Contact us

יִשְרָאֵל - Israel 2010 - Harel Ska'at - Milim

how do you rate the entry?

• Total voters

apelles

Re: ????????? - Israel 2010 - Harel Ska'at - Milim

At first I would have placed Israel somewhere between 7-9, but now after I've listened to it carefully again, I would put it either 3 or 4. Skaat was excellent for most of the song, and he did miss a couple of notes at the end but all were minor, except the one noticeable one where he went off-key. However, his song was much more challenging than anything else anyone attempted, so I would reward him major points for that. Plus the song is much better than any other song in the competition IMO. So I liken this to an ice skating competition where one skater tries a number of triple axles and misses one, while the other skaters don't even try one. So what if they don't miss, most didn't take risks either and I am not going to reward them for that.

I would have given my 12 points to Ireland for her beautiful song and her almost flawless performance. It's a major injustice that Ireland finished almost at the bottom. Iceland also got the shaft this year, meanwhile Russia, with an awful song scores higher than all three. Eurovision has lost a lot of credibility and it wouldn't surprise me if they don't get the problems fixed the contest will continue to suffer decline in viewers. Why not break it into two parts--Europe and former USSR countries

By the way, many live performance CDs are fixed, so I think they should do that with Skaat's performance. It wouldn't take much to do that, or better release his phenomenal third rehearsal performance (I was in the stadium and it was awesome). Overall, I think it was a strong performance even with the flaw:!:

Israeliboy

LadyKiller said:
Out of all these singers I liked Miri Mesika more.
I also think that you shouldn't send a ballad again, at least for next year. I don't wanna be looking for an alarm clock again. ;)

:lol: Ok, they have uptempo songs too, but I think ballads are the best to show their vocal abilities :)

Vedenneito

Would anyone have the transliterated lyrics for Harel's song Sof? I don't mean a translation to English, but Hebrew words written in Latin alphabet. I want to learn it but don't read Hebrew very well yet :).

The Hebrew lyrics can be found here: http://www.shiron.net/artist?type=lyrics&lang=1&prfid=3963&wrkid=24032

[youtube:24rkbrjz]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZPxPXTBGH40&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZPxPXTBGH40&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:24rkbrjz]

Israeliboy

Vedenneito said:
Would anyone have the transliterated lyrics for Harel's song Sof? I don't mean a translation to English, but Hebrew words written in Latin alphabet. I want to learn it but don't read Hebrew very well yet :).

The Hebrew lyrics can be found here: http://www.shiron.net/artist?type=lyrics&lang=1&prfid=3963&wrkid=24032

[youtube:1wx5bvvr]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZPxPXTBGH40&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZPxPXTBGH40&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:1wx5bvvr]

Sure, I can help you with that :-)

U'va'leilot ha'kolot ha'ro'ashim kvar mitcha'sim ba'cheder ha'gadol
Tarud ha'sheket ha'potzea
Ha'kirot ha'chalonot ha'matzahim ha'levanim
tovim mi'meni le'saper
Et ma she'ani yo'dea
U'chechol she'em sogrim u'mitkarvim el'ai le'at
chokrim me'va'rerim lo mitbaishim la'chasof
Ani matchil le'daber
mesaper hakol kim'at
Tzochek ve'az bo'che
Ani me'vin she'ze ha'sof

Hu kvar kan
Hu me'chake
Lo me'fached kol kach ta'or
Oti kvar lo tzarich lishol
Ani esh'bor et ha'chomot
Otan ba'niti be'yadai
Ha'sof kvar kan
Ani ek'ach oto el'ai
E'ye li tov
E'ye li tov ba'sof
Ulay

Ve'ze mafchid oti la'chsov
Al metzukot lo muzdakot she'lo az'vu af le'daka
She'lo na'tnu lehi'pared
Em'nam hirshu li le'ehov rak le'dakot sfurot
Ve'az chazru el'ai karov ve'lo na'tnu le'hitkarev
Ba'chadarim u'ba'dmama ani matzati li miflat
Ke'dei liv'ro'ach
Ani lo motze makom acher
Ve'em ekshivu le'koli, em ha'yu li le'miklat
Ha'yom ani yo'dea sham lamadeti le'daber

Hu kvar kan
Hu me'chake
Lo me'fached kol kach ta'or
Oti kvar lo tzarich lishol
Ani esh'bor et ha'chomot
Otan ba'niti be'yadai
Ha'sof kvar kan
Ani ek'ach oto el'ai
E'ye li tov
E'ye li tov ba'sof
Ulay

:D

Vedenneito

xkiss

Thank you!! ???? ???

