16 8.3%

15 7.8%

10 5.2%

10 5.2%

8 4.2%

11 5.7%

• Total voters

eerik

Birgit's personal favourites: Denmark, Russia and Ukraine from first semi; Norway, Azerbaijan and Malta from second semi.

musicfan

Birgit's personal favourites: Denmark, Russia and Ukraine from first semi; Norway, Azerbaijan and Malta from second semi.

I agree on Russia and Azerbaijan. In fact Estonia and Russia have been my longer term favourites this year.

Gerly

Actually I am happy for this place. Big name Cascada and amazing Amandine is behind us. And we got 10th place in the semifinal. We are lucky enough to not share Norway fate. I mean about last year.
And Birgit was just wonderful on the stage. I think we would have got more points, if we would have performed in the end. Big thanks to Latvia for 10 pts. Finland for 6 pts (?) and Lithuania for 3 pts (?). :D

Anjeza

Oh my, why such a low place? xcry1 Birgit deserved more points imo

toinou03

Yes ! Underrated, but it was so early tonight...

Anyway, Birgit was wonderful and stopped the time for 3 minutes !!!

Aitäh Birgit ! xlove

musicfan

Just qualified, 6 points ahead of Serbia. So obviously wasn't about to do big things in the final. Always liked the song though.

8 from Irleland, 6 Sweden,5 Russia, 4 UK Lithuania Netherlands, 1 Denmark Belgium.

The weaker Danish song got points from everyone, just shows in music it's better not to be part of the majority audience now.

Musicosity

Four years ago, Yohanna with a similar song and performance got second place. Birgit was clearly underrated.

musicfan

Just heard that again, it's more of a streamlined song with repetitions which is more likely to appeal to the more simple easy listening sound that many like. Denmark's simple song this year shows that. Birgit's ballad has more to it.

randajad

Veteran
Birgit was terrific, and it is more important that she showed what ESC should be like - your language & your music. Anyway, I expected that she would place "low", but it is not to bad. She is 20th of 39 songs.

cegs5

This song is way better than last year's which got 6th place... Well, It's Eurovision, there's no logic at all. Birgit can be happy that performed well and that's all.

eerik

20th place is okay. Worse than I expected and hoped for, but it's fine. 19 countries finished ahead of us, and 19 countries behind us, so we were right in the middle. I certainly won't be complaining and making up conspiracy theories for the rest of the year.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
I'm just glad Birgit made the finals, everything else was just a bonus. For some reason I was more excited to meet the backup singers, two of them also sang backup for Estonia in 2001 when they won...I didn't recognize them at first and had to watch the clip again. They were really thrilled to be back and were fun to talk to. This is in my Top 10 of 2013.

eugoose

I was in that pool of people who stayed up to 5 a.m. to watch Eurovision live in Australia, and I can say, in the first semi, Birgit not only blew away my expectations of her, but she was by far, the best of the night. I found the favourites bloc of Denmark, Russia, Ukraine and the Netherlands quite underwhelming compared to Estonia. I prayed to the ESC gods that if there was any justice in the world, Birgit should qualify, and she did! 10th in the semi is wrong though, it should've been 1.

I didn't think she sung as well in the finals, but she still deserved a Top 5. Just a sweet, authentic, classic Eurovision song sung in beautiful Estonian. Much better than many of the other acts trying to look cool and begging for your votes...urgh.

Gerly

View figures
This year 317 000 people watched the final
It was less than last year. Last year watched 371 000 people the final.
But about 645 000 people watched the ESC shows this year (live + reprise).
e78c6330-4a48-43a3-8252-874d6e03172c.jpg

Õnne 13 is just a popular serial in Estonia ;)

source:TELETOP: 317 000 vaatajat aitas Eurovisioni vaadatuimaks saateks | Õhtuleht

Top Bottom