another hand 1 semifinal is shaping up to be pretty predictable and without a lot of interesting performances.

• Rehearsals that strongly elevates song in my eyes - Cyprus, Greece, Poland, Armenia, Georgia, Ireland
  • Rehearsals that pretty much elevates song - Finland, Azerbaijan, Portugal, Slovenia, Malta
  • In league of their own - San Marino :love:
Waiting for official videocuts after second rehearsals to make my final decisions.

Looren

Veteran
Will second rehearsals videos be out on official YT channel or on TikTok ?

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
You don´t have to ridicule what I wrote, you have a different view on that and that´s ok, but please respect what I wrote as well.
i'm not ridiculing what you wrote? but honestly there is no out-of-the-world host/interval act that saves an edition where half of the contestants are being harmed

Except... people are being majorly over dramatic?. Its wild how the eurofans are all such massive experts on engineering stages, and putting on big shows - future broadcasters needn't bother hiring an external company. I'm sure the Eurofans can throw it all together for them. Most years have had problems somewhere, i concede this is a very big failure but there is more to hosting than the stage.
also the same thing I said above. also the broken stage is affecting the presentation of the entries, which should be the most important part of the show? they don't have to be experts to show disappointment in something that for now is not working

After saying so many times that this stage sucks, Italy should not win any more and so and so, at the end of the day what did you get? Nothing.
After all this shit storm, as an Italian, I would prefer Italy to withdraw so all the pain we have caused by daring too much can be paid. Usually you don't beat the dead horse anymore because it's dead.
The only thing super critical fans can do in the future is avoiding Italy to win again and not voting for it. Very simple. But I think it won't work because the non fanatic viewers love Italy with all its contradictions.
By now try to enjoy what you think it will be enjoyable, try to be positive.
it's literally the first time I mentioned this? so I don't know why you're coming for me. i wonder why :)

I'll be positive once there is a fair solution to all of this. by then... keeping pressing them seems a valid option

Yoozek

Do you wanna join them in your rants or do you wanna see the final result first and then judge?
I would like to see the final result of the preparations but somehow I won't be able to cause they don't want to show it to people. They prefer to keep it facing back of the stage - thus, rainbow of death, black hole, vinyl record, useless piece of shit, etc.

It's like having that 2013 slogan with butterfiles all over the place, just to later have Asia O'Hara, when she's supposed to release some butterflies during the performance but it turns out they're dead. And of course there will be people who'll say "hey, they're still butterfiles, but they're just dead".... and then there will be me - judging from afar.

crashworld

Veteran
@crashworld Thanks for pointing it out that letting Montenegro perform after Poland is completely nuts. Both songs are perceived as ballads and both performances´s colour is blue.
Personally, I think that it´s kinda obvious now that there was a lot of favouritism going on regarding the running order.

It's very obvious. I called it when I saw the running order and then there are people who say I am overreacting.
It became even more obvious now with the staging out. The showrunners are deliberately trying to kill some entries.

Zeus

So officially nothing going to change with the sun.

RIP countries heavy relying on the LED-screen like Serbia, Romania, Estonia, etc.

Gitte

I like the outfit, but I also loved Tusse's last year so it is known I have unconventional taste

aef

Albania decided to change their outfits/make up. Still not sure of the outfit for Ronela.

963787e5-2c78-41c6-972a-257f3bc481bf.jpg
What was even their idea with that or the first outfit, it doesn’t fit to the song and its vibe AT ALL

Zeus

Lol, nice start, that's one shaky long note.

Can't keep my eyes off the ugly black sun as well. It clearly doesn't fit this performance.

Synergise

If it weren't for Albania getting pretty much all of its diaspora support in this semi, I'd be quite worried for them. Just based off this clip, it does feel VERY messy.

As it stands, I think Albania will be okay just because it's almost guaranteed at least 50 points from the televote. That gives it a huge head start.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
💀💀 they really just said whatever with the camera angles. They've either been proper shafted with the clip choice or it needs serious improvement.

Top Bottom