Israeliboy

More possibilities for ISRAEL 2011:

Hen Aharoni
8985_t275.jpg

[youtube:juvqjzke]EepKpZsk1hk[/youtube:juvqjzke]
[youtube:juvqjzke]8Agbqn6f81g[/youtube:juvqjzke]

Ivri Lider (Israeli gay icon):

200px-Ivri_Lider.jpg

[youtube:juvqjzke]ICAyAUfLOPE[/youtube:juvqjzke]

[youtube:juvqjzke]lKGtM1oRI90[/youtube:juvqjzke]

[youtube:juvqjzke]6KzLMy9Tsgs[/youtube:juvqjzke]

[youtube:juvqjzke]_BtK9cSjAiY[/youtube:juvqjzke]

Miri Mesika:

%D7%9E%D7%99%D7%A8%D7%99%20%D7%9E%D7%A1%D7%99%D7%A7%D7%94.jpg

[youtube:juvqjzke]Noz6vuDQTEk[/youtube:juvqjzke]

[youtube:juvqjzke]8_GaCXpGvkU[/youtube:juvqjzke]

Liron Lev:

637422-5.jpg

[youtube:juvqjzke]oPFoVA96AZU[/youtube:juvqjzke]

Ninet Tayeb (Winner of Israeli idol 1):

1_wh.jpg

[youtube:juvqjzke]9bd-DMXoiSI[/youtube:juvqjzke]

[youtube:juvqjzke]H4d3SO3pwO8[/youtube:juvqjzke]

Ran Danker:

82.JPG

[youtube:juvqjzke]4wQLkYFO564[/youtube:juvqjzke]

[youtube:juvqjzke]tanpc6Jt530[/youtube:juvqjzke]

Mali Levi:

mali-levi22_c.jpg

[youtube:juvqjzke]nLPfwQV1Pek[/youtube:juvqjzke]

[youtube:juvqjzke]oH0E1_MoXCo[/youtube:juvqjzke]

Idan Raichel Project:

raichelbaitib.jpg

[youtube:juvqjzke]b-rthgTLUJk[/youtube:juvqjzke]

[youtube:juvqjzke]i8C_lhmpIgk[/youtube:juvqjzke]

[youtube:juvqjzke]Uu7vuR9z01s[/youtube:juvqjzke]

[youtube:juvqjzke]09XrVUGVKqY[/youtube:juvqjzke]

Skazi

51866.jpg

[youtube:juvqjzke]PIL2ttBqTsM[/youtube:juvqjzke]

[youtube:juvqjzke]x3D0khSKyLg[/youtube:juvqjzke]

Infected Mushroom:

infectedmushroom.jpg

[youtube:juvqjzke]Z6hL6fkJ1_k[/youtube:juvqjzke]

Keren Peles:

2867909_30.jpg

[youtube:juvqjzke]QJhcZ9TvM8o[/youtube:juvqjzke]

[youtube:juvqjzke]qQFr2c7yP1M[/youtube:juvqjzke]

Knob:
[youtube:juvqjzke]ny09_il__bs[/youtube:juvqjzke]

Terry Poison:
[youtube:juvqjzke]BpIaRTSYMTA[/youtube:juvqjzke]

Offer Nissim feat. Maya
[youtube:juvqjzke]AE5q2u9r1I0[/youtube:juvqjzke]

Michal Amdursky:
[youtube:juvqjzke]BthqjaLj7Go[/youtube:juvqjzke]

Moshe Peretz:
[youtube:juvqjzke]OLmijz9lkdg[/youtube:juvqjzke]

Dudu Aharon:
[youtube:juvqjzke]s4gDBijsitE[/youtube:juvqjzke]

Israeliboy

32187_435449695750_655995750_6053544_952157_n.jpg

29059_1428245300068_1050886072_1262632_5126401_n.jpg

But can't forget him :)

Vedenneito

Israeliboy said:
If you need anysong and can't find there, I can write you the alphabet!

Thanks! That is a great website. One song of Harel's that I really like and couldn't find there was Hazmano Orachim, it's track number 6 on his album Dmuyot.

Again, here are the Hebrew words: http://www.shiron.net/artist?type=lyric ... rkid=24417 So if you could write those down, I'd be most grateful!

