Contact us

Belarus BELARUS 2021 - not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

hijirio

Veteran
The EBU isn't organize by EU and EBU hasn't nothing to do with EU.
So for you it's acceptable for the EBU to allow a broadcaster run by an illegitimate government, according to most of the participating countries which stand for democratic values and human dignity.
For me it isn't.
Simple as that.

FilipFromSweden

So for you it's acceptable for the EBU to allow a broadcaster run by an illegitimate government, according to most of the participating countries which stand for democratic values and human dignity.
For me it isn't.
Simple as that.
By that logic we would have to say goodbye to Russia and Azerbaijan as well

hijirio

Veteran
By that logic we would have to say goodbye to Russia and Azerbaijan as well
No. Their elections have not been rejected.
Authoritarian or not, those governments are legitimately recognized by established democratic institutions.

heke1988

For me it isn't.
Simple as that.

Where I said that?

Authoritarian or not, those governments are legitimately recognized by established democratic institutions.

For your previous point " according to most of the participating countries which stand for democratic values and human dignity." Especially Russia doesn't stand for democratic values (their elections are also rigged and opposition has been silenced or its members have even tried to murder by government). Also Russia doesn't value human dignity: they like Belarus government arrest their citizens, if they protest against government.

hijirio

Veteran
Where I said that?

For your previous point " according to most of the participating countries which stand for democratic values and human dignity." Especially Russia doesn't stand for democratic values (their elections are also rigged and opposition has been silenced or its members have even tried to murder by government). Also Russia doesn't value human dignity: they like Belarus government arrest their citizens, if they protest against government.
this is going off-topic, see you in the politics thread later.

heke1988

this is going off-topic, see you in the politics thread later.

You started it and I am only answering your comments and claims;).

FilipFromSweden

We were talking about democracy, you ever heard about Navalnyj?

heke1988

Imagine if their new song ends up being even worse than their original one, lol. But I guess it cannot be more offensive at least.

"Lukashenko" as a title of the song would be more offensive. Imagine some lyrics of this song: "Luka-, Luka-, Lukashenko!"

Mimmon

Veteran

hijirio

Veteran
There is no problem because we write 2 songs a week. We already have six ready. We chose a few and sent them.

I -----
I don't know what to say.

😂😂😂😂😂😂

😂😂😂😂😂😂

😂😂😂😂😂😂

😂😂😂😂😂😂

😂😂😂😂😂😂

BorisBubbles

Veteran
I mean before we cast judgment, let's remind ourselves that this is a board that loved Hvala ne and Cutting the wire. Not that I would *dare* imply Galasy ZMesta are of the same calibre, but you know... it may not be completely terrible.

Lance Esgard

Given what the band has said about how they write two songs a week, I doubt we are in for anything of considerable musical quality or poetic charm.

I wouldn't be surprised if the new entry was technically non-political but highly 'patriotic'.
We'll see.

Grinch

Given what the band has said about how they write two songs a week, I doubt we are in for anything of considerable musical quality or poetic charm.
It's Eurovision, what musical quality or poetic charm are you talking about?

Top Bottom