Contact us

Belarus BELARUS 2021 - not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DanielLuis

I guess this will be a good cherry on top for all the embarrassment they caused by this drama and chaos.

But needless to say, would this mean OGAE Belarus has an opposed stance towards the dictatorship or they're just collecting information neutrally?
I mean that statement by the OGAE was as neutral as they could make it I guess

Loindici

Veteran
Hmm, that would make one semifinal with only six unqualifiers. Discussion going to be continued in the Eurovision general forum.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Guys, a heads up.

Looks like Galasy ZMesta have written a new Eurovision song, set to drop "soon" ( :table flip: ). If any our members that know Russian would be so kind to translate the lyrics (assuming it's again a song in Russian) if or when it appears, it would be greatly appreciated.

ESCUNITED won't be covering Belarus until we know for certain that their entry isn't glorifying autoritarian, amoral propaganda, and your feedback could help us determine whether it is or not.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
True! But the end decision is still Matt's to make and every bit of information helps.

crashworld

Veteran
Guys, a heads up.

Looks like Galasy ZMesta have written a new Eurovision song, set to drop "soon" ( :table flip: ). If any our members that know Russian would be so kind to translate the lyrics (assuming it's again a song in Russian) if or when it appears, it would be greatly appreciated

Urmm? So they are participating now? LOL. Belarus please blardy just confirm.

The case is not the lyrics of that song, as for me. The band itself is goverment poppet and people do not support them going Eurovision

But I think EBU's stand is they are fine with each delegation/artist's participation as long as the artists and the delegation do not politicized ESC regardless of what is the political view or the political situation of the country and its artists. So if the band has decided to send in a new song with no (obvious) political undertones, they technically should be allowed to participate.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Looks like Galasy ZMesta have written a new Eurovision song, set to drop "soon" ( :table flip: ).

Considering the absolute mess of their last entry I dread to think what a song they've knocked out in a few days sounds like.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Am I the only one who constantly reads the band's name as 'galaxy mess'

I mean, their existence is a pretty big mess in our galaxy anyway, so it doesn't sound too far off.
that reminds me of when members of our editor team googling their name for pics and background info, and all they could find were pixures of Samsung Galaxy phones xheart

crashworld

Veteran
I have read from a thread on the Eurovision sub-reddit.
Apparently, EBU has given Belarusian delegation till end of March to come out with a new song.

Not sure how true is that. That's quite generous of EBU considering if the new song is in line with the EBU rules, the artist still need to do the back-up performance. The Belarusian delegation is really trying to be funny. I hope EBU will still slap them with a fine for causing all these unnecessary delays.

Source of article:

Last edited:

Mimmon

Veteran
Apparently, EBU has given Belarusian delegation till end of March to come out with a new song.

Not sure how true is that. That's quite generous of EBU considering if the new song is in line with the EBU rules, the artist still need to do the back-up performance. The Belarusian delegation is really trying to funny. I hope EBU will still issue a fine to them for causing all these unnecessary delays.

Source of article:
If its is then its not fair.....

Schlagerman1

Relax people, we have no confirmation from any official sources. An social media site from a supposedly OGAE and speculations from a belarusian news site is not enough. I guess we will have to sit and wait for some confirmation, either from BTRC or from EBU and let these rumours find interesting to look at, but not take them as any confirmation what so ever.

I bims

Veteran
They can do whatever they want, 2021 has only 39 entries in my book. Hope they just quit and don't shit anything on stage. Just no.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member

Not sure how true is that. That's quite generous of EBU considering if the new song is in line with the EBU rules, the artist still need to do the back-up performance. The Belarusian delegation is really trying to be funny. I hope EBU will still slap them with a fine for causing all these unnecessary delays.

Source of article:
According to article its only a guess from PR man (not related to this year Eurovision, just famous person)
Also ddl of submitting back up videos is 25th March

crashworld

Veteran
According to article its only a guess from PR man (not related to this year Eurovision, just famous person)
Also ddl of submitting back up videos is 25th March

Thanks for clarifying. I believe the deadline for the submission of the back-up performance is 26th March.
But I won't be surprised if EBU will grant them extension for the submission of the back-up performance too.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
Relax people, we have no confirmation from any official sources. An social media site from a supposedly OGAE and speculations from a belarusian news site is not enough. I guess we will have to sit and wait for some confirmation, either from BTRC or from EBU and let these rumours find interesting to look at, but not take them as any confirmation what so ever.
That random vk group with 'official' news deleted that post quickly

Top Bottom