Also, the meaning of this song is a bit lost in Google translation. It says something like "we invited guests, that was bad for us, two of us alone in the apartment, I don't understand what they say, don't know the language, we could take a movie home, make plans for a walk... we invited guests, now it's over, come more often, why so short". So is it a happy song or a little bit sad, wistful song? Or both? It sounds so lovely, like the perfect summer night mood :D.

Especially this bit didn't make sense to me:

????? ?'????
???? ??????
???? ?????
??? ????

I think Harel will haunt me for a long time as my favourite ESC performer of all time :). I have some other favourites too, like Boaz Mauda, Serbia & Montenego in 2004, Estonia in 1996 and Norway and Estonia in 2003, but I think Harel might have taken the number one spot!

Israeliboy

Vedenneito said:
Israeliboy said:
If you need anysong and can't find there, I can write you the alphabet!

Thanks! That is a great website. One song of Harel's that I really like and couldn't find there was Hazmano Orachim, it's track number 6 on his album Dmuyot.

Again, here are the Hebrew words: http://www.shiron.net/artist?type=lyric ... rkid=24417 So if you could write those down, I'd be most grateful!

Also, the meaning of this song is a bit lost in Google translation. It says something like "we invited guests, that was bad for us, two of us alone in the apartment, I don't understand what they say, don't know the language, we could take a movie home, make plans for a walk... we invited guests, now it's over, come more often, why so short". So is it a happy song or a little bit sad, wistful song? Or both? It sounds so lovely, like the perfect summer night mood :D.

Especially this bit didn't make sense to me:

????? ?'????
???? ??????
???? ?????
??? ????

I think Harel will haunt me for a long time as my favourite ESC performer of all time :). I have some other favourites too, like Boaz Mauda, Serbia & Montenego in 2004, Estonia in 1996 and Norway and Estonia in 2003, but I think Harel might have taken the number one spot!

He deserved to be loved cause he is so great person and singer :) I adore him a lot!!!

Now for the song you wanted :

Hezmanu Orchim
Ma ha'iya lanu ra
She'neinu le'vad
Le'vad ba'dira

Hezmanu orchim
Achshav me'huma
Ta'avir li et ze
Mi sho'te ma

Hezmanu orchim
Elohim, at yafa
Lo mevin ma omrim
Lo mekir et ha'safa

Mavi metukim
Metziz ba'sha'a
Over le'yadech
Osef le'tifa

Yacholnu lakachat seret ha'baita
Yacholnu lishkav ktzat betoch ha'sha'vlul
Yacholnu la'tzet le'neshima ba'mirpeset
La'mtzie tochniot le'tiul
Lagid mishpatim she'midai sho'chachim

Hezmanu orchim
Achshav me'huma
Ta'avir li et ze
Mi sho'te ma

Hezmanu Orchim
Ma ha'iya lanu ra
She'neinu le'vad
Le'vad ba'dira

Hezmanu orchim
Achshav ze nigmar
Ta'vou yoter
Lama kol kach katzar

Martiv ta'panim
Lochetz man'gina
No'shek le'ktafech
Ve'at ye'she'na

About the song . . .
It's a happy song, about host people in your home :lol: :cool: It's a strange one but lovely no doubt!!!

Vedenneito

Thanks!! Yes it definitely has a happy feeling to it. It sounds like something I'd listen to with my boyfriend on a warm summer night when everything life is great... (Now I just have to find the boyfriend hahaha).

Based on the interviews, Harel definitely seems like a genuinely nice person. If I saw him in the street, I would have no fear to go and talk to him. Not all famous people are like that... at all. Some seem very proud and self-centered, but Harel is, well ...real. When people commented on his good looks during the Eurovision, he blushed and thanked them for the compliment, saying that his song is what matters in this competition but he will take the kind words for his personal life (because of course everyone likes compliments, so he didn't pretend that's not a nice thing to hear, but he didn't make it the main point either).

Israeliboy

Great, you got my point about Harel. the way he behave to his fans is ALL....He is so cute person and his voice etc sure. He is just the perfect combination :D I just adore him for that, and all here!!! GO HAREL SKA'AT!!! I met him 3 times already!

Vedenneito

Hahaha, well next time you see him, you have to tell him to come to Finland, because we love him here (rememeber the 10 points)!! If he needs a break from all the crazyness, he can always visit my family's summer cottage - no one will find him there because it's in the middle of nowhere :D!

[youtube:3vy8ej7e]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3cKIva9NSvk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3cKIva9NSvk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:3vy8ej7e]

This song makes me long for something, I'm not sure what, but I definitely feel it.

