22 16.5%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

AlekS

Veteran
Hallelujiah - if they want to play safe.
Rave med de hårde drenge - but I'm not a fond of the vocals. + this will be super hypocrite, after giving Go_A the lowest points in televoting among ALL countries. Which makes me wondering about their chances at DMGP.

Last edited:

susanhm

susanhm

jatojo

None of these songs would make it into the Top 21 in Norway or Top 7 in Finland this year. :(

hijirio

Veteran

Fuld Effekt - Rave Med De Hårde Drenge !!!!​

This is the first time I hear such a Danish sounding entry in DMGP. I think it's the best one, or actually the only good one.

jatojo

It should be noticed that all songs this year are written by Danes. I think that's a fine thing, but DR should emphasize this more.

If they only want Danish songwriters, it will inevitably decrease Denmark's chances of qualifying. Just look at Denmark's most succesful entries in the last 1-2 decades. Several of them were written by Swedes.

Turnip

Rave med de hårde drenge would be such a breath of fresh air for Denmark, this en skonne dag are the only songs I like from this selection

hijirio

Veteran
If they only want Danish songwriters, it will inevitably decrease Denmark's chances of qualifying.

I understand what you mean, but it's not necessarily so. Denmark might be a small country but it has sooooooo much potential! Denmark is home to so many international hits, from the likes of MO, Infernal, Aqua, Medina to name a few... As long as the broadcaster attracts the right songwriters&artists, the country can do well with local talents.

Schlagerman1

Well it looks like it is for certain two songs that will fight for the win. The September/Smith & Tell copy "Hallelujah" and "Rave Med De Hårde Drenge". The first one is a solid entry, even if it is almost too safe. The 2nd is the most daring entry in a DMGP ever, pretty fun and catchy, but maybe a little repetive towards the end. It really needs a fun performance to work. But no high places in my ranking though for Denmark....as per usual for me. xexcuseme

Looren

Veteran
Let's go :

1. Reddi - The Show (10/10)
2. Josie Elinor & Jack Warren - Let Me Go (10/10)
3. Patrick Dorgan - Vinden Suser Ind (10/10)
4. Der Var Angan - En Skonne Dag (10/10)
5. Juncker - Kommet For At Blive (10/10)

6. Conf3ssions - Hallelujah (9/10)
7. Morten Fillipsen - Happy Go Lucky (8/10)
8. Fuld Effekt - Rave med de hage drengen (3/10)

A-lister

Veteran
I understand what you mean, but it's not necessarily so. Denmark might be a small country but it has sooooooo much potential! Denmark is home to so many international hits, from the likes of MO, Infernal, Aqua, Medina to name a few... As long as the broadcaster attracts the right songwriters&artists, the country can do well with local talents.
This!

I wouldn't worry at all about a rule only allowing local songwriters, in fact I think that should be a general rule for Eurovision. What's the point of a contest where the entries are ought to represent the countries if they are all imports anyways? xshrug

jatojo

This!

I wouldn't worry at all about a rule only allowing local songwriters, in fact I think that should be a general rule for Eurovision. What's the point of a contest where the entries are ought to represent the countries if they are all imports anyways? xshrug
I totally agree.

Unfortunately, many people don't care about songwriting. Just look at the various blogs and YouTube channels about ESC, they almost never mention it. Which is really stupid, because you won't understand the relative success of Denmark in Eurovision in recent years if you don't know the name Lise Cabble for instance.

A-lister

Veteran
I totally agree.

Unfortunately, many people don't care about songwriting. Just look at the various blogs and YouTube channels about ESC, they almost never mention it. Which is really stupid, because you won't understand the relative success of Denmark in Eurovision in recent years if you don't know the name Lise Cabble for instance.

Well, it's true (and it's the case with commercial music in general), that the people behind the music (given the artists/groups) aren't involved themselves, are somehow in the background and all focus is on the acts.

But in the end of the day, without them there would be no songs.

Top Bottom