16 8.3%

15 7.8%

10 5.2%

10 5.2%

8 4.2%

11 5.7%

• Total voters

cegs5

I was pretty sure that it will qualify because it's a lovely song and Birgit is a good singer, also she's got charisma and she managed perfectly in front of the camera and connecting with the audience.
I don't think ex USSR voters were the reason to qualify because Moldova, Belarus, Ukraine and even Lithuania have nothing to do with Estonian culture and music...not even language.

SpZ

I actually do believe that like Ott last year, this song is more Northern/Western Europe friendly than Eastern Europe friendly.

eerik

I was pretty sure that it will qualify because it's a lovely song and Birgit is a good singer, also she's got charisma and she managed perfectly in front of the camera and connecting with the audience.
I don't think ex USSR voters were the reason to qualify because Moldova, Belarus, Ukraine and even Lithuania have nothing to do with Estonian culture and music...not even language.

True, but they'd rather vote for us than for Balkan countries.

Smudy

I cheered when they announced this as a finalist. She is so lovely on stage and i think, till now, i never saw a bad performance from her.

musicfan

I'm obviously very happy with last night's results. Not necessarily because of the song, but because there were so many haters and naysayers. I mean, seriously, why did so many people doubt in our chances of qualifying? Did you really think our song had less universal appeal than at least six of our competitors? Did you think she's a poor vocalist and would fail on the stage? Did you think we would have a riddiculous stage act? I'm not a big fan of the song myself but I never doubted in it's chances to make it to the final. It just screams "Eurovision!" and was one of the safest bets last night, in my humble opinion.

Good songs frequently don't qualify. You don't even like it, I do. For me it's not about where it is from which seems your main focus, if it was from Mars I would still be more interested in the musical aspect than any political one. It's a good song, sung by a good singer. Though I preferred it without the bigger sound, I didn't think it needed any extra volume. Anyway whether it had qualified or not wouldn't have been a reflection on the song, same for those good ones that didn't qualify.

katapult

I cheered, too! :) Wonderful performance yesterday, xlove Soo lovely, über-beautiful!
I'm so happy, that this song and Birgit are in the final! :) xcheer

94ayd

Best performance yesterday together with :md:! Blew me away! :D

eerik

I spent some time and made a table of points received by Estonia since 2009.

My very random and quite pessimistic guesswork for last night's results:

0 from Austria
4 from Belarus
0-2 from Belgium
0-2 from Croatia
0-2 from Cyprus
0-3 from Denmark
4-8 from Ireland
8-10 from Lithuania
2-5 from Moldova
0 from Montenegro
5 from Netherlands
6 from Russia
0-1 from Serbia
0-1 from Slovenia
3 from Ukraine
0 from Italy
8 from Sweden
4 from UK

So about 54 points in total, enough for 9th or 10th place.

Venage

^

Sounds reasonable. The song is quite good but it pales in comparison to last year's Kuula. Ott was brilliant whereas this is "just" good.

BOOOM

I think you will get between 3-7 points from Denmark, we usually like when you sing in Estonian and its not a bad song

cegs5

^

Sounds reasonable. The song is quite good but it pales in comparison to last year's Kuula. Ott was brilliant whereas this is "just" good.

I prefer this entry rather than Kuula, which was amazing in studio version but Ott spoiled it with his screams in live performance... but It was liked for many.

Venage

I actually do believe that like Ott last year, this song is more Northern/Western Europe friendly than Eastern Europe friendly.

True, although I think that Estonia (unlike Lithuania and Latvia) more or less belongs to the Nordic countries like Finland, Sweden ... instead of the ex USSR countries. That's at least how I feel about it and it would explain why the Estonian songs are appreciated by the Western European countries :)

eerik

I think you will get between 3-7 points from Denmark, we usually like when you sing in Estonian and its not a bad song

Denmark gave some points for Rändajad (and Rockefeller Street) but nothing for Kuula, so I don't expect much points from Denmark.

Knubelznarm

I almost voted for this.. She did such a great job with not overkilling it like Ott :lol:

AdelAdel

^

I think the exact opposite, last year's song was just "okay", nothing impressive, but this year's just amazing xlove

Top Bottom