Israeliboy

Vedenneito said:
Hahaha, well next time you see him, you have to tell him to come to Finland, because we love him here (rememeber the 10 points)!! If he needs a break from all the crazyness, he can always visit my family's summer cottage - no one will find him there because it's in the middle of nowhere :D!

[youtube:16q8u95x]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3cKIva9NSvk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3cKIva9NSvk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:16q8u95x]

This song makes me long for something, I'm not sure what, but I definitely feel it.

This song is the "Israeli national anthem" :D called "The hope"

Vedenneito

Yes I just read the lyrics - :shock: ! Wow, that's what it is about, longing for freedom, longing for home! That is exactly what it made me feel before I even knew what the lyrics mean!

We have a song in Finland with similar emotional meaning, it's our unofficial anthem "Finlandia Hymn". It is all about one day being free, being independent, finally seeing good times (it was written under oppression).

You can hear it for example here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJWNLIQhYH0

But yeah, I immediately connected the Israeli Anthem with the same feeling as Finlandia. Music is such an amazing power... And Harel sings it sooooo beautifully!

Israeliboy

Vedenneito said:
Yes I just read the lyrics - :shock: ! Wow, that's what it is about, longing for freedom, longing for home! That is exactly what it made me feel before I even knew what the lyrics mean!

We have a song in Finland with similar emotional meaning, it's our unofficial anthem "Finlandia Hymn". It is all about one day being free, being independent, finally seeing good times (it was written under oppression).

You can hear it for example here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJWNLIQhYH0

But yeah, I immediately connected the Israeli Anthem with the same feeling as Finlandia. Music is such an amazing power... And Harel sings it sooooo beautifully!

I like "Finlandia Hymn" and yes, Harel sings very beautiful that why I like his singing with a lot of emotions :cool:

Vedenneito

I found Finnish lyrics for Hatikva as well, very easy to sing to the melody and so beautiful it brings tears to my eyes:

Kun Israelin lapset yössä kyynelten
aamua kohden silmät nostavat,
ja polttavana kaipuu rinnan tuskaisen,
Siionin vuoren nähdä soisivat.

Ah, taas tulta syttyy sydämiin,
kun tää toivo mielen kirkastaa,
Daavidin pyhään kotikaupunkiin
viel' että riemuin saamme vaeltaa.

This is not a literal translation but an artistic one, so if we translate the Finnish version into English it would be

When the children of Israel in the night of tears
lift their eyes towards the morning,
and the longing burns in the troubled chest,
they hope to see the mountain of Zion.

Oh, the fire is lit in the hearts,
this hope brightens the mind,
that to David's holy city
one day we can go with joy.

Maybe I should do a duet with Harel, he singing in Hebrew and me in Finnish ;).

apelles

Thanks for the 10 points from Finland! It sounds like some good opportunities will come Skaat's way because of Eurovision. I hope he releases some new songs.
Vedenneito, if you want to hear a beautiful song, look up his duet with Moshe Peretz of "Perach" on youtube. It's one of the most beautiful songs you'll ever hear. The harmonies are incredible.

Israeliboy

Vedenneito said:
I found Finnish lyrics for Hatikva as well, very easy to sing to the melody and so beautiful it brings tears to my eyes:

Kun Israelin lapset yössä kyynelten
aamua kohden silmät nostavat,
ja polttavana kaipuu rinnan tuskaisen,
Siionin vuoren nähdä soisivat.

Ah, taas tulta syttyy sydämiin,
kun tää toivo mielen kirkastaa,
Daavidin pyhään kotikaupunkiin
viel' että riemuin saamme vaeltaa.

This is not a literal translation but an artistic one, so if we translate the Finnish version into English it would be

When the children of Israel in the night of tears
lift their eyes towards the morning,
and the longing burns in the troubled chest,
they hope to see the mountain of Zion.

Oh, the fire is lit in the hearts,
this hope brightens the mind,
that to David's holy city
one day we can go with joy.

Maybe I should do a duet with Harel, he singing in Hebrew and me in Finnish ;).

This is the real translation of our national anthem:

As long as in the heart, within,
A Jewish soul still yearns,
And onward, towards the ends of the east,
An eye still gazes toward Zion;

Our hope is not yet lost,
The hope of two thousand years,
To be a free people in our land,
The land of Zion and Jerusalem.

avermynon

Vedenneito said:
Can someone who speaks Hebrew, maybe Israeliboy, repeat the phrase Harel says after winning the third prize? Toda =).
I noticed no one replied to this so I will
he says-
?? ???? ???? ??? ???
"ben porat yosef alei ayin"

Top Bottom