2 1.4%

5 3.4%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Bulgaria-scaled.jpg

Charly

This is EPIC.

One of the possible key deciders to cement that win would be the camera works. Her staging would be simple from sitting down but I think at the end she would get up but for this, I expect it should give the competition one of the best camera shots otherwise they fucked it.

-

Regarding the similarity and bs to get the song banned, man theres nothing wrong if a song have a similar melody xshrug Many songs had a similar melody maybe in chrous, end, start etc and it still sound great

This 1 sounds great and personally its my winner for this edition

Alaska49

omg the comparison to feel this moment lmfaooooooooo i just choked on my water bottle

i love this board/fandom so much

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Eurovision committee must ban Bulgaria this year :

Chorus of Bulgaria's song starting at 0:59 :

Pitbull ft. Christina Aguilera - Feel This Moment ( from 0:14 to 0:41)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jlI4uzZGjU&t=14s

Please all of you who like the song, be objective. The similarity is extremely obvious.
Those of you who are not fanatic, spread this. The competition must be fair.
i-

Uto

Veteran
I know that the ban requires a whole procedure. I only hope that the critics and the public will treat the song as it deserves. I don't have any problem with Bulgaria as a country (in the past i liked many of their participations). I just don't like when a composer follows a very easy way to make a song. And of course it's not 100% similar. It's similar enough to make me dislike it due to this reason.
This is some laughable stuff right here.

I just put both melodies down the cheap and easy way. I use ~ as a 1/8 pause, all notes are 1/8 as well, because as I said, cheap and easy. Might be in the wrong key, I'm just shit at that, think I got it right though.

Tears Getting Sober:
|F~CA#G#~A#G#|G~~~D#~C~|D#~D#~G#~G~|F~~~~~D#~|F~CA#G#~A#~|G~D#~G~A#~|G#...etc

X-tina:
|E~E~|C~BA|~~GF#|~~G~|D~D~|B~AG|~~F#E|~~D~|

They are completely different. Key notes fall on different spots, intervals are generally not the same etc etc. They just sound alike because of a few similarities. If I put Christina starting on an F they share this theme of starting on F, rising more than half an octave and then dropping to D# in a couple of steps, which is somewhat uncommon. Even there though the notes are not the same.

Why the fuck am I even arguing about this bullshit?

EscGeek

Veteran
it looks like i'm gonna have to eat my words (the no dawg ones, not the ones about Bulgaria being desperate to win :mrgreen: ) because this is now in my top 25 and i call that a win on its own.

FedererBulgaria

Since yesterday evening and the Russian song was out, the Little Big fans checked the odds and... came to Bulgarian song to show hate. 2 000 new hating comments and around this many new dislikes.

Mrm

Veteran
Since yesterday evening and the Russian song was out, the Little Big fans checked the odds and... came to Bulgarian song to show hate. 2 000 new hating comments and around this many new dislikes.
I doubt it is the truth.. Do not blame ppl for Victoria dropping in odds. It is noormal.. She will be back, do not worry. ;)

Mrm

Veteran
Go refresh the comments ;)
I simply do not agree and don't blame anybody...her likes and dislikes both raised and are rising gradually.. :)
It is normal..
And don't worry she can win jury in Rotterdam, I hope she won't, but if happens I'm ok with it...and Bulgaria invests a lot of money in online promotion, even too much IMO and for my taste.. :)

Last edited:

Decayingbooks

Bulgaria invests a lot of money in online promotion, even too much IMO and for my taste.. :)

This year's investment is paid solely by a sponsor:

I'm unsure that Bulgaria will be able to host in 2021, the news points out that the broadcaster has many debts

• Undo my Sad
Reactions: Mrm

hawadharma

Let's keep the ball rolling

Here is my lyrics interpretation for this song:

Great, feel my head is taking over me
Ten déjà vus a day
And each time I'm getting colder
Pain, I should let it go

