15 7.8%

10 5.2%

10 5.2%

8 4.2%

11 5.7%

• Total voters

Centrix

Celia

I didn't really care about this one but it is really cute and kinda unexpected, congratulations Estonia! :D

Fluke

The only entertainment from this was wondering how that dress was suspended.... :geek:

ParadiseES

As I said, I've never been a fan. I find the song pretty old-fashioned and forgettable. But after such strong performance I have nothing to complain.

Alberca

CONGRATS BIRGIT & ESTONIAN TEAM!! The performance was brilliant. This song is the best example of typical old-fashioned (the good way) ESC ballad. I love it, and Estonian sounds terrific! So glad that such a good song has reached the final.

SpZ

I still don't like the song. I liked the staging though... other than it suddenly going from black to colour... should have had some transition there.

cegs5

I'm one of the few who liked this song since the begining and I'm so glad that It passed to the Final.
I even liked more than last year, Ott screamed so badly and spoiled his beautiful song, but Birgit gave a climax with elegancy and kept the softness of the song till the end...I just love it and It's in my personal top 5 so far

debemaks

I'm sooo happy that Birgit+1 got qualified!!! I was disappointed when they choose this song in national final, also starting position was not good, but performance... wow!! She was shiny brillant standing overthere! Very good result!

toinou03

What I'm happy with is that Birgit proved that she was probably one of the only one if not the only one outside the contenders of Eesti Laul to qualify this year...

Winny Puhh would have taken the last place, as it would have been destroyed by the juries... Grete Paia might have not been enough ready either...

I'm proud to have been part of the #teambirgit since the early announcements ! :)

And a big xup to :ee: delegation to have made this brilliant staging ! :ee: delegation really rules ! :D

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member
The qualification was quite a surprise for me.. Still I do support Estonia nearly every year and neither Birgit nor Et Uus Saaks Alguse are excactly bad, so I don't disapprove of the Estonian result

randajad

Veteran
TERRIFIC! I was (and still am) so happy! Song, performance, staging - everything is perfect! xheart
To bad I cannot vote.:D

eerik

I'm obviously very happy with last night's results. Not necessarily because of the song, but because there were so many haters and naysayers. I mean, seriously, why did so many people doubt in our chances of qualifying? Did you really think our song had less universal appeal than at least six of our competitors? Did you think she's a poor vocalist and would fail on the stage? Did you think we would have a riddiculous stage act? I'm not a big fan of the song myself but I never doubted in it's chances to make it to the final. It just screams "Eurovision!" and was one of the safest bets last night, in my humble opinion.

And in other news: it was quite an expensive performance by our standards and our delegation is considering not to use the dry ice smoke in the final. So far it (the smoke) has cost us 4370 euros, which includes 1500 euros just to discuss the possibilty of using stage effects, and would require another 2530 euros for the final.

doctormalisimo

I'm obviously very happy with last night's results. Not necessarily because of the song, but because there were so many haters and naysayers. I mean, seriously, why did so many people doubt in our chances of qualifying? Did you really think our song had less universal appeal than at least six of our competitors? Did you think she's a poor vocalist and would fail on the stage? Did you think we would have a riddiculous stage act? I'm not a big fan of the song myself but I never doubted in it's chances to make it to the final. It just screams "Eurovision!" and was one of the safest bets last night, in my humble opinion.
It was boring. I still cant remember the song. It was in a language only Finnish people can vaguely understand, and they weren't voting. Latvia wasn't voting either. Ridiculous stage acts can help an act be remembered - remember the Ukrainian giant or the Belorussian giant ball? It was a ballad in a sea of ballads - Austria, Croatia, Russia and Moldova were all competing against it. It was 2nd in the draw.
There's plenty of reasons why I and a lot of other people are surprised this qualified. I'm happy for the singer, there was plenty of worse trash in that semi, but it was probably the dullest song of the night after Cyprus

cassio

Congratulations Estonia ..........

2zsu3xk.jpg

eerik

It was boring. I still cant remember the song. It was in a language only Finnish people can vaguely understand, and they weren't voting. Latvia wasn't voting either. Ridiculous stage acts can help an act be remembered - remember the Ukrainian giant or the Belorussian giant ball? It was a ballad in a sea of ballads - Austria, Croatia, Russia and Moldova were all competing against it. It was 2nd in the draw.
There's plenty of reasons why I and a lot of other people are surprised this qualified. I'm happy for the singer, there was plenty of worse trash in that semi, but it was probably the dullest song of the night after Cyprus

Well, predicting the finalists should not be associated with personal taste. If you have followed ESC for more than a couple of years, you'll start to see how some things work. Estonian language is a nonissue, if anything, we benefit from it (6th place in the final for both Rändajad and Kuula). We didn't have Finland and Latvia, but we did have Sweden, Lithuania and even Russia, Ukraine, Belarus and Moldova voting. By riduculous stage act I meant something more like Serbia. Oh, and second place in the running order is a good draw, before last night, qualifying ratio from that spot was 7 out of 10, now it's 8 out of 11.

Top Bottom