13 6.9%

7 3.7%

8 4.3%

8 4.3%

24 12.8%

• Total voters

ParadiseES

Re: AUSTRALIA 2018

Gosh, I legit hope they stay. XD We need their diaspora/bloc votes. :lol: :lol: We got 0 from Ireland and Maltas juries this year. We cannot trust them. :lol:

Well, but they helped more than Australia last year. I don't think their points to UK did a permanent Brexit too :p

Laepo1

should just send Kylie Minogue. Would win in a landslide xheart

EscGeek

Veteran

they should stop taking it seriously and loosen up like :ge::md::me: :D

don't get me wrong, Guy and Dami were great, but this kid from 2017 annoyed me so much

Sean

Admin
Staff member

Empire of the Sun, Peking Duk, Tame Impala, Pnau, Sticky Fingers, Chet Faker, Montaigne, Strange Talk, I could go on...

Australia don't need to go all X Factor in this contest because they could walk it easily with something a little different. Praying for any of these or a similarly epic unknown xheat

Realest

Nohate, but in my opinion its Time to go for Australia because other Countries are suffering because of them. In 2015 Germany (and Maybe Austria) would have got about 4-5 Points if Australia wouldnt have participated as the 27th country. This Year, Georgias place in the Grand Final was robbed by Australia and Last Year it was FYROM.

Laepo1

No, I want Australia to stay. If Australia has to go only because they don't belong to Europe then Azerbaijan, Georgia, Armenia and Israel should leave too.

and seriously, they send stronger songs than half the European countries. Dami should've won last year.

xkiss

esc87fan

I actually think Australia's participation has helped some countries up their game, despite the fact that I thought Isaiah's song this year wasn't as strong as Dami's or even Guy's

Stiven

Okay so who's going to be the Dami Im/Delta Goodrem/The Veronicas of 2018.
Because every year :au: has an over-hyped rumour that ends up being false.
And then who's going to be the actual representative. I just hope they don't pick someone inexperienced again like Isaiah Firebrace while he is a good singer the lack off experience was pretty noticeable, while Dami Im and Guy Sebastian(both experienced singers) where great.

DanielLuis

The Veronicas seem really interested in taking part every year, I think they haven't gone yet just because SBS doesn't want to invite them.

A-lister

Veteran

They could send someone sleeping on stage and would still end up in the top jury votes...

Would be nice to have something atleast SLIGHTLY exciting, these soulless middle-of-the-road meh stuff we got so far weren't impressive to say the least...

I mean by now we know that "one-time thing only" was just code for "we, the EBU, do as we please... so let's make it permanent but let's call it 'invitations' instead...", so while I personally don't recognize Australia as an ESC country (should not be mixed up with any opinion about the country or its people in general, which I have nothing against what so ever), from an objective point of view I would still root for them if they sent a song worthy of rooting for... but judging by the route they're on it doesn't look likely... but I'll gladly be happily surprised!

tuorem

They could send someone sleeping on stage and would still end up in the top jury votes...

Would be nice to have something atleast SLIGHTLY exciting, these soulless middle-of-the-road meh stuff we got so far weren't impressive to say the least...

I mean by now we know that "one-time thing only" was just code for "we, the EBU, do as we please... so let's make it permanent but let's call it 'invitations' instead...", so while I personally don't recognize Australia as an ESC country (should not be mixed up with any opinion about the country or its people in general, which I have nothing against what so ever), from an objective point of view I would still root for them if they sent a song worthy of rooting for... but judging by the route they're on it doesn't look likely... but I'll gladly be happily surprised!

Same here. While I personally think "Don't Come Easy" was hands-down their best effort yet, I need more to root for them.

To me, Australia is like Russia: they know they'll get some kind of support, yet they don't seem to want to make the most of it by sending riskier songs. So far, all I see is a hyped-up upgraded version of Denmark aka "Safeland".

And even if they don't want to go all out and stay within their "mainstream pop" segment, they could get inspired by other nations: Azerbaijan and Belgium for instance know how to retain some hint of originality while being obviously mainstream. So they could at least try to go the same route. But of course, I wouldn't refuse any more "out there" effort, being middle-of-the-road is what kills the contest for me.

I'm sure I'm one of the few members here who have posted more negative posts than positive ones in Australian threads since 2015, but it's because I genuinely would like to be impressed by an Australian entry for once - now that they're in for good.

Fingers crossed for next year. xpray I'd be shocked to give you my personal twelve points but who knows! :D Send a riskier and more sophisticasted pop song and we shall talk about it in due time :mrgreen:

anto475

If Australia enter Eurovision Asia would they be allowed/bothered to enter Eurovision as well?

DanielLuis

If Australia enter Eurovision Asia would they be allowed/bothered to enter Eurovision as well?

Bothered? Certainly yes. They have revealed they have a plan to eventually launch a Melodifestivalen-like NF for Eurovision a few months ago, and they have been negotiating the start of Eurovision Asia for more than a year now.
Allowed? Almost 100% yes

Realest

The special treatment that Australia is getting every year only for being Australia is ridiculous.
I still hope (in vain) that Australia leaves our Contest.

anto475

Bothered? Certainly yes. They have revealed they have a plan to eventually launch a Melodifestivalen-like NF for Eurovision a few months ago, and they have been negotiating the start of Eurovision Asia for more than a year now.
Allowed? Almost 100% yes

But surely they might re-focus their MelFest towards EASC. I know they have been negotiating it for more than a year but now it's finally happening. Given that they haven't yet confirmed for Lisbon (although they usually don't do so until October/November) it might be a sign that they may leave ESC for EASC.

Sabiondo

We'll be sticking around for at least another year, Europe! :twisted:

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2017/08/24/australia-confirmed-compete-eurovision-2018

I guess when the EBU farce will stop? If they want adopt officially :au: as permanent participant at should make a one-time general meeting to ask all members of the EBU about to accept the SBS as a full member instead of inviting them annually.

Also its not fair they can participate in both song contests (Europe and Asia). Then countries like :am:, :az:, :ge:, :tr:, :ru: and even :kz: (If ever EBU let them debut) will ask to do the same.

RomanFromRussia

If these countries had a desire to take part in both contests, they would take part here. I have nothing against Australia in both contests. They send decent entries, at least

Top Bottom