8 4.3%

24 12.8%

• Total voters

Realest

Re: AUSTRALIA 2018

Not again..

Pawhlen

So much for "one year only", why can´t just EBU speak open that they want :au: as permanent competitor? EBU, people are not stupid

Fun though that they copy our national final. I wonder if the interest is good enough down there to do a simular thing like MF? I doubt

JonnyWest

I don't think it's fair they get to participate in two contests. With that being said, I hope they bring a quality entry next year

JonnyWest

Don't forget that in the 70's, 80's and 90's :pt: and :es: participated in both ESC and OTI Festival as well and nobody complained. ;)

I don't even know what that is :lol: still, same situation, it's not fair

EDIT: just found out what that OTI Festival was about and your comparison is kinda irrelevant since it wasn't even organized by EBU :?

Sabiondo

I don't even know what that is :lol: still, same situation, it's not fair

EDIT: just found out what that OTI Festival was about and your comparison is kinda irrelevant since it wasn't even organized by EBU :?

The OTI Festival was used as kind of conzolation prize song contest for both :es: and :pt: as they couldn't win ESC back then :lol:

DanielLuis

I guess when the EBU farce will stop? If they want adopt officially :au: as permanent participant at should make a one-time general meeting to ask all members of the EBU about to accept the SBS as a full member instead of inviting them annually.

Also its not fair they can participate in both song contests (Europe and Asia). Then countries like :am:, :az:, :ge:, :tr:, :ru: and even :kz: (If ever EBU let them debut) will ask to do the same.

I'm pretty sure that all those countries you said will be able to take part in both contests, actually.

Romeo

Realest

Eurovision Asia is a better place for :au:

Only This and nothing else.

8 Months to go and We can already gratulate them for reaching the Final and having at least 150 Points no matter what they send.

Realest

Just explain me the reason why entries from Australia should be placed lower than they were in 15, 16 and 17?

Isaiah had a Song that weve heard 100x before. It was solid and not outstanding. He has no high livequalities, ,no charisma, an average Voice etc.. and the whole performance was not memorable. I cant see anything there, that justifies 171 Points. Especially when IT, RO, HU, HR etc.. dont have nearly the same Points. I just dont get it. If the Juries are such Balladfriends, than why Australia and not Poland or UK?

And besides this, it cannot possible be, that Australia gets 3x in a row more than 100 Points more from the Juries than from the Televoter.

RomanFromRussia

Isaiah had a Song that weve heard 100x before. It was solid and not outstanding. He has no high livequalities, ,no charisma, an average Voice etc.. and the whole performance was not memorable. I cant see anything there, that justifies 171 Points. Especially when IT, RO, HU, HR etc.. dont have nearly the same Points. I just dont get it. If the Juries are such Balladfriends, than why Australia and not Poland or UK?

And besides this, it cannot possible be, that Australia gets 3x in a row more than 100 Points more from the Juries than from the Televoter.

It's easy.
First of all, in 15 and 16 there were televote-friendly songs and decent performances (both of artist sang in tune).

Secondly, your feedback about 17 entry is way subjective. Isaiah has extraordinary vocal (he has outstanding voice, vocally not perfect). Maybe song is not that outstanding, but in ESC 80% of songs are not outstanding at all while Don't come easy sounded like a Sam Smith poptrack this could be a hit with a better performance. Pretty sure most of the juries voted for that.

tuorem

Eurovision Asia is a better place for :au:

Eurovision Oceania would be even better and more accurate :mrgreen: even if they are full ABU members (a requirement to take part in Eurovision Asia) :D

Just explain me the reason why entries from Australia should be placed lower than they were in 15, 16 and 17?

There are no objective reasons to put forward I guess, it all comes down to personal taste: some think Australia is a quality participant, and some don't. Personally, I ask myself the contrary of your question: why those three entries placed that high? Whether it's musically, visually or performance-wise, I haven't seen or heard anything out of the ordinary that would make me understand why they were rewarded so much every year. Based on my own assessment, the only conclusion I came to is that Australia benefited a lot from being Australia, and I feel like the same songs wouldn't have achieved such placings were they sent by other countries (just my opinion ofc). And the very extreme results of "Don't Come Easy" between juries/televoters just strengthened my assumptions, which were first fueled by their one-of-a-kind debut and the unprecedented privileges that went with it.

As Australia seems to be in for good, I would love to love one of their entries one day and see them be rewarded for it, like every country. So far though, I didn't get what the hype was all about.

Realest

It's easy.
Maybe song is not that outstanding

And thats the reason why i cant understand those 171 Points. If it was 80-90 maybe I would be ok, but as I said outstanding Songs like Hu, Ro, It etc.. didnt have nearly the same Points. And vocally I really cant see anything extraordinary there no matter how objective I try to be. He was overshadowed by Kristian, who had more or less the same kind of entry.
And other Balladsingers like Lucie or Kasia seemed to be much more confident on stage than Isaiah Id say.

So im pretty sure, that Juries voted for the fact that hes australian. I still think if he was polish or british it would have been 30-50 Points.

Realest

Id rather say we need to get rid of Australia right in time before its getting worse and become to late.

RomanFromRussia

I got rid of cheesy entries like This is love, Perfect life, I feel alive and My Friend tbh, but I don't call for excluding the countries that sent'em.

Top Bottom