(The whole song is a monologue of a person with mental health issues i.e. depression/schizo/post-natal stress etc.
And this is a powerful introduction to their world, how they felt - like the head is taking over them, having 10 dejavus a day, feeling cold, feeling pain. But they are trying their best to endure it. Notice the word "GREAT "at the beginning, like the pain is unbearable and they are telling themselves to be positive)

Your lies burn like sugar in my wounds
In time my wound will be a scar

(Family and friends who deal with mentally ill people often tell lies, in this case WHITE LIES, in order to calm them down in uncomfortable situations, or to reduce their sufferings. Like telling them "It's OK, nobody's hating you, you'll be fine, nobody's watching you." Medically speaking, sugar helps wounds heal faster as it is a dehydrating agent that absorbs moisture and stop bacterial infection. In this case, the lies became a comfort to the person, and helps their wound (i.e their sickness) to heal faster)

Strained but my tears are getting sober now
And I've been here before so
Weight that I'm holding on my shoulders
I'm gonna let it go

(Drunk people are unpredictable, crazy and create nuisance. Normally, a mentally sick person may have unpredictable behaviour like crying randomly - drunk tears? When the tears are getting sober, this means the person has learnt how to control her emotions and when to cry, even in strained situation. And a way to keep your emotion and stress under control is to let go of the emotional burdens)

This is my first time trying
Look how the tables turn
I've got this dirt inside me
I've got some space to grow

(This part makes me smile. Imagine a mentally ill person who gets better, and trying to do new things and succeed at it.
Even small achievements surprises them. The expression of "dirt inside me" and "space to grow" meaning the person is referring to her recovery and her willingness to start things anew with whatever she has - imagine growing a new garden on fresh soils).

So I have sweet bruises
In time I'll forget what you have done

(Continuation to the previous verse, the person recovering from mental illness is having a positive attitude and willing to forgive other people. Because her wounds are temporary and will soon only be a scar. A scar is a symbolic representation of a reminder that something bad had happened but it's over now and it's time to move on).

My pain will soon be over
Oh, how the tables turn
Tears are getting sober
I got some space to grow
So I have sweet bruises
In time I'll forget what you have done

All in all, this is a beautifully written song which doesn't try hard to impress.
The emotion comes naturally as you understand the context of the lyrics and the message behind it.
I might be overthinking this, but at least this is my own interpretation on this song.

All the best, Victoria xheart and :bg: xheart

FedererBulgaria

So the last 2 days we saw big interest of the song from the Russian people. Views went really up and the dislikes, now approaching 10 000 . You can see top comments from a day ago in Russian with 2K likes. We love you too, Russia!

hawadharma

So the last 2 days we saw big interest of the song from the Russian people. Views went really up and the dislikes, now approaching 10 000 . You can see top comments from a day ago in Russian with 2K likes. We love you too, Russia!

I don't know whether you are being sarcastic or not because I cannot read or understand Russian. :ROFLMAO:
Yes, I saw a lot of Russian comments on Bulgaris's song on Youtube. Can you tell me what the comments are all about?

Mrm

Veteran
@hawadharma

Since Little Big's song is out, Russian comments flooded all videos on eurovision official channel..

Yes in Bulgarian video the majority of them compare it to Billie Eilish...

I checked on The Mamas video and Switzerland and 90% of their comments are so positive for these songs..in Swiss entry they even write that SWI is no1 fave to win...and likes gone only higher for these entries since they appeared, so maybe they really don't like Bulgaraian song..no big deal..still she has good ratings, I DON'T SEE THE PROBLEM.. :)

And they helped views for BUL video to rise...

FedererBulgaria

I don't know whether you are being sarcastic or not because I cannot read or understand Russian. :ROFLMAO:
Yes, I saw a lot of Russian comments on Bulgaris's song on Youtube. Can you tell me what the comments are all about?
They are calling her Billie Bolgarish, Cheap parody, Billie for the poor one... and so on and on. Ungly and disgusting, I’m seriously disgusted!

Top Bottom