13 9.8%

22 16.5%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Ekholmia

Recently new band I discovered and they might be part of Danish MGP soon...They are pretty new and I watched their interviews and then seem good terms with broadcaster..]

I like this. I've never heard of them, but they are new as you say. Fingers crossed they are interested.

rasmuslights

Veteran
I like this. I've never heard of them, but they are new as you say. Fingers crossed they are interested.

there is no way they are interested tho... they may be new but very popular already...

now if this was Italy, Russia, Ukraine, the Netherlands... we might have been having a different conversation since they actually send stars... Denmark sends x-factor singers (mostly - Fyr og Flamme were not that)

jatojo

According to DR, there will again only be eight songs in the national final, as opposed to the usual ten. I was hoping the lower number of songs was a consequence of the corona situation, but apparently it wasn't. I haven't yet seen an explanation for this change.

Last edited:

jatojo

there is no way they are interested tho... they may be new but very popular already...

now if this was Italy, Russia, Ukraine, the Netherlands... we might have been having a different conversation since they actually send stars... Denmark sends x-factor singers (mostly - Fyr og Flamme were not that)

Isn't it time for Simone Egeriis again ..? :)

jatojo

Since RoxorLoops og Jasmin appeared on Danish X Factor yesterday evening, I guess they won't make another Eurovision attempt this year (or their song didn't qualify).

To be honest, I find it odd to have recent Melodi Grand Prix competitors (even top favourites in this case) to starr in a TV program made for talented newcomers ...

• Like It
Reactions: Mrm

jatojo

Denmark is the only Nordic nation that has been placed outside the Top 20 by the bookmakers before the songs are announced.

That ought to be disappointing for the Danes and for DR, but by only going for eight entries this year as they did in 2021, it seems that the Danish organizers once again choose a minimalistic approach.

It's weird, since the other Nordic nations are at least as committed to Eurovision as they have ever been.

I wonder if we will get to know more about the reasons for the downgraded ambitions of DR.

mauve

Veteran
Denmark is the only Nordic nation that has been placed outside the Top 20 by the bookmakers before the songs are announced.

That ought to be disappointing for the Danes and for DR, but by only going for eight entries this year as they did in 2021, it seems that the Danish organizers once again choose a minimalistic approach.

It's weird, since the other Nordic nations are at least as committed to Eurovision as they have ever been.

I wonder if we will get to know more about the reasons for the downgraded ambitions of DR.
Either the Danes have a a secret weapon xqueenbitch that may be a huge surprise, or they are simply a letdown.xwall I am eager to know.

harey

To me it's sometimes better to have less songs competing. I like to watch the Norwegian melodi grand prix or Melfest but I often think that there are too many filler songs competing.

Betwixt Tales

:ROFLMAO: Ah, this actually made me laugh. I'm not surprised and not disappointed. With the songs we've had to choose from lately, it's all just been very safe pop. Nothing that stood out.
They seriously need to 'ryst æ pos' when it comes to DMGP.

jatojo

They seriously need to 'ryst æ pos' when it comes to DMGP.
Yeah, but it went really well until 2021 - a decade with a Eurovision win and above average number of qualifications for the final. But then DR suddenly reduced the show and the number of participants - while the other Nordic countries were even more determined to improve the quality.

aef

The moment when Spotify brings up Jasmin Rose - Human out of the nowhere :love:xmusic So random but also so nice! I don't even remember the year when this was in DMGP... But this was such a nice tune (the studio version, unfortunately not the live performance)

NikolaiMoller

Veteran
The moment when Spotify brings up Jasmin Rose - Human out of the nowhere :love:xmusic So random but also so nice! I don't even remember the year when this was in DMGP... But this was such a nice tune (the studio version, unfortunately not the live performance)

such a great song xheart also Jasmin & RoxorLoops are currently participating in X Factor Denmark

Funix

The amount of rumors around acts to MGP this year is shockingly low. I really hope that a big surprise is coming and not another let down of a selection

cassio

That's Great !! then the bookmakers doesn't has drop us out of top 20 this year!!

Mrm

Veteran
Start to be curious about DMGP 2022 entries... :)

Remembrance

Legendary Stig Rossen doing a surprise Eurovision comeback in the winning performance in Israel? :LOL: (The guy to the left.)

israel-2022-michael-ben-david-850x491.jpg
"Danser rock, danser rul... danser ryggen helt af led" ;)

But yeah, he does have a striking resemblance to a younger (and thinner) Stig :)

So, we're getting the songs this week, right..?

jatojo

Dscf6557-scaled.jpg

He actually didn't get his beard till after "Vi danser rock og rul". :)

Top Bottom