Contact us

Belarus BELARUS 2021 - not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Thanks for clarifying. I believe the deadline for the submission of the back-up performance is 26th March.
But I won't be surprised if EBU will grant them extension for the submission of the back-up performance too.

It's been extended for Belarus. They have until 1 April, for both song submission and taping of the back-up performance.

:rolleyes:

A-lister

Veteran
I really hope this rumor about EBU extending the deadline to BTRC is BS, because what it would mean in practice is that not only is EBU giving a fascist regime a platform to whitewash their image, they also accept the behavior this broadcaster is showing and even give them extra time.

BorisBubbles

Veteran

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Good of you to mention that Trece. I wasn't fully sure how credible the source was myself.

Loindici

Veteran
I really hope this rumor about EBU extending the deadline to BTRC is BS, because what it would mean in practice is that not only is EBU giving a fascist regime a platform to whitewash their image, they also accept the behavior this broadcaster is showing and even give them extra time.

I meannnn that might be a move to make EBU appear as 'neutral' as possible, but still it's a bad thing in general. It's really up to our Europress to hold them accountable.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
Televoting. Cuz their jury will put us at the last place (haven't been proud of the last place SO MUCH in my entire sexy life) :cool:xbeach
Even if that. Anyways we will see what jury will do, who knows

AlekS

Veteran
Anyways we will see what jury will do
Give 12 to Russia? 0 to Poland (if they qualify), Ukraine and Lithuania.

Remember when Lukashenko was giving excuses when their votes got annuled and Russia received 0? Lol. Except now BTRC is even more controlled by the presidential administration. All pro-European people at the broadcaster have resigned.
Or BTRC will try to act fair, like look, Europe hates us and we are so saint. You never know, it's like trying to predict a psycho's actions. Everything depends of the mood of one man in that particular day :lol:

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member

Remember when Lukashenko was giving excuses when their votes got annuled and Russia received 0? Lol. Except now BTRC is even more controlled by the presidential administration. All pro-European people at the broadcaster have resigned.
Or BTRC will try to act fair, like look, Europe hates us and we are so saint. You never know, it's like trying to predict a psycho's actions. Everything depends of the mood of one man in that particular day :lol:
Anyways i cant see (and i hope) Belarusian jury giving Ukraine and Lşthuania 0 in semifinal

BorisBubbles

Veteran

Belarus has nowhere near the level of near-sociopathic cunning demonstrated by Russia, and whichever machinations they'll try will always be poorly hidden. Russia at least has the wits to hide their biases by ranking acts such as Conchita Wurst 14th or so (so: not last, but still safely away from Pointsville), shrewdly avoiding any link between them and possible rigging/collusion/corruption.

Belarus, by contrast, genuinely seemed to think "I'll Teach You"'s underhanded political would be able to skate through the process equally untouchable and ofc they didn't, resulting in its DQ. Russia are Blackadder and Belarus are their Baldrick.

hijirio

Veteran
The EU doesn’t even recognize their election, so why does EBU allow a broadcaster that is appointed by an illegitimate government?

Not to forget that this band is not only pro-tyranny but also utterly sexist and homophobic. Their entry was only one of the many things wrong with the whole act.
Sorry but there’s no place for backwarded bigotry in my ranking. Even if they release a life-changing bop like Love Unlimited 2.0 or Mi Slowanie 2.0, it will be a :0: from me.

Mrm

Veteran
The EU doesn’t even recognize their election, so why does EBU allow a broadcaster that is appointed by an illegitimate government?

Not to forget that this band is not only pro-tyranny but also utterly sexist and homophobic. Their entry was only one of the many things wrong with the whole act.
Sorry but there’s no place for backwarded bigotry in my ranking. Even if they release a life-changing bop like Love Unlimited 2.0 or Mi Slowanie 2.0, it will be a :0: from me.
But how EU can be equaled to EBU at all?
Serbia, Azerbaijan, Russia, Georgia, Ukraine, Armenia etc etc.. That is not EU.. xshrug

heke1988

The EBU isn't organize by EU and EBU hasn't nothing to do with EU.
But how EU can be equaled to EBU at all?
Serbia, Azerbaijan, Russia, Georgia, Ukraine, Armenia etc etc.. That is not EU.. xshrug

And especially Australia:ROFLMAO:.

Iker

Veteran
Imagine if their new song ends up being even worse than their original one, lol. But I guess it cannot be more offensive at least.

Top